• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Preliminary Bok training squad announced

S

Steve-o

http://www.int.iol.co.za/index.php?set_id=...12251529C992909

Ok. I nearly flipped my lid when i heard some of these names being called out. I mean, Dollie has never played in the S14! BUT then i remembered PdV promised he wouldn't choose any players that made it into the play offs, so they don't loose focus. So guys like Mujati, Nokwe, Dollie, Adams, Bobo and so on WILL be replaced.
I think he's done this to show these guys that they're on his radar.

http://www.int.iol.co.za/index.php?set_id=...12251529C992909

Ok. I nearly flipped my lid when i heard some of these names being called out. I mean, Dollie has never played in the S14! BUT then i remembered PdV promised he wouldn't choose any players that made it into the play offs, so they don't loose focus. So guys like Mujati, Nokwe, Dollie, Adams, Bobo and so on WILL be replaced.
I think he's done this to show these guys that they're on his radar.
[/b]

Yeah so did I. He'll end up with a training squad of 50+... that's too many I reckon. Might as well have invited all S14 players.
But... you want Mujati replaced? He scrummed the pants off Heinke van der Merwe today, no mean feat. One of the best props in SA.
Agreed on the others though. He announed 42 so far, I'd take about 15 off that list right now.

Really surprised that Kambamba Floors was called up, he hasn't played any fiveteens this year. I was really shocked when Jano Vermaak didn't make it, even just into the training squad but he put Heini Adams in.

Micky,..? I'm sorry boet but vd Merwe was the boss last night. Mujati was taught a lesson in scrummaging. Plus we got guys like Jannie du Plessis, BJ Botha and vd Linde who are miles ahead of him.

Micky,..? I'm sorry boet but vd Merwe was the boss last night. Mujati was taught a lesson in scrummaging. Plus we got guys like Jannie du Plessis, BJ Botha and vd Linde who are miles ahead of him.
[/b]

Hmmm I am ashamed to admit you're right <_<
I watched the game again later on (after sobering up :bleh!: ), indeed Mujati only dominated the opening exchanges.
Maybe a fitness issue, like half the Stormers or more??

I read the training squad list again this morning, there are certainly about 10-12 genuine "WTF's?" in there as far as I'm concerned. But overall, a big sigh of relief.
:bana: :bana: :bana: :bana: :bana: :bana:
I just hope the 30 in the squad will be somewhat similar.
And that the others who genuinely were good but not good enough shoudl make the Emerging Boks squad. Since PdV used to coach them, the Emerging Boks might well be better taken care of in the future? One can only hope.

No shame in admitting it, vd Merwe is a monster! I'm a huge fan of his. Not many players can match him imo. Expect him to be in the Bok squad for many years to come.
I agree with you about the Emerging Boks, it's a great concept and can only be good for these young players.

Worst player in the rugby world: Zane Kirchner (How he got to where he is i will never know, utter shite stain of a rugby player)

2nd Worst player in the rugby world: Earl Rose (see above comment and repeat)

3rd Worst player in the rugby world: Gcobani Bobo (nuff said)

What the hell? That ass Regan Hoskins must just die. If those players were chosen on merrit, then i think the selectors are mentally challenged. Seriously.

Zane Kirchner? If he makes it, i cant even describe........... ****
GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No point being rude about it.
Re: Zane Kirchner, I don't rate him as a Bok fullback, not to mention that I can think of 3 better ones out there, and there might be more:
1. Percy
2. Conrad Jantjies
3. Stephan Terr'Blanche

Not sure whether Terr'Blanche is better than Jantjies, one can debate that.
Rose has no place in there, Bobo... er... nah, he's been S14 standard, no more.
Like I said, I saw a lot of "WTF's?" in the list, but PdV hasn't left the important players out either, which is what I'd feared most.

Du Preez is out for 6 weeks and therefore will miss the 2 Test matches against Wales after breaking a bone in his hand against the Cheetahs.

Du Preez is out for 6 weeks and therefore will miss the 2 Test matches against Wales after breaking a bone in his hand against the Cheetahs.
[/b]

Shame, man. He wasn't at his best this year but still a star.
Januarie and Kockott it is then?

Yeah I agree, but I think Kockett was always gonna replace Adams. So maybe now Adams will just stick around

Percy is infinetely inferior to the mighty Jantjes B)

Bobo has played for the Spirngboks before, 2003 tri nations he played very well against the All Blacks in Dunedin?! He's not brilliant but he has been solid this year.

Yeah he's been ok but he's not near Bok. 2002-2003 were the worst years in Bok history. Partly because of quotas and mostly because of Strualie or however you spell that doos's name

Yeah he's been ok but he's not near Bok. 2002-2003 were the worst years in Bok history. Partly because of quotas and mostly because of Strualie or however you spell that doos's name[/b]

I threw a frizby at him in Ellis Park after the 2002 game between us and AUS. Had to leg it out of the Stadium as fast as i could because the ******* security guards were chasing me. It hit him on the leg. Ha Ha Ha Ha.

No point being rude about it.
Re: Zane Kirchner, I don't rate him as a Bok fullback, not to mention that I can think of 3 better ones out there, and there might be more:
1. Percy
2. Conrad Jantjies
3. Stephan Terr'Blanche

Not sure whether Terr'Blanche is better than Jantjies, one can debate that.
[/b]

Can't believe Ter'Blanche is in the running. He never played that well for the Ospreys and was a distant second to Lee Burne (even though Burne was half the player he is now). He must have picked his game up big time after returning to South Africa (or he wasn't trying when he was in Wales).

Suppose it's similar to when Montgomery played for Newport, he was absolutely useless.

Edit. I realise Ter'Blanche isn't properly in the running, and and it's between Montgomery and Jentjes for the starting spot.

Yeah he's been ok but he's not near Bok. 2002-2003 were the worst years in Bok history. Partly because of quotas and mostly because of Strualie or however you spell that doos's name[/b]

I threw a frizby at him in Ellis Park after the 2002 game between us and AUS. Had to leg it out of the Stadium as fast as i could because the ******* security guards were chasing me. It hit him on the leg. Ha Ha Ha Ha.
[/b]
Was that plan B? Plan A being a grenade instead?

Yeah he's been ok but he's not near Bok. 2002-2003 were the worst years in Bok history. Partly because of quotas and mostly because of Strualie or however you spell that doos's name
[/b]

Dark,dark days, i just think that was a time when there wasnt a good wealth of talent in Saffa rugby. Amazing now that has changed and i would go as far to say they have the best depth in world rugby. I remember first properly watching the Boks against Scotland in 2002, they were terrible lost 21-6 and subsequently were humped by England the next week, as soon as they changed coaches and brung back the likes of Percy the Boks won the tri nations only two years later. :bravo:

No pun on 'dark days' :lol:
Just kidding
But yeah they sure were mate, atleast we didn't lose to the Welsh :p

Latest posts