• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Preliminary Bok training squad announced

No pun on 'dark days' :lol:
Just kidding
But yeah they sure were mate, atleast we didn't lose to the Welsh :p
[/b]

;)

Just think 1999, to be honest from 1999 to 2003 Bok rugby wasnt in good shape, basically because the backs could create nothing. Also as you said Rudolph Straueli was ****, his brutal treatment of the players pre 03 world cup was sickening.

True, that period was a period of firsts. Bad firsts. Two that come to mind is of course our biggest defeat, 53-3 against England in 2002. And our 1st and only defeat to Wales in almost a hundred years playing against each other in 2000.
Let's not even get into Kamp Staaldrad (Camp Barbed Wire). Would of been a different story if they actually did well in the WC.

Earl Rose and Zane Kirchner make me vomit a little in my mouth every time they touch the ball...

I guess they aren't very solid but do sometimes have great games, those sometimes are unfortunately less than the rubbish perfomances though.

It's a shame Vermaak didn't make it. I rate him far more than that idiot Kockott. Kockott's quick, but selfish and often tries too much instead of just doing the basics. He's a decent player, but nothing more.
Wish Brussouw had gotten in, now that's one for the future. Floors isn't bad but below average compare to the rest of our loosies. Doesn't deserve a spot.
Mujati has been one of the best props in SA this year. You must've only watched the games where he had to switch over to 3 to keep the scrum from imploding. Without him, the stormers scrum wouldn't exist. Don't rate Jannie du Plessis much. Think the beast has outperformed him actually.
Earl Rose is totally undeserving and Bobo is deserving. A great defensive player and good attacker when given space. He links the backs very well. His real position is inside centre though. But the standard of SA centres, barring JdV and Fourie isn't that great, so no problems with him being in. He's dependable, like Barritt and Bosman.
Don't get me started on Olivier... I think Morne Steyn would've been a good option. Since he been in the starting lineup the bulls have been playing very well. He can also cover centre.

And Kockott and Jannie aren't in the squad :)
Unfortunately Murray and Jacobs are in :huh: ... and Bosman's out.
I'm scared about our future centre pairing. JdV better not become injured. I really wish they'd called Barritt up. Him at 12 and Jean at 13 would've been great.

http://www.iol.co.za/index.php?click_id=18...206&set_id=

Jannie du Plessis was a surprise omission when the list of Sharks players, who have been invited to the Springbok training camp in Somerset West, was announced on Monday.

The Sharks tighthead was impressive in his side's semifinal defeat against the Warathas in Sydney over the weekend and had strong selection claims for inclusion in the Bok training squad.

Du Plessis, a fully qualified doctor, made his Springbok debut last year on the Tri-Nations tour of Australasia when he replaced the injured Cobus Visagie against Australia.

He was a member of Jake White's World Cup winning squad after he joined as a late replacement and made his tournament debut in the quarterfinal against Fiji.

De Villiers felt that Du Plessis' absence did not suggest the player wasn't good enough.

"Jannie did not always make the Sharks' starting line-up in the Super 14 this season," said De Villiers. "There are some guys like (Brian) Mujati who have been stars of the Super 14. By not having Jannie here is not to say that he's not good enough, or that we don't want him, it's just that there are other guys on song. We always said that we (Springbok selectors) will look at form.

"Really, I wish I could have all the players at this camp."

Another surprise omission is Rory Kockett, who is regarded as one of the top three scrumhalves in the country. With first choice scrumhalf Fourie du Preez out with injury for at least six weeks, Kockett would have been a sound choice as the understudy to Ricky Januarie.

One other Sharks player who can consider himself unlucky is centre Bradley Barritt who has been very effective, both on attack and defence.

The Sharks players will start arriving in Cape Town on Tuesday.

Sharks players for inclusion in the Bok training squad: BJ Botha, Bismarck du Plessis, Adrian Jacobs, Ryan Kankowski, Tendai Mtawarira, Johann Muller, Waylon Murray, Odwa Ndungane, Ruan Pienaar, JP Pietersen and Francois Steyn. - Sapa

[/b]

FFS what a damn liar, "We always said that we (Springbok selectors) will look at form" my ass. So his lapdog Dollie (never played a S14 in his life) is an on form flyhalf OVER Meyer Bosman? BS! He goes on to say that J Du Plessis was not selected enough, what about Murray?!?! He's hardly featured in the latter half of the season, Barritt pulled the backline back together when he came on last weekend. Has Conradie shown better form than Kockett? HELL NO. I think Jacobs has shown some promise though. Seriously he mustn't say he picks on form if he picked a guy like Fourie who only played 2 games, although he's a class player and I've always wanted him in, you can't judge form on 2 games.

Silly me for thinking quota's were gone.

Latest posts