• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Prem squads 2017/18 season

Havnt checked yet the chiefs players in and out for next season but i heard we are getting kvesic, curious to see what rob baxter can do with him he has alot of potential but i wonder if he can become a better all round player i mean he is still quite young.

Exeter clearly don't need surgery ... Kvesic and Nic White are their main acquisitions. The others are all from the Championship AFAIK.

Baxter is a bit of an alchemist and has a great track record of taking relative unknowns from the lower leagues (see Harry Williams) and turning them in to top players. He's also very good at getting the best out of good players who've been lacking opportunities elsewhere (such as Woodburn) and reinvigorating experienced players who've gone off the boil.

I am backing Kvesic to be a revelation next season. Baxter has already said he's keen to bring out the more attacking side of his game and apparently Kvesic has lost a bit of weight to be more mobile and less breakdown focused. I'm excited to see if it works.

No major outs aside from perhaps Parling.

Exeter clearly don't need surgery ... Kvesic and Nic White are their main acquisitions. The others are all from the Championship AFAIK.

Baxter is a bit of an alchemist and has a great track record of taking relative unknowns from the lower leagues (see Harry Williams) and turning them in to top players. He's also very good at getting the best out of good players who've been lacking opportunities elsewhere (such as Woodburn) and reinvigorating experienced players who've gone off the boil.

I am backing Kvesic to be a revelation next season. Baxter has already said he's keen to bring out the more attacking side of his game and apparently Kvesic has lost a bit of weight to be more mobile and less breakdown focused. I'm excited to see if it works.

No major outs aside from perhaps Parling.

Agreed tbh if he can bring on his attacking game and underhill is as good as hes cracked up to be and the curry twins keep progressing then 7 for england wont he an issue any more.

Liking that chiefs have 2 scrum halfs with decent prem experance in maunder and townsend (who i really do rate) at such a young age with chudley back and i like that we dont need loads of big signings but rather develop young academy players or as you said players who are liking time or progression woth other clubs.

Baxter is so good at tweeking the team and bringing in the odd player to enhance the team in the right way.

Until whatever happened at Kingsholm pushed Kvesic into exile, he was consistently one of Gloucester's best players.

Gutted to seem him go tbh and I expect he will do extremely well for Exeter.

Agreed tbh if he can bring on his attacking game and underhill is as good as hes cracked up to be and the curry twins keep progressing then 7 for england wont he an issue any more.

Liking that chiefs have 2 scrum halfs with decent prem experance in maunder and townsend (who i really do rate) at such a young age with chudley back and i like that we dont need loads of big signings but rather develop young academy players or as you said players who are liking time or progression woth other clubs.

Baxter is so good at tweeking the team and bringing in the odd player to enhance the team in the right way.

100% agree. My only slight disappointment is that Nic White will most likely be taking gametime away from Townsend and Maunder. Still, if they're going to learn from a more experienced scrum half, White is classy player and a definite upgrade on Chudley.

It's a shame to see Ewels is injured again, but I'm looking forward to seeing how Kvesic and Simmonds are incorporated in to the team next season.

100% agree. My only slight disappointment is that Nic White will most likely be taking gametime away from Townsend and Maunder. Still, if they're going to learn from a more experienced scrum half, White is classy player and a definite upgrade on Chudley.

It's a shame to see Ewels is injured again, but I'm looking forward to seeing how Kvesic and Simmonds are incorporated in to the team next season.

Im just hoping its not white and chudley (who i do rate tbh) playing and not developing townsend and maunder.

Take it you mean ewers and if so i agree, he came back into the team looking so powerful and making an impact i feel for him. Ewers and kvesic could work a good balance.

Yes - Ewers! I assume Armand will move to 6 with Kvesic at 7?

Yes - Ewers! I assume Armand will move to 6 with Kvesic at 7?
Armand is a must in the team he puts in such a shift every game even if he is a lt 6 or 8. Chiefs play better with him on the field

Until whatever happened at Kingsholm pushed Kvesic into exile, he was consistently one of Gloucester's best players.

Gutted to seem him go tbh and I expect he will do extremely well for Exeter.

That was strange...................to go from being a first-choice and an England hopeful to frozen out. o_O

apparently Kvesic has lost a bit of weight to be more mobile and less breakdown focused. I'm excited to see if it works.

May not do his Eng chances much good, thought Jones' main criticism was that he wasn't physical enough? But I guess he'll have to be focussed on club first. Very odd situation though, I'm sure there's a story waiting to come out.

That was strange...................to go from being a first-choice and an England hopeful to frozen out. o_O

Yeah, still no idea what happened. What makes it weirder is he was rolled out as one of the interviewed players before the Exeter game.

May not do his Eng chances much good, thought Jones' main criticism was that he wasn't physical enough? But I guess he'll have to be focussed on club first. Very odd situation though, I'm sure there's a story waiting to come out.

Tbh, this was always my main concern insofar as he got dominated a little to easily at the breakdown (to be fair he was still in his early 20s). But he bulked up and addressed the issue.
I know they have advanced training now that supposedly lets you change your body without losing the core strength but you have to think him being lighter isn't gonna do him any favours.
Plus he's never been that fast so I'm not sure how much difference it'll make in that respect either.

so tigers now going into the season currently looking like.
1) Genge, Mulipola, Rizzo,
2) Youngs, McGuigan, Thacker
3) Cole, Cilliers, Bateman
4) Barrow, Kitchener
5) Slater, Fitzgerald
6) Williams, Ryan, Croft
7) O'Conner, McCaffrey, Evans
8) Kalamafoni, Hamilton,
9) Youngs, Harrison, Kitto,
10) Ford, Ford
11) Thompstone, Holmes
12) Toomua, Smith
13) Manu, Catchpole
14) JPP, Brady
15) Veainu, Tait,

Hopefully more to come.

Quins as it stands ...

1. Marler / Lambert / Boyce / Holenstein
2. Buchanan / Gray
3. Sinckler / Collier / Swainston / McNulty / A. Jones
4. Horwill / Twomey (Reddish?)
5. Merrick / Matthews
6. Robshaw / J. Chisholm
7. Wallace / Ward* / Hodson
8. Clifford / Luamanu / Bothma
9. Care / Mulchrone / Lewis
10. Catrakilis / Swiel / Jackson
11. Visser / Alofa
12. Roberts / Sloan
13. Marchant / Lowe / Stanley
14. Yarde / Walker
15. Brown / Morris / J. Chisholm

*Ward is almost exclusively used at 7 these days.

Reddish barely played last season and is rumoured to be retiring now ...

No-one seems to know what's happening with Lowe and Sloan's injuries so centre is presumably top priority.

We've been linked with Frankie Saili (yes please) and Napolioni Nalaga (meh) but still need reinforcements at hooker, lock and in the centre. Ideally, I'd like another 7 too.

I assume Mikalcius will come back from Hartpury after ripping it up there. Aspland-Robinson and Ibitoye can't be far off being promoted either.

That leicester midfield still looks bare. Also based on last seasons form, I'd have kept Burns over Ford.

Bath's squad looking like this:
Bath Squad.jpg
Though Todd has said he's still looking at 6-7 players (including a hard-running centre) we don't know if this includes players who are out of contract but we've heard nothing about (Grant was in this position until Wednesday).

To me, that still looks light on quality at THP and SH (after the starters that is), and light on numbers at THL and centre - though we have to remember that Garvey and Ellis can play lock perfectly well, and Priestland, Banahan, Brew, Williams and Wilson can all play centre perfectly well

Quins as it stands ...

1. Marler / Lambert / Boyce / Holenstein
2. Buchanan / Gray
3. Sinckler / Collier / Swainston / McNulty / A. Jones
4. Horwill / Twomey (Reddish?)
5. Merrick / Matthews
6. Robshaw / J. Chisholm
7. Wallace / Ward* / Hodson
8. Clifford / Luamanu / Bothma
9. Care / Mulchrone / Lewis
10. Catrakilis / Swiel / Jackson
11. Visser / Alofa
12. Roberts / Sloan
13. Marchant / Lowe / Stanley
14. Yarde / Walker
15. Brown / Morris / J. Chisholm

*Ward is almost exclusively used at 7 these days.

Reddish barely played last season and is rumoured to be retiring now ...

No-one seems to know what's happening with Lowe and Sloan's injuries so centre is presumably top priority.

We've been linked with Frankie Saili (yes please) and Napolioni Nalaga (meh) but still need reinforcements at hooker, lock and in the centre. Ideally, I'd like another 7 too.

I assume Mikalcius will come back from Hartpury after ripping it up there. Aspland-Robinson and Ibitoye can't be far off being promoted either.

We can add in Elia Elia at hooker now which is great. Bit disapointed Catrakilis will probably halt Swiel's development cause that man has wheels!. Would rather we didn't buy any playesr and brought in a competent DoR instead. I know we made Champions Cup, but I feel like the players and fans have very little faith in him..

We can add in Elia Elia at hooker now which is great. Bit disapointed Catrakilis will probably halt Swiel's development cause that man has wheels!. Would rather we didn't buy any playesr and brought in a competent DoR instead. I know we made Champions Cup, but I feel like the players and fans have very little faith in him..

Yeah - I'm tempted to agree re. Kingston. Results were OK, there were points during the season where we actually looked fairly good and we did seem a bit more consistent towards the end, but the guy is just so uninspiring ... He doesn't strike me as someone players want to play for. Too soft and insipid for me.

so tigers now going into the season currently looking like.
1) Genge, Mulipola, Rizzo,
2) Youngs, McGuigan, Thacker
3) Cole, Cilliers, Bateman
4) Barrow, Kitchener
5) Slater, Fitzgerald
6) Williams, Ryan, Croft
7) O'Conner, McCaffrey, Evans
8) Kalamafoni, Hamilton,
9) Youngs, Harrison, Kitto,
10) Ford, Ford
11) Thompstone, Holmes
12) Toomua, Smith
13) Manu, Catchpole
14) JPP, Brady
15) Veainu, Tait,

Hopefully more to come.

Needs more 12, quickly. Smith is second tier utility back and Toomua will spend time at 10 when George Ford is with England.

Nic white is coming to chiefs.
With chudley
Maunder
Townsend
And now nic white
What is the order? cos i dont want maunder and townsend to get pushed out when they could develop alot over next season.

Latest posts