• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Premiership Rugby 18/19 - Playoffs

It was Cordero vs Hogg, apparently

I'd have taken Cordero, tbh.

Price difference vs Talent difference isn't enough, imo. Plus I think Hogg is a twat.

It was Cordero vs Hogg, apparently

I'd have taken Cordero, tbh.

Price difference vs Talent difference isn't enough, imo. Plus I think Hogg is a twat.

Plus the fact Cordero is available 52 wks/year .

Baxters got decisions to be made regarding back 3 next week, but ,for me, Cordero has to start ,if fit. O'flaherty probably edges Cuthbert and Woodburn on yesterdays performance.

Cordero hasnt played and may not be match fit id have him in that 23 shirt to come on against tired legs, keep the same bench other than that because that is a very strong bench.

Cordero vs hogg cordero wins on talant, availability and time with the club.
Hogg wins with most chief like hair... pick him.

Haha - very true scotty!

I'd also have gone for Cordero. I think Hogg is a better player, but not by that much and I'd argue that the availability and relative pay difference cancels that out.

I really rate Cordero and I'd say the in attack he's on par or better than Hogg, but I'm every other aspect of the game Hogg puts him to shame. It gets brushed over a lot because of how talented he is, but Cordero's tackling is woeful and his kicking game doesn't hold a candle to Hogg's. Hogg's hands are better too.

I'd have loved to keep Cordero but Hogg is a good replacement. It's all well and good saying that Cordero's available all year but it's that mentality that's prevented Chiefs from getting anywhere in Europe. It's all well and good having a deep squad with players that will be with you all year round to top the Prem, but when it comes to European rugby and the Prem final, we just don't have the fire power to match Sarries, Leinster or some of the French clubs. I think signing a player of Hogg's caliber is a move in the right direction for the club.

Funnily enough, I was just talking about Exeter's squad being a bit bloated on another forum. I forget the actual numbers, but IIRC, it was nearly 50 and a good chunk of those rarely play in the Premiership.

Street, Keast, Capstick and Caulfield look like they could break through as Lonsdale has done this season, but there are quite a few players in the squad who don't look like they'll be more than A League players.

Baxter typically makes good signings. Cutting some of the fat would surely free up the cap space they need to add an extra injection of quality.

Pretty much unchanged sides all round, Chiefs have a strong bench so if its close at 50 min id gove advantafe to chiefs but ssrries could run away with it early on. Sarries favorites still but i cant wait! Everyone is very quiet.

I think Sarries are favourites, but I'd back Chiefs to run them relatively close.

As you said, the Chiefs' bench is potentially stronger (it definitely is in the front row), which could be a factor if they can stay close enough to Sarries.

Feeling a little apprehensive about what could potentially happen if Sarries start well. Got a feeling Chiefs will be a little more pragmatic than of late and kick any penalties instead of going for the corner. Very strong and dynamic bench could make the difference second half ,IF they are close. My head says sarries by 12. I just hope Chiefs dont collapse and make a good game of it.

Its Sarries if Barritt's fit enough to go deep into the game and the starting front row can avoid injury.

Their back 5 is just horrible and won't get a lot cuddlier when Isiekwe and Rhodes come on. If Itoje goes well at 6 again you just know I'll be banging that drum :).

Oh god not again ... Can you please explain why you're 'banging that drum' when we've got the most balanced back row we've had in a long time and can still play Maro with Kruis - an established and highly effective partnership?

"A man transformed" seems to be the line a lot of people/pundits are going for with Kvesic... that should be read as "I can't actually recognise a good player unless they play for a really good team".

Latest posts