• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Premiership Rugby 23/24 - Round 13

Shillcock kicking :((((((((

can't the donkey loving Gloucester players and their fans

Season over

Last edited:
Mercer was outstanding. Usual excellent ball in hand stuff plus working really hard in defence and being used as a front jumper. You can understand why he's hacked off that he's never had a proper chance with England.

Yeah, his Dad's a kiwi - imagine he'll go back to France as soon as he can but a year or two in Super Rugby to see where he'd stand with the ABs would be a good move

He's just too good for his international career to be 86 minutes long and over before he turned 21

Saracens Men team to play Harlequins:

1 Mako Vunipola

2 Theo Dan

3 Christian Judge

4 Theo McFarland

5 Hugh Tizard

6 Juan Martin Gonzalez

7 Ben Earl

8 Billy Vunipola

9 Ivan van Zyl

10 Owen Farrell (c)

11 Alex Lewington

12 Nick Tompkins

13 Lucio Cinti

14 Rotimi Segun

15 Elliot Daly

Replacements:

16 Jamie George

17 Eroni Mawi

18 Marco Riccioni

19 Nick Isiekwe

20 Tom Willis

21 Andy Christie

22 Gareth Simpson

23 Alex Goode

Quins team:
View attachment 19397

Being shown on ITV at 3.05pm

Nice to see Willis, T on the bench.
Should be a descent games, will be making the trip shortly went to the same fixture last season tickets prices very reasonable.

Yeah, his Dad's a kiwi - imagine he'll go back to France as soon as he can but a year or two in Super Rugby to see where he'd stand with the ABs would be a good move

He's just too good for his international career to be 86 minutes long and over before he turned 21
I don't like players switching nations but really feel he was lied and sold a dream by England coaches and he would thrive with the AB's imo

Taking Billy Vunipola to the RWC ahead of Mercer (or Dombrandt) was mental, but I don't think Borthwick has lied to him. His move to Gloucester was already confirmed prior to Eddie leaving. If anyone lied or 'sold a dream' it was Eddie.

I agree Mercer is too good for an 86min international career. However, I still maintain that at the point the 6N squad was selected, Dombrandt and/or Barbeary were more deserving of selection. He should probably have been selected over CCS, but as it worked out, that was a good call from Borthwick.

If Mercer keeps up this form, he will be putting himself in contention for the summer tour. Earl has probably done him a favour by showing an 8 with a 'looser' style is actually much better than asking players our 8s to run in to brick walls. Still - the competition will be stiff with Dombrandt, Barbeary, CCS and Tom Willis all likely to make a pretty compelling case for selection.

Taking Billy Vunipola to the RWC ahead of Mercer (or Dombrandt) was mental, but I don't think Borthwick has lied to him. His move to Gloucester was already confirmed prior to Eddie leaving. If anyone lied or 'sold a dream' it was Eddie.

I agree Mercer is too good for an 86min international career. However, I still maintain that at the point the 6N squad was selected, Dombrandt and/or Barbeary were more deserving of selection. He should probably have been selected over CCS, but as it worked out, that was a good call from Borthwick.

If Mercer keeps up this form, he will be putting himself in contention for the summer tour. Earl has probably done him a favour by showing an 8 with a 'looser' style is actually much better than asking players our 8s to run in to brick walls. Still - the competition will be stiff with Dombrandt, Barbeary, CCS and Tom Willis all likely to make a pretty compelling case for selection.

Eddie was who I had in mind when I said that.
Although I also think Borthwick as Eddie's forward coach didn't rate him then either

Tough to say that Eddie lied to him.
After talking him into returning to England, Eddie never had the opportunity to pick him or not.

Unless Eddie lied about expecting to be coach through the world cup, before he was fired.

Hope you had a good time anyway and have a safe trip back (and night out if you're having one?).

Get in Glaws as well, pleased with that one.
Cheers. Had a lovely time at Ashton gate and got home at 11:50 safe and sound. The drive back was a slog with most of the motorway at 50 (what the hell is that about).

Enjoyed the away fans and the strong Saints contingent that travelled.

Yeah Dombrandt was deserving of his recall (though with how little he was used I question whether he should still be there next EPS) - Mercer should've been, and still should be, ahead of CCS though

I doubt Mercer makes any EPS squads moving forwards though, tbh - I reckon Barbeary gets the nod for the summer tour

Had completely forgotten about Tom Willis while he's been out injured - wonder if he might come into contention at 6 (another 6 who doesn't play there for his club!)

Yeah Dombrandt was deserving of his recall (though with how little he was used I question whether he should still be there next EPS) - Mercer should've been, and still should be, ahead of CCS though

I doubt Mercer makes any EPS squads moving forwards though, tbh - I reckon Barbeary gets the nod for the summer tour

Had completely forgotten about Tom Willis while he's been out injured - wonder if he might come into contention at 6 (another 6 who doesn't play there for his club!)
Maybe. Although CCS was arguably the discovery of the 6N so it worked out pretty well.

I disagree with that tbh, he did as well as expected (maybe a bit better after his poor u20s campaign) but everything he did was massively over hyped by the press/social media. He was good, don't get me wrong, but I think his energy overshadowed his inaccuracy

Still a very good prospect for the future but if I'm picking a 23 there's no way I'd pick him ahead of Mercer