• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Premiership Rugby 23/24 - Round 13

If you started Chessum at 6, imagine 60 minutes into a game, brining on CCS at 6 and Mercer at 8 (move Earl to 7).

That would be an all action back row for teams to really worry about.

To say CCS was the discovery of the comp for England when he averaged 19 minutes a game is kinda pushing it I feel

He was very good don't get me wrong, but that shirt is still very wide open.

He definitely would have got more minutes had he not been injured and I think the impact he made from the bench was significant in every game he played in. I don't know if we could have asked much more from him TBH?

Feyi-Waboso was the discovery of the competition, but definitely came in with more hype/expectation and got a full game to show what he could do. CCS was more of a pleasant surprise IMO.

Surely, Freeman was the discovery.
Many more minutes, at least as impressive.

To the point where I wonder if people are forging that he made his debut in February

Last edited:
Surely, Freeman was the discovery.
Many more minutes, at least as impressive.

To the point where I wonder if people are forging that he made his debut in February
People are not forgetting because he didn't get his debut in February
He had played 3 games under Eddie jones by then he had actually a decent amount of game time under Eddie

People are not forgetting because he didn't get his debut in February
He had played 3 games under Eddie jones by then he had actually a decent amount of game time under Eddie
I thought that he must have (don't think I realised he had 3 caps though) - checked on all.rugby, and obviously screwed up my search.

My fault entirely.

At 3 caps, I'd still call him a discovery, but put my hands up to my mistake.

It does at age grade level
It really doesn't once you get to senior unless you wanna be a utility player

I think it does, but only to a degree, and mostly in certain circumstances.

I think that Marcus, for example, will become a better player for having a few matches at FB - so long as the doesn't spent too much time there to confuse his FH instincts.
I say that because his principal weaknessyhave been vision for space much wider than where he is, and his game management over multiple phases. FB is a really good position to be spotting that, but he then needs to bring that learning to the FH role by playing FH.

I also think Daly improved by playing wing, but not FB (and I deed, layed his best rugby on the wing, where he was at least international class for a bit - I like FB or OC).

There's no doubt that Foden improved by playing FB, at Bath Sam Harris is getting better by playing FB. Plenty of locks playing 6 (and vice versa) etc etc.

It does at age grade level
It really doesn't once you get to senior unless you wanna be a utility player
I agree with the age level thing up to a point. My mate has a 10 year old son who played junior rugby and he says all the kids got fed up because the ones built like props were having to play on the wing, whilst the ones built like backs were having to play in the front row. His son gave up rugby because he wasn't enjoying it.

Falcons were in the lead at that point as well, think diamond might actually chin him at half time