• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Premiership Rugby 23/24 - Round 13

Must say, despite Quins being utter ****, Sarries support is incredibly... Lacklustre.

I was sitting amongst almost solely sarries fans and it was just not a good atmosphere at all.

I really hope this isn't going to be it for the season without Flannery

So dont have prtv but seen that skinner missed 3 conversions, then on the 4th hodge kicks and gets it, why do we let Skinner kick? He's a gpod prem player but i think we need someone else.

Happy with a bp win so cant complain.

Skinner's kick were from ~touchline and into strong wind but your case still stands. I really hope Rob has a plan for 10 because, while I love ****ly Skinner, I don't think he is a commanding fly half. Joe? Joe? Are you listening? Would you take a pay cut and come back from Pau?

Skinner's kick were from ~touchline and into strong wind but your case still stands. I really hope Rob has a plan for 10 because, while I love ****ly Skinner, I don't think he is a commanding fly half. Joe? Joe? Are you listening? Would you take a pay cut and come back from Pau?
Fair enough but he is so bad we have Slade kicking most of the time and he is decent at best, few great kicks but many misses.

Skinner doesnt really offer anything special and ismt commanding i agree.

Was it a good game today?

Fair enough but he is so bad we have Slade kicking most of the time and he is decent at best, few great kicks but many misses.

Skinner doesnt really offer anything special and ismt commanding i agree.

Was it a good game today?

No, scrappy set piece to set piece in some wind and awful driving rain at times. A win is a win but I'm glad we weren't playing anyone else today. Will Rigg looks he might have been a brilliant signing (as ever)

Wow what a game 🤯

I was expecting a tighter game, especially after the thrashing at the Stoop and post-6N, but you got the distinct impression that Quins were resigned to getting pummeled as soon as the game kicked off. No fight, static in what little attack they attempted, lack of coordination, huge gaps in defence... The number of critical tackles missed by the try line was outrageous, almost as if the Quins players had developed a tackle phobia.

Quintessentially, Quins turned up to the Showdown as spectators rather than participants.

As for Sarries 🥳🥳🥳🥳 heading into the business end of the season, the guys needed to lay down a marker of intent, and they did so in spades. Pace, creativity, awareness, hunger, throughout the team. Farrell was superb as the conductor, but Daly really stood above everyone yesterday. He might not be the quickest on the pitch these days, but he has compensated got that with fine tuning his ability to find gaps and make the right pass at the right time. Also good in defence and under the high ball, I'm not sure he actually made a single error on the pitch. Earl and Dan were also class.

If there was anything disappointing, it was to allow Quins to get any points on the board. Also I'd like to see Quins make the playoffs just so we can play them again this season 😉

Also amazing for Farrell to have the delightful honour yesterday of securing the ***le as the player to have scored the most points against any club, even better that it's against Quins.

Sarries support is incredibly... Lacklustre.

I was sitting amongst almost solely sarries fans and it was just not a good atmosphere at all.
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 Come off it, no need to lie. It was a great atmosphere. Rugby needs more games like this.

On another note, the bizarre situation where Lewies avoided seeing at a minimum a yellow for a no arms off-the-ball hit on Farrell not only needs reviewing, but so does the TMO communations saying that no action can be taken because Austin raised it on TV commentary... Just really peculiar way to officiate.

Comically the gap created by the stupid hit allowed for an easy walk-in try. Brain dead.

Everyone knew that they could listen to the commentry you can just tell how many times the TMO picked up something right after a pundit mentions it.

But to have it so mentioned like that really highlights the outside sway on the TMO.

Sums up the amateur state rugby is in

Come off it, no need to lie. It was a great atmosphere. Rugby needs more games like this.
I really don't think it was fantastic for what it was.

Sarries put on a great show, and it is an amazing stadium, but it really wasn't a booming atmosphere imo. I genuinely heard "saaaarriiiieeeesss" chanted about twice and that was it

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 Come off it, no need to lie. It was a great atmosphere. Rugby needs more games like this.

On another note, the bizarre situation where Lewies avoided seeing at a minimum a yellow for a no arms off-the-ball hit on Farrell not only needs reviewing, but so does the TMO communations saying that no action can be taken because Austin raised it on TV commentary... Just really peculiar way to officiate.

Comically the gap created by the stupid hit allowed for an easy walk-in try. Brain dead.

Yep. Very odd. If it's an offence, it's an offence. I don't see why it matters if the commentator picks it up first? Lewies already had a yellow so would have been off.

Not a good look for the club captain. A real lack of leadership yesterday and a total lack of discipline.

WTAF?

If it's an offence, it's an offence. I don't see why it matters if the commentator picks it up first?
Bias, intentional or otherwise.

You could rinse a team off the park. You could chose to ignore an offense by your favoured side. You could focus on an individual.

This actually happens anyway but it needs to be reduced as much as possible. Reform probably needed at this stage. As an aside one of my favourite games of recent years was the Bristol v B*th derby with no TMO, felt different. Definitely edgier also.

Yup, it's forward, but if yesterday is the new normal that "Austin isn't the ref" then....

I dunno, still more important to get things right