• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Premiership Rugby 23/24 - Round 18

This is a huge weekend of rugby. Thereis something riding on every single game for 1 or both teams.

I think home wins bar Chiefs and Saints. Saints wont rest to many as they will wont to finish top and have a week rest before the SF. Bath getting zero from it would be crazy.

I really wish i wasnt working this weekend.

Chiefs making top 4 seemed unthinkable at the start of this season given how many big names left and ypung players stepped up. Even if we dont make it its been a very positive season.

This is a huge weekend of rugby. Thereis something riding on every single game for 1 or both teams.

I think home wins bar Chiefs and Saints. Saints wont rest to many as they will wont to finish top and have a week rest before the SF. Bath getting zero from it would be crazy.

I really wish i wasnt working this weekend.

Chiefs making top 4 seemed unthinkable at the start of this season given how many big names left and ypung players stepped up. Even if we dont make it its been a very positive season.
Think Chiefs will win Leicester's record over the last 7 games is poor. Saracens home record is still very good and probably to much for Sale.
Not sure on Saints hope they put out a decent team to take the number 1 spot.

Not sure on Saints hope they put out a decent team to take the number 1 spot.
It'll depend on what little niggles, and fatigue you're carrying.
You've got the home SF guaranteed, so you don't NEED to go all-out, on the other hand, you (and everyone else) have a week off before the SF, so there's you don't NEED to rest and risk losing match sharpness (mitigated by only being 2 weeks, and then a home SF - as opposed to Wasps not wanting to finish top back in the day, ahead of a 1-off match on neutral turf)

I feel the only team that Saints would be worried about in the semi final will be Sarries.
I don't see Sarries resting anyone v Sale, and therefore I suspect they will wrap up at least 2nd.
Bath I can see beating a Saints but Saints getting a LBP and TBP securing top

My prediction is
1. Saints
2. Sarries
3. Bath
4. Exeter

Tigers playing for pride and leavers at home is not to be taken lightly. I think it's going to be real bunfight and I've just clocked that Dickson is reffing and I'm absolutely not saying that his old team
Quins need us to lose. I'm not saying that. Stop thinking it.

Attachments

• IMG_3786.jpeg
    IMG_3786.jpeg
    251.4 KB · Views: 6
Tigers playing for pride and leavers at home is not to be taken lightly. I think it's going to be real bunfight and I've just clocked that Dickson is reffing and I'm absolutely not saying that his old team
Quins need us to lose. I'm not saying that. Stop thinking it.
Dunno, maybe it's as simple as fitness and players struggling at the end of the season, but it feels like Tigers are just missing that edge which has seen them drop out of contention for the playoffs.

Both teams need a win. Falcons won't want a winless season and Gloucester won't want to be going in to their two finals off the back of a 0-90 drubbing and as the only team to lose to the Falcons.

Skiv is gone if they lose their next two matches, right?
He won't be, but tbh I think he probably should be.

Not sure what is being built, or what direction they are moving in. Second from bottom two years in a row, whilst not showing any real project (as far as I can see), isn't good enough.

Of course, now I've said that, they'll be top 4 next year lol

Sale Sharks Starting XV:
15. Joe Carpenter, 14. Tom Roebuck, 13. Rob du Preez, 12. Manu Tuilagi, 11. Tom O'Flaherty, 10. George Ford, 9. Gus Warr, 1. Bevan Rodd, 2. Luke Cowan-Dickie, 3. James Harper, 4. Cobus Wiese, 5. Hyron Andrews, 6. Ben Curry ©, 7. Sam Dugdale, 8. JL du Preez.

Replacements:
16. Tommy Taylor, 17. Si McIntyre, 18. WillGriff John, 19. Ben Bamber, 20. Ernst van Rhyn, 21. Raffi Quirke, 22. Sam James, 23. Arron Reed.

No surprises there - bit nervy about LCD starting as the lineout cost us the final last year and he's been really poor there since the 6N and Saracens were picking off Bristol's lineout for fun last week

IMG_4904.jpeg

Quite a few players rested. Will be interesting to see how they match up but can't see us getting 5 points out of this now.

Exeter Chiefs:
15 Dan John
14 Immanuel Feyi-Waboso
13 Henry Slade
12 Joe Hawkins
11 Olly Woodburn
10 Harvey Skinner
9 Tom Cairns

1 Scott Sio
2 Max Norey
3 Marcus Street
4 Jack Dunne