• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Preview movie of my new website for you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

locksley

Ok Fellas

I'm almost, almost done with my Rugby Gaming website, just a few more tweaks and adjustments before I finish it!

However, just to get you in the mood, I've created a short movie to whet your appetite!
<
you can download it Here

By the way, I hope you like the song. I wrote it, played it and sung it
<
Let us know what you think!!

Cheers

Locksley

Nice song
<
multi-talented you are (now i'm starting to talk like yoda
<
)

Originally posted by Wally@Oct 6 2004, 10:46 PM
I like the song mate, are you in a band?
Yes! I do play in a band now and again! I play Bass mainly, but also play guitar too!

The song on the vid was written by me in about 20 minutes! I have a small studio at home where I record all the stuff myself! I've got quite a few songs written now, but I've never got around to recording them! Maybe I should!

Anyway, thanks for the kind words, and I'm glad you liked it!

Cheers

Locksley

Nice work - looking forward to what might be on it........

To be honest i was more interested in the song than the rugby footage as ya know we've all seen it before. I thought the song was average but considering the size of the production it was very good. The lyrics were very well put together, fitting what it was put with and i was very impressed with that. Probably the best part. I thought the music was alright and had its moments (i realise its only a 1 minute piece). I like it how it had that stop early on (15 secs). It was a nice intro. And how the drums and bass come in about 21 secs in was done well. I just thought the song really died after the 40 sec mark, where you carried the words out and the guitarist just kept with the same chord with not enough variation. It really didnt sound very good and sorta felt that it killed it. It just softened up to much.

But as ya said you wrote it in 20 mins and its just a small band. So factors considered its a good piece. And hell i couldnt do any better if i took a while writing something (i cant actually play). Is that song going to be used in the DVD and is it gonna be extended (Say about 2mins 25sec - 50sec). And will it be all your guys music on the DVD? And what direction and influence is your band going for? Or was that piece a good reflection of it?
As you can see this has got me interested.

Just watching that, have any of you guys noticed that JLR's playing turf looks the most realisic? all the new games look as though they are played on fake grass (astroturf). Is it just me or do you guys see it too?

Oh and nice one locksley! Very profesional!

Originally posted by Serge@Oct 7 2004, 12:01 PM
To be honest i was more interested in the song than the rugby footage as ya know we've all seen it before. I thought the song was average but considering the size of the production it was very good. The lyrics were very well put together, fitting what it was put with and i was very impressed with that. Probably the best part. I thought the music was alright and had its moments (i realise its only a 1 minute piece). I like it how it had that stop early on (15 secs). It was a nice intro. And how the drums and bass come in about 21 secs in was done well. I just thought the song really died after the 40 sec mark, where you carried the words out and the guitarist just kept with the same chord with not enough variation. It really didnt sound very good and sorta felt that it killed it. It just softened up to much.

But as ya said you wrote it in 20 mins and its just a small band. So factors considered its a good piece. And hell i couldnt do any better if i took a while writing something (i cant actually play). Is that song going to be used in the DVD and is it gonna be extended (Say about 2mins 25sec - 50sec). And will it be all your guys music on the DVD? And what direction and influence is your band going for? Or was that piece a good reflection of it?
Those are valid points regarding the song, but it wasn't my band that did it, it was just me! I played everything, and sang!

The thing is, after talking to a few people who make music for games etc, they all said the same thing.... keep it simple! If the music is being used to compliment the action on screen, don't over-complicate the music as it could detract from the on screen action! This is the reason why I didn't put any searing guitar solos, over the top bass lines etc in!

And Yes, there is a full version on the song and it will be on the DVD!

As for my Group and the direction it's going in, well, we play the odd gigs here and there around the UK! Nowhere near as many as we used to do, or we'd like to, due to the fact that we've got wives/kids/mortgages/jobs etc! I only write stuff in my spare time now, but when we do get together and play, it's one of the the best feelings in the world!

Thanks for your thoughts, they're really appreciated, and can only help me strive to make better things!

Cheers

Locksley

Originally posted by jinxed_nz@Oct 7 2004, 05:29 PM
Just watching that, have any of you guys noticed that JLR's playing turf looks the most realisic? all the new games look as though they are played on fake grass (astroturf). Is it just me or do you guys see it too?
I have to admit, WCR does have a very fake looking pitch. That clip makes me want to play the game.

Originally posted by locksley+Oct 7 2004, 08:39 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (locksley @ Oct 7 2004, 08:39 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Serge
@Oct 7 2004, 12:01 PM

Those are valid points regarding the song, but it wasn't my band that did it, it was just me! I played everything, and sang!

The thing is, after talking to a few people who make music for games etc, they all said the same thing.... keep it simple! If the music is being used to compliment the action on screen, don't over-complicate the music as it could detract from the on screen action! This is the reason why I didn't put any searing guitar solos, over the top bass lines etc in!

And Yes, there is a full version on the song and it will be on the DVD!

Thanks for your thoughts, they're really appreciated, and can only help me strive to make better things!

Cheers

Locksley [/b]
Yeah you've defiantely got talent kid. I'm writing a song myself for a school assignment which I have to record in like one week. Could I have a copy of the lyrics? I like your voice as well, it's similar to mine but perhaps a bit higher.

Originally posted by Wally@Oct 7 2004, 09:20 PM
I'm writing a song myself for a school assignment which I have to record in like one week.
Damn, so do I.
It's harder than you'd think
<

well top stuff mate if thats an individual effort. I hear what your saying about not wanting to detract from the main attraction.

The things that some people will do for a website
<

Very good mate, Well done
clap2.gif
punk.gif

Originally posted by loratadine@Oct 8 2005, 08:34 AM
any news on the website
Jeez someone's been trowling through the archives, why did you have to dig this up?

He canned that website yonks ago - can't ya see it says October 2004...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts