• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Prison Break

First night I got the first series, I watched from 9pm - 2:30am. I had planned to stop at 12, but there would always be a cliffhanger at the end and I just had to keep watching.

I ended up cheating and getting the first series off a mate. The action is so intense. So many twists and so much stuff goes wrong. Loving it.
[/b]

It's not cheating, its catching up :)

I'm getting ep3 now..

I mean, how can a programme NOT get old and boring?

Even Only Fools & Horses got drawn out with the new episodes. It was like a total lack of respect for their own genious creation.

PB doesn't get my blood pumping, same as Lost and not to mention 24...the ad's for it are bad enough.

Everyone has their own tastes but there has to be a point where the end is made but on more occasions than not...its drawn out and given the show a bad name.

well I am watching season 1 ep by ep each wednesday on tv3 and it's getting quite good now. next week looks very interesting and a definte change in the way the story goes from now on.

Can easily say IMO there isn't a bad ep in the whole 1st series, and series 2 so far as well :)

Very hard to make an awesome drama/action series. You have to have a continual story where the regular viewers feel they are going somewhere eventually, characters that make you want to see them all the time.....dialogue that keeps you intrigued...a good plot for every episode....

....but most important of all, a good series needs to have every episode set out in a structured way where anyone who has missed episodes or anyone who is watching for the first time can immediately identify with what is going on and join on the train ride.

Prison Break, Lost, and to some degree even 24 do not cater for the casual or late joining viewer. If you are not intently involved you can quickly switch off. This is in stark contrast to other past programmes such as the various Star Trek series, all the CSI series, and many Lawyer/Police/Detective series where even a new person to the show can quickly get the gist of what the plot of each episode is about and which characters relate to which and in what way.

Very hard to make an awesome drama/action series. You have to have a continual story where the regular viewers feel they are going somewhere eventually, characters that make you want to see them all the time.....dialogue that keeps you intrigued...a good plot for every episode....

....but most important of all, a good series needs to have every episode set out in a structured way where anyone who has missed episodes or anyone who is watching for the first time can immediately identify with what is going on and join on the train ride.

Prison Break, Lost, and to some degree even 24 do not cater for the casual or late joining viewer. If you are not intently involved you can quickly switch off. This is in stark contrast to other past programmes such as the various Star Trek series, all the CSI series, and many Lawyer/Police/Detective series where even a new person to the show can quickly get the gist of what the plot of each episode is about and which characters relate to which and in what way.
[/b]
Probably due to there being a new/different case etc each episode, a separate story each week (where it's mainly just the characters that develop week to week), whereas those 3 programmes are specifically one storyline that grows and develops, in a way you get rewarded for watching all the way through.

Is a shame for those that miss it in the beginning (ie me with 24) but then that's where the beauty of DVDs and the internet come in...

Just watched the first 2 episodes of Season 2 and I thought they were fantastic, starting off where they left off, high quality everytime...

Just watched the first 2 episodes of Season 2 and I thought they were fantastic, starting off where they left off, high quality everytime...
[/b]

Watch number 3, was by far the best so far IMO (of season 2 that is)

Even Only Fools & Horses got drawn out with the new episodes. It was like a total lack of respect for their own genious creation.

PB doesn't get my blood pumping, same as Lost and not to mention 24...the ad's for it are bad enough.

Everyone has their own tastes but there has to be a point where the end is made but on more occasions than not...its drawn out and given the show a bad name.
[/b]

Than don't watch it and stop *****ing.

Just watched Episode 4 and that was better than episode 3, so the trend is looking good at the mo...

<div class='quotemain'>

[/b]

Than don't watch it and stop *****ing.
[/b][/quote]

Whats up? Don't like being proven wrong?

And i've been proven wrong how? Because some wrist cutter tells me its bad, than it must be?

He does have a good point that its not good for the casaul watcher. As you do need to see it from the start ish. Although if it doesn't get your blood pumping you must be a reptile. Most episodes have been so intense and exciting.

It hasn't been drawn out at all yet. As if everything would go to plan, makes it more realistic. The only thing that seems lame is that Scofield has a backup plan already set for almost everything.

I'm getting Ep 5 now. :D

but at the end of the day some programs suit some people and others for others, so really a matter of personal choice...

I love it to tell you the truth but I got hooked to 24 and then someone mentioned prison break and was hooked to that...

Never got into lost...

Neither did I... Is it true that it invovles Aliens... thats the impression I got from one of the ads.

And apparently Haywires back for Episode 6 of Prison Break... and of course Schofeild has a backup plan, not much point of doing what their doing if you don't plan ahead.

Latest posts