• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Proposals to restructure the Champ's and Challenge cups

Maybe what England should do is whack all their test players in just 2/3 teams and then give all the best ones 2 weeks rest before a big game. Then it'd be an even playing field.

Artist's impression of the PRL's view of a level playing field...

Level Playing Field af.png

Yeah, those dastardly English and French clubs completely changed the Champions Cup. I mean...they called it a different name and everything...and reduced it by a couple of teams...and said the top Pro12/14 teams should have to do something in their league to qualify. Truly Machiavellian.

Maybe what England should do is whack all their test players in just 2/3 teams and then give all the best ones 2 weeks rest before a big game. Then it'd be an even playing field.
Oh dear are we not done with this tired old argument from 2010 yet? Whack them in? Yes academys nurturing talent from a young age is whacking them in, and woe on us for having an actually sustainable number of competitive teams. If we're going down this route maybe maybe England should make your playing numbers of over 2 million show in their domestic teams. You poor chicks must be struggling to field a team every weekend with such small numbers.
Also, show me the rested teams please. I'd absolutely love to see the weakened teams we've fielded in the Pro 14 in the last two years outside of international windows because it means we have insane depth I haven't even comprehended yet.

Yeah, those dastardly English and French clubs completely changed the Champions Cup. I mean...they called it a different name and everything...and reduced it by a couple of teams...and said the top Pro12/14 teams should have to do something in their league to qualify. Truly Machiavellian.
Complaining of the pro 14 resting players and then pointing out that they do in fact have to qualify in the new competition format.... OK.

Just shows how much you follow English rugby, tbh.
Saints have been dire for a while. They've managed to pull a few results out of the bag but have been **** for the most part.
It's easy to point to specific results and say X or Y league is better. Sale have been **** this season but nilled Cardiff who are about mid table when you combine the retarded conference system pro14 are doing these days.

Yep think Saints have lost like 7/8 games in a row at the top level.

Yeah Saints suck. Was still surprised that Ospreys sucked a bit less. Two historically good teams floundering at a historical low this year. I don't really wanna play a game of my dad could beat up your dad with the teams, but I hadn't realised how dire Northampton were. Shan't complain of course.

He wouldn't fit all those big wages in to 2 or 3 teams

You should definitely do that. Beats trying to handicap the Pro 14 to bring it down to your level.

I'd like to see European comps in a block from groups right through to the final. First the domestic leagues reduce leagues to 10 teams playing from September through 18 weeks to mid January, followed by 9 weeks back to back European weekends, with domestic cup matches alongside for non European qualified sides, at this point club rugby is finished for the season leaving an April and May 6N, a month for any June Internationals followed by 2 months for rest/rehab and pre-season.

Oh dear are we not done with this tired old argument from 2010 yet? Whack them in? Yes academys nurturing talent from a young age is whacking them in, and woe on us for having an actually sustainable number of competitive teams. If we're going down this route maybe maybe England should make your playing numbers of over 2 million show in their domestic teams. You poor chicks must be struggling to field a team every weekend with such small numbers.
Also, show me the rested teams please. I'd absolutely love to see the weakened teams we've fielded in the Pro 14 in the last two years outside of international windows because it means we have insane depth I haven't even comprehended yet.
Perhaps England should split into 4 regions and join a British and Irish league

Aye, I could think of a few names for them all right. :D
Oh, that one's easy; especially if I deliberately miss your point.
Wessex (Bath, Exeter; Bristol, CPirates, Jersey) AKA Southern Ponces
West Mercia (Gloucester, Worcester, Wasps; Hartbury) AKA Brum Scum
East Mercia (Northampton, Leicester; Bedford, Nottingham) AKA Inbreds
Northumbria (Sale, Newcastle; Leedshire, Doncaster, Rotherham) AKA Northern Twats
London (Harlequins, Saracens, LIrish; Ealing, Richmond, LScottish) AKA Cockney Bastards

I sense a hint of sarcasm Commando.

I would like to see financial fair play though in all seriousness.
No sarcasm intended, I just agree (for once) Rugby League have it right with the salary cap, otherwise we end up with sides such as the Tommy Cooper lot echoing certain soccer clubs, ie Chelsea, Manchester City and United, Real Madrid, PSG buying trophies. Don't know about you but I'd rather win a trophy than buy it

Last edited:
All I know is it would suit us down to the ground :D
Well would it? Average salary in PRL rugby is alot higher than Pro14. I think there was £25k nearly in difference.
Also I think only Sexton
All I know is it would suit us down to the ground :D
But you do know financial fair play would cripple most PRL teams if their budgets compared with Irish teams. 1 benefit is there is so little choice here so basically kids stay cheap or don't get chance.
Like you make jokes on Central Contracts but not sure you understand them fully. It doesn't mean they are gigantic pay more how control over the player is done

Latest posts