• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Proposals to restructure the Champ's and Challenge cups

Well would it? Average salary in PRL rugby is alot higher than Pro14. I think there was £25k nearly in difference.
Also I think only Sexton

But you do know financial fair play would cripple most PRL teams if their budgets compared with Irish teams. 1 benefit is there is so little choice here so basically kids stay cheap or don't get chance.
Like you make jokes on Central Contracts but not sure you understand them fully. It doesn't mean they are gigantic pay more how control over the player is done

By 'us' I mean Tigers.

By 'us' I mean Tigers.
Yes I know. Tigers budgets is huge compared to Irish clubs. So you can imagine the comparison of A Toulon or Saracens budget vs us. Also it shows how good a job Irish Rugby has done holding on to its players ith long term incentives more than short7

What would people think about having the Champions Cup etc. on at the same time as the tests and 6 Nations?

So domestic league games never clash with international fixtures, but European ones *always* do.

What would people think about having the Champions Cup etc. on at the same time as the tests and 6 Nations?

So domestic league games never clash with international fixtures, but European ones *always* do.
....why?
You'd just kill European cup rugby.

To add to Olyy point. Marketing and Commercial areas are key. International stars drive the club game and club stars and rivalries create international game too. Dividing these would cause bigger problems than it would solve

Latest posts