• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

(Q on) conversion

SixteenSixtySix

Academy Player
Country Flag
Malaysia
Club or Nation
New Zealand
Last night's match (SEA time) Toulon V Glasgow Warrior, Toulon mostly take the conversion at the 22, but as for Glasgow they take them within the 22. My question is, a conversion can only be taken on the 22 or anywhere parallel to the spot where a try has been scored?

Last night's match (SEA time) Toulon V Glasgow Warrior, Toulon mostly take the conversion at the 22, but as for Glasgow they take them within the 22. My question is, a conversion can only be taken on the 22 or anywhere parallel to the spot where a try has been scored?

Anywhere parallel. Obviously the further back you go the wider the angle.

basically the conversion is placed where the guy scored the try about so if he scores near the touchline the conversion is placed near the touchline

A conversion kick can be taken anywhere in line with where the try was scored. How far back they go us entirely up to the kicker, as long as they stay in line with where the try was scored.

9.B.1 Taking a conversion kick
(b)The kick is taken on a line through the place where the try was scored.

A conversion kick can be taken anywhere in line with where the try was scored. How far back they go us entirely up to the kicker, as long as they stay in line with where the try was scored.
basically what i said

Latest posts