• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Quarter Final Draw

The Ospreys have more players of international quality than Munster, but that's never mattered when playing them. Obviously the Ospreys have a chance - every team does... - but a win in Munster is the biggest ask of all, and the Ospreys just aren't gelling (How many times has this been said over the past 3 years? :huh: ).

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sir. Speedy @ Jan 27 2009, 09:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
The Ospreys have more players of international quality than Munster[/b]

Made me laugh that one. Obviously your speaking through rose tinted glasses, in a haze of alcohol and drug induced bliss, from sometime in the 1970's. If not ..... then your full of shite :)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Logorrhea @ Jan 28 2009, 03:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sir. Speedy @ Jan 27 2009, 09:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Made me laugh that one. Obviously your speaking through rose tinted glasses, in a haze of alcohol and drug induced bliss, from sometime in the 1970's. If not ..... then your full of shite :)
[/b][/quote]
Speaks volumes that Wales are the best side in the NH, and most of our players are from the Ospreys...

Though I don't ever expect you to agree with me, so whatever.

I'm also happy that my comment made you laugh. Now I'll die a man content.

It's been confirmed that Cardiff Blues will play their quarter final in the Millennium Stadium. They may be cashing in big time but for me they're giving away a huge advantage.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Logorrhea @ Jan 28 2009, 03:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sir. Speedy @ Jan 27 2009, 09:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/b][/quote]

It made me laugh as well. It is kind of similar to how Gloucester work: we've got all these amazing players...who never seem to front up when it counts..

Leicester have moved their HEC quarter final to the Walkers Stadium.

Makes sense financially as the capacity would be down with the redevelopment but their record at the Walkers isn't the best with only 1 win in 3, one of them coming against Bath 3 years ago.

Toulouse, Munster, Leinster, Leicester. Toulouse by a 15+ margin, playing better than ever as they're written off by many and still feel angry because of their unexplained home loss. Then, they feel releived, the french press calls them heroes, and they play like poopoo in the semis and lose because of Poitrenault who offers five tries to the opposite team

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Prestwick @ Jan 28 2009, 06:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Logorrhea @ Jan 28 2009, 03:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/b][/quote]

It made me laugh as well. It is kind of similar to how Gloucester work: we've got all these amazing players...who never seem to front up when it counts..
[/b][/quote]
Funny that I thought you meant sarries.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (danny @ Feb 2 2009, 06:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Prestwick @ Jan 28 2009, 06:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Logorrhea @ Jan 28 2009, 03:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]
[/b][/quote]
... :rolleyes:

I'd tend to agree with our Irish contingent if they hadn't only achieved one Grand Slam ever and won anything of sodding note in the last 25 years...
How they can scoff at Welsh talent is beyond me, and claim that our teams don't win when it matters, when their national team is behind only the All Blacks as biggest chokers in rugby.

Apart from Wallace,O`Connell and BOD what real top international players do Ireland possess. Potential is one thing,realising it is another.

I think he's referring to Welsh players in a club context. Cant argue that Wales have a great team that have fulfilled their potential. To an extent.
Munster teams, usually play to and often exceed their potential.

Quins have finally decided to play their quarter final with Leinster at the Stoop.

Bad news for Leinster fans with a little over 3000 tickets available for the match obviously Twickenham would have been the ideal option and a massive money maker for Quins as well.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (cyRil of Ospreylia @ Feb 2 2009, 05:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (danny @ Feb 2 2009, 06:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Prestwick @ Jan 28 2009, 06:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]
[/b][/quote]
... :rolleyes:

I'd tend to agree with our Irish contingent if they hadn't only achieved one Grand Slam ever and won anything of sodding note in the last 25 years...
How they can scoff at Welsh talent is beyond me, and claim that our teams don't win when it matters, when their national team is behind only the All Blacks as biggest chokers in rugby.
[/b][/quote]

I thought we were talking about club rugby? Whats this got to do with the international scene?
What Irish "Contingent" are you tending to agree with? Am I the "Contingent" or is there some grander anti-Welsh conspiracy here?

My response was to the "The Ospreys have more players of international quality than Munster" post. I wasnt scoffing at Welsh talent, just a lazy comparison between one of the most successful teams in the competitions history, and an occasional quarter finalist. I could make the same comparison between Leinster and Munster but I'd be laughed off the forum (i'd laugh myself). I'd love nothing more than to see Muncter humbled at home, but come on! That post was funny.

We can debate Wales and Ireland in the 6 nations forum, where I'll happily engage in the old "Ireland are shite" (we are) and "Wales are simply the best team in the NH ever" conversation. See here for more information.

My point was that the Ospreys have the players to do it... But they just don't.

I thought that was pretty obvious, but okay.

Latest posts