• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Quarter Final Draw

that's all that counts though, doubt you'd get a bad seat though in the Millennium Stadium, although wouldn't be too keen on the north stand with its' concrete cancer.

Refs were announced today for the Quarter finals.

SATURDAY 11 APRIL
15.30 Cardiff Blues v Toulouse - Millennium Stadium - Chris White
18.00 Leicester Tigers v Bath Rugby - Walkers Stadium - Alan Lewis

SUNDAY 12 APRIL
13.00 Munster v Ospreys - Thomond Park - Wayne Barnes
15.30 Harlequins v Leinster - Twickenham Stoop - Nigel Owens

Owens isn't reffing the Munster match? Well at least the Ospreys now have some chance...
And OH MY GOD it's Chris White.

Munster won't be too thrilled to have Barnes especially as he blew them off the park in the opening Montauban match.

wouldn't have thought so, haven't they only opened half the stadium for the match?

No, will be around 30,000 mark. Still a good crowd, and hopefully we can sneak a win.

Funny reading back over this thread to the Febuary posts.

Entertaining reading.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (An Tarbh @ Apr 7 2009, 06:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
wouldn't have thought so, haven't they only opened half the stadium for the match?[/b]

think they've opened up the first and second tiers, but they have the option of opening the top tiers too if there's a high demand for tickets. I read somewhere (can't remember where sorry) that without the top tiers, there's a ticket allocation of around 36,000, with 27,000 for the Blues Fans, and 9,000 for the Toulouse fans.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DonBilly @ Apr 7 2009, 02:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (sean43 @ Apr 7 2009, 10:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No, will be around 30,000 mark. Still a good crowd, and hopefully we can sneak a win.[/b]

How many people live in Cardiff?
[/b][/quote]
Cardiff has a population of around 330,000, maybe more. A lot of fans will come from places like the Vale of Glamorgan (around 110,000 I think) too, plus there's the Pontypridd area - though a lot up there don't support the Blues because of the old Ponty - Cardiff rivalry, and the whole Celtic Warriors shut down <_<
So nowhere near as many people as teams like Stade Francais can attract. At least Cardiff don't have to contend with a Cardiff City FA Cup semi final this time. They only had the first half of last years 1/4 final on BBC Radio Wales+Cymru because of it.

I think they will most likely sell out the 36,000, or get pretty close to it, as I know a large amount of fans are buying tickets on the day. Last week Cardiff Blues say they've sold over 25,000 already.

Always a great atmosphere at the stadium though. Its going to be a great day.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (cyRil of Ospreylia @ Jan 27 2009, 01:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
We're going to get tanked. There are no two-ways about it!

*Prays he can use this as a signature quote in 3 months time*[/b]
Oh well... <_<

Latest posts