• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Heineken Champions Cup - Quarter-Finals

So they checked Faf's thing in the first half for ages and don't even look at that!?

Walked through the ruck and kicked the ball out the ruck, and that's fine apparently
Hope AJ called him something tasty for that card

Did better than expected for about an hour,

I thought we'd lose by about 20 so not shocked at the result

Yesterday Leicester, today sale, both English clubs very clearly on the wrong side of ref decisions, getting punished for everything whilst their opponents get away with murder.

Something has got to be done about the standards.

Yesterday Leicester, today sale, both English clubs very clearly on the wrong side of ref decisions, getting punished for everything whilst their opponents get away with murder.

Something has got to be done about the standards.
The English ref also gave Munster an easy ride based on these boards. Don't think there's a conspiracy here.

The English ref also gave Munster an easy ride based on these boards. Don't think there's a conspiracy here.
Not meaning to say there is conspiracy but we have 2 sides who were heading to fight but against already very good teams and then against 1 sided refs. Not even a bad for all sides type buta clearly benefiting 1 side type. The yellow for AJ after all racing had got away with was really taking the ****.

Not meaning to say there is conspiracy but we have 2 sides who were heading to fight but against already very good teams and then against 1 sided refs. Not even a bad for all sides type buta clearly benefiting 1 side type. The yellow for AJ after all racing had got away with was really taking the ****.
If you look at the teams who have been penalised the most in the competition, there's three irish sides in the top 5. Also Leinster were penalised more than Leicester yesterday, so not sure it's fair to say the ref was one-sided.

Ok fair. Yeah it was a bad weekend for refereeing (didn't see Sale or Montpellier but believe the boards) WR really needs to unify refereeing worldwide. No reason not to have quarterly conferences or whatever they need.

Ok fair. Yeah it was a bad weekend for refereeing (didn't see Sale or Montpellier but believe the boards) WR really needs to unify refereeing worldwide. No reason not to have quarterly conferences or whatever they need.
World rugby has so little control of referees though. They get tje elite guys for a couple weeks a year and the unions choose who to nominate for international matches. Champions cup has almost no influence on things.

It really comes down to the unions needing to stop coming up with their own bastardized versions of the game for whatever reasons. There's a difference between dialects and different languages.

Sadly guys find it hard to get my head round why people worry so much about decisions.
I'm 60 played sport since 8 to 50+
Part of the game is mistake.
Ref makes 1 mistake players knock on, forward pass, drop passes miss tackles et al re mistakes.
Yes I was a whistle blower for 10 yrs.
My favourite saying when they said you are a **** ref ,my reply yep you get a **** ref because you are **** players.
Players make shed loads more mistakes than refs .

Latest posts