• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Question of Sport 2

Alright then with the world cup on the horizon a famous striker holds the record for goals scored in a finals, so how many did he score and for a bonus name the player. No wikipedia!

No it's not Pele, he was never top scorer at any world cup, not even top scorer overall.

Just Fontaine with 13.

Doesnt say the year or nationality... sounds Spanish or French.

yeah that's the one, he was French btw, what else does that beer cap tell you?

It also tells me that is from a Tui Beer Bottle.

I have about 50 different beer bottle caps with various questions and answers

http://www.realbeer.co.nz/alefiles/local_n..._11_14_5809.php

A new initiative from Tui will give the boys a fresh challenge to go along with drinking their favorite beer. Under the cap of all Tui bottles and quarts will be over 700 different sporting, music, beer, entertainment and NZ general knowledge questions and answers. So next time you open a Tui test your mates on their trivia skills.

The “Under the Cap Questions†will be staggered into the market from November. By mid-December all bottles will have trivia questions under the cap.

Some examples of “Under the Cap Q&A’sâ€:

1.Is it possible to lick your own elbow? A. No

2.Coca-Cola was originally what colour? A. Green

3.The greatest recorded number of children born by one mother is? A. 69

4.What was the D-Day invasion password? A. Mickey Mouse

5.When put in the microwave grapes do what? A. Explode

6.In England, the Speaker of the House is not allowed to do what? A. Speak

7.A piece of paper can be folded in half no more than how many times? A. 7

8.In France, how old do you have to be to buy alcohol? A. 5 years old.

9.What is another name for your pinky finger? A. Wanus

10.How tall was Robert Wadlow, the tallest man ever known? A. 8’ 11â€[/b]

Most questions are serious enough.

Rightie Ho... next question.

Who has scored more goals in the World Cup finals - New Zealand or Australia.

Bonus point for the numbers.

Beat me to it BigTen.

But it's not a hard question considering Australia have never scored in the finals.

Good omen for that match against Brazil. :cheers:

Okay okay - here is my question:

Two teams have been eliminated from the finals of the world cup without losing a game. Name these two teams.

Losing on penalties doesn't go down as a defeat, since the match was drawn, is this what you mean or are you talking about a team drawing all 3 group games and still going out.

If it's the first case then Ireland and Spain is the answer.

Actually you probably mean the second case cause the Dutch didn't lose in France98 either.

I guess what I am trying to say is that losing a game in extra-time or penalties still counts as a defeat.

What I am looking for are two teams that didn't suffer a defeat during a campaign and did not win the cup.

i.e say... getting a win and two draws in pool play but still not having enough points to move on

Latest posts