• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Quick list of players in 08 that are totally messed up!

O

ozzy

Hi all just wanted a little help in finding out which players EA/HB stuffed up completely.

So far the most extreme examples I know of are:

Waylon Murray
Lachlan Turner
Brad Barritt
P.Spies
Cory Jane
Earl Rose
Liam Messam
Strettle

Most of the PI teams and their associated players!! :p

All the ones I've mentioned above, I have already corrected their skin colour, face(approximation of course) height, D.O.B and weights.

I'd like to request everyone's help in identifying the worst cases, particularly for Northern Hemisphere players as I have no idea what they look like and it is extremely tedious to find pics of all of them. So if you can add your most messed up players, white guys who are black and black guys who are white, or players in wrong positions, extremely incorrect height and weight, players who are 32 years old when they are actually only 19, that sort of thing, I'd really appreciate it.

As far as incorrect stats go, well I'd prefer these not be considered unless it is an extreme case, like for Lachlan Turner who is a speedy wing in reality and was given a speed stat of 48(slower than most props). I'd prefer for people to make their own tweaks as they see fit to their favourite players and teams as stats are something everyone has their own ideas about.

If you could use the following format I'd really appreciate it:

Example:-

Waylon Murray:
Correct positions: Centre
Skin colour: Light black
Face similar to(other existing player in game): Wayne Julies

The most important piece of information is the last one. Please, please, please could you put down an existing face in the game which most closely matches the real face of the player you want changed.

Further examples of this are using Solly Tybilika's face for both Ndungane brothers and Schalk Burger's face for David Strettle and so on and so forth.

The whole point of this exercise is of course to finish my roster update which is a big task as it was so badly messed up by EA.

Thanks to anyone who took the time to read through the post and contributed some info. :)

Hi all just wanted a little help in finding out which players EA/HB stuffed up completely.

So far the most extreme examples I know of are:

Waylon Murray
Lachlan Turner
Brad Barritt
P.Spies
Cory Jane
Earl Rose
Liam Messam
Strettle

Most of the PI teams and their associated players!! :p

All the ones I've mentioned above, I have already corrected their skin colour, face(approximation of course) height, D.O.B and weights.

I'd like to request everyone's help in identifying the worst cases, particularly for Northern Hemisphere players as I have no idea what they look like and it is extremely tedious to find pics of all of them. So if you can add your most messed up players, white guys who are black and black guys who are white, or players in wrong positions, extremely incorrect height and weight, players who are 32 years old when they are actually only 19, that sort of thing, I'd really appreciate it.

As far as incorrect stats go, well I'd prefer these not be considered unless it is an extreme case, like for Lachlan Turner who is a speedy wing in reality and was given a speed stat of 48(slower than most props). I'd prefer for people to make their own tweaks as they see fit to their favourite players and teams as stats are something everyone has their own ideas about.

If you could use the following format I'd really appreciate it:

Example:-

Waylon Murray:
Correct positions: Centre
Skin colour: Light black
Face similar to(other existing player in game): Wayne Julies

The most important piece of information is the last one. Please, please, please could you put down an existing face in the game which most closely matches the real face of the player you want changed.

Further examples of this are using Solly Tybilika's face for both Ndungane brothers and Schalk Burger's face for David Strettle and so on and so forth.

The whole point of this exercise is of course to finish my roster update which is a big task as it was so badly messed up by EA.

Thanks to anyone who took the time to read through the post and contributed some info. :)
[/b]

1) Wynand Olivier from the Bulls should have longish blonde hair not short brown hair. (Prob close to Schalk Burgers hair)
2) Richie Mcaw shouldn't be wearing a scrum cap.

What about missing players like the "Beast" from the Sharks? Will you be adding players too? Anyway I can help you?

Great job Ozzy...Will check for other messed up players.

Think EVOL (or someone else) made a downloadable McCaw face patch. Works a treat on 06 and 08.

David Smith

Correct Position: Wing

Correct Age 21

PS I looked through all the xml files and couldn't find anything file containing information about the player portraits. There were a couple my xml reader couldnt read though. Sorry I took so long. Have been busy

Yeah just have a look around for Evol's little patch, it's an awesome job and has McCaw looking like he should.
Thanks for the info on Olivier, I shall change his face accordingly.
As for new players, you can count on it at this point in time I have added a little over two hundred new players to the game and have managed to do so without overwriting existing ones. It's been tough!!
Keep the info coming guys and remember to give an existing face in the game which I can use as a replacement.

Yeah just have a look around for Evol's little patch, it's an awesome job and has McCaw looking like he should.
Thanks for the info on Olivier, I shall change his face accordingly.
As for new players, you can count on it at this point in time I have added a little over two hundred new players to the game and have managed to do so without overwriting existing ones. It's been tough!!
Keep the info coming guys and remember to give an existing face in the game which I can use as a replacement.
[/b]

Got it!

Hey guys.........will the Rugby 06 player editor not work with Rugby 08......since EA have hardly changed anything? Can we not just change the "open file type" from Rugby06.exd to Rugby 08.exe in the Rugby 06 player editor? Just a thought.

Thanks

@allyoop

thanks for doing that man. Yeah it's a bit of a mystery why it doesn't work the same way as 06 did, only you or woosah and the other fellows who have delved into the xml files would have any ideas about it. I've already done david smith as well btw, there are a whole lot of others I have updated as well but juggling a couple of hundred players it's easy to forget who you've done what for.

@rockstar- sorry man I had a quick browse but didn't turn anything up, I do know that it's in a thread started by evol himself and is McCaw's name is in the thread ***le. Maybe you can find it given that info or someone can just send you the file.

sam norton knight wears black headgear
dan parks has a fair complexion
george smith doesn't have long hair/dreads anymore
ritchie mccaw dosn't wear a helmet
dan carter didn't get his haircut in the army
bortolami from italy has been given the generic face of a guy who looks like fryer tuck... he's actually a lot younger, doesn't have a beard and wears black headgear

Thanks Insane, but do you think you could also make suggestions on what existing face I could use to replace the ones you mentioned above with.
If these are the most erroneous players around then I must be doing pretty well. I was half expecting 135kg halfbacks who also play prop and are black when they should be white :D

Anthony Tuitavake

Correct Positions: Centre & Wing

Sione Lauaki

Correct Positions: No.8, Flanker & Second Rower

Tasesa Lavea

Correct Positions: Fly Half, Scrum Half & Centre

Brad Mika

Correct Positions: Second Rower & No.8

Corey Jane should have long blonde hair not bald.

Correct Positions: Fullback & Wing

Piri Weepu

Correct Positions: Halfback & Flyhalf

Sitiveni Sivivatu

Correct Positions: Wing & Fullback

David Smith

Skin Colour: Light Black

Face similiar to Jonah Lomu

Cheers jawmalam, all were changed. I decided to leave Lavea as flyhalf, centre so he can't do too much damage.
Corey Jane is a tough one to find a face for. His heair isn't really blonde it's a dirty blond and the only face I've seen that is a little bit close to it is mullet man jason eaton. Unfortunately both are in the same team and because it's a proper face rather than a generic one it looks a little weird seeing them both run around with the same mug.
Man so far it's only southern hemisphere people posting here, and most of the changes suggested so far I have already done, particularly for the NZ players.
After all the complaints about the roster I would have thought there'd be a flood of SAFs, Aussies and poms crying foul.

Santiago Dallape:
Correct positions: Second Row
Skin colour: white
He wears a scrum cap

30 something year old Ibanez doesn't look exactly like 19 year old Danny Cipriani :p

So which face needs to be changed AllezWasp, Cipriani's or Ibanez's and which existing face should it be changed to?

Thanks alot for all the effort you and others have put in Ozzy you have made Rugby 08 alot better. When I first got it I only played 3 games than didn't play it for 2 days cause I was so disappointed but now that there's and editor and accurate rosters it makes it bearable to play.

Come on fellaz everyone's been complaining about the rosters and stats so lets try and contribute. I found it so frustrating trying to play Rugby 08 with such wrong doings by EA so if I find anymore I'll keep them coming.

jaques botes - sharks - needs headgear
frans steyn hair is wrong should be darker and a little longer... also no gloves

thanks for the support jawma!! Every bit counts.

@bokean- I've made those changes, unfortunately at this point I can't get rid of his gloves. Thanks for the info.

Salesi Maafu is a prop, NOT a flanker!

Julian Huxley cannot play no. 8. They had his positions right in '06 when he was listed as a fullback, flyhalf and centre.

Anthony Faingaaa is a centre, NOT a hooker!

Adam Ashley-Cooper's is not listed as a centre despite the fact that outside centre is probably his primary position. His positions should include centre, wing, and fullback.

George Smith cannot play in the second row. Neither can Matt Dunning.

Berrick Barnes wears headgear.

Lachlan Turner, Guy Shepherdson and Josh Holmes are all EXTREMELY underrated.

Also, Josh Holmes has short brown hair - he's not completely bald.

Cameron Shepherd is too slow.

John Ulugia should be able to play hooker as well as prop.

Mark Chisholm, Hugh McMeniman and Adam Wallace-Harrison should both be able to play in the backrow as well as lock.

Stephen Hoiles' lineout abilities need to improved GREATLY! Also, his headgear should be made white, and he has blonde hair.

I can't remember now if Adam Wallace-Harrison had headgear, but Al Campbell needs headgear.

Great info Fushits, I have made all the changes you suggested. However I have only tweaked the stats slightly bring Sheperdsons scrummaging up to 74 and his strength to 80 for example.

Latest posts