• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Quick list of players in 08 that are totally messed up!

Oxxy...could you maybe edit Butch James stats? or should we edit stats on our own basis once you have released the mod?

Tackling, defence and passing needs to be higher.
Barritts defence & tackling also needs to be higher.

but not a problem if you dont have time.

J.Du Plessis (Cheetahs) has blonde hair, like the Brad Barrit player

Brad Barrit has short black hair, not blonde hair like his model, and can play Flyhalf

@rockstar, yeah it's probably better for minor stat tweaks that you do those as you see fit as butch is pretty serviceable in his position at the moment, it's only really for those players who have really big errors in their stats e.g. Lachlan Turner (a wing) is slower than most props. Btw lol at calling me Oxxy, hehe. :)

@monatu, I have changed both players accordingly.

Keep the lists coming guys.

I don't know if he's been highlighted already but Joe Maddock isn't white. He looks more like Andy Higgins (also of Bath) or any black player with dreadlocks really.

Also Ugo Monye was nearly a sprinter before he turned his hand to rugby. In one competition he ran in the low 10's so I think 70's are a bit harsh.

Thanks for the info substitute, so far you are one of the few people to post changes for NH sides. I have updated both players, but I only jumped Monye's speed up by 10 so as not to go too overboard.

Thanks for the info substitute, so far you are one of the few people to post changes for NH sides. I have updated both players, but I only jumped Monye's speed up by 10 so as not to go too overboard.
[/b]

Quite alright. And I've got a few more as well. Keep up the good wrk.

-Mike Baxter of Bath is actually white; looks like Ryan Davis (Bath)
-Spencer Davey is now playing his rugby for Doncaster, he's as good as gone.
-David Barnes is only 31 (not a big difference).
-Colin Charvis is light black.
-Thomas Lievremont is white - looks a little like Damien Traille (Him and Charvis pictures might be mixed up)
-In fact, on mine Traille is black as well <_<
-Josh Taumololo is a light black (Tongan)
-Nathan Budgett (Bristol) is a Welsh international - not Uruguayan.
-Kieran Roche (LI) is white, looks a bit like sheridan and wears a scrum cap.
-David Paice (LI) is an England A international (listed as Australian)
-Michael Holford (Wasps) is white, skin-headed.
-Palmer's a second row (I think you've got this).

Apologies if you've got any of them already my rosters gone to whack. There's plenty more if they are correct though. :D

Hey substitute, great info there, very helpful when people put the player in the game they look like, saves me a ton of effort, googling for pictures and then trying to find a similar looking fellow by playing the blasted game and doing replays for close ups. As you may have noticed the portraits in rugby 08 do not always match the player's face when you go to play the game. It's ridiculous.

Hey ozzy thanks for what you are doing
E.Rose is not White he is Brown with headgear
When would a update of the roster be ready to download??????

denis leamy of ireland should have green head gear and doesnt have a bald patch. he has black hair. but yeah the green head gear should cover that.

Ok cheers guys, E.Rose and G.Aplon are both done.
D.Leamy I gave him headgear, but didn't realise it was green, the headgears a black one at the moment, will have to search around for a player who wears a green headgear. :D

As for a roster release date, well I shall pop it out to coincide with Woosah's release of his roster editor. Basically I have done most clubs in the North with the exception of the French clubs and the Edinburgh Gunners as they have a crap website with just the names of players, no positions and no stats. All the Welsh, Irish, English teams and 1 of the Scot teams are done. Oh I haven't done the Italian clubs for the same reason I didn't do the French yet, they are so out of date and there are so many fake names it's too much of an effort right now. I did however change as many of the fake Italian names to real ones.

As far as the super14 teams go they are for the most part up to date so I have tweaked a few players, given them correct looks, skin colour, positions etc. based on the info here and online. There are probably a lot of errors for the South African players, but I haven't received much info on them unfortunately.

Francis Steyn from the Sharks has longish dark blonde hair - not short hair (Nor sure what other hair looks like his tho)

Butch James wears white boots when playing for the Sharks.

"The Beast" from the Sharks is missing from the game. If you need details just let me know.

I used the patch for Richie MCaw with out headgear on Rugby 08 but it makes him have a bright orange headgear now? Any suggestions?

Thanks Ozzy

Francis Steyn from the Sharks has longish dark blonde hair - not short hair (Nor sure what other hair looks like is tho)

Butch James wears white boots when playing for the Sharks. [/b]
And this is an issue for you????!!!!

Ok cheers guys, E.Rose and G.Aplon are both done.
D.Leamy I gave him headgear, but didn't realise it was green, the headgears a black one at the moment, will have to search around for a player who wears a green headgear. :D

As for a roster release date, well I shall pop it out to coincide with Woosah's release of his roster editor. Basically I have done most clubs in the North with the exception of the French clubs and the Edinburgh Gunners as they have a crap website with just the names of players, no positions and no stats. All the Welsh, Irish, English teams and 1 of the Scot teams are done. Oh I haven't done the Italian clubs for the same reason I didn't do the French yet, they are so out of date and there are so many fake names it's too much of an effort right now. I did however change as many of the fake Italian names to real ones.

As far as the super14 teams go they are for the most part up to date so I have tweaked a few players, given them correct looks, skin colour, positions etc. based on the info here and online. There are probably a lot of errors for the South African players, but I haven't received much info on them unfortunately.
[/b]

Hello I'm french
If you need i can help tou for the frenc teams 's namesd (players, stats and look).

Tell me if you need and i send you stats (i 'll put a post on general forum because ther's a lot of french people who can help you for italian and french teams.

<div class='quotemain'> Francis Steyn from the Sharks has longish dark blonde hair - not short hair (Nor sure what other hair looks like is tho)

[/b][/quote]

Whats the problem Rugby`s_a_Religion.........?

<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'> Francis Steyn from the Sharks has longish dark blonde hair - not short hair (Nor sure what other hair looks like is tho)

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

Butch James won't be playing for the Sharks again in the near future, firstly. And then white boots aren't really a high priority when there are loads of players out there masquerading with the wrong coloured skin.

<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

Butch James won't be playing for the Sharks again in the near future, firstly. And then white boots aren't really a high priority when there are loads of players out there masquerading with the wrong coloured skin.
[/b][/quote]

Ozzy is asking what things are wrong and that is wrong. If EA made a player wear pink boots and he actually wears black boots would you change it? Butch James has played for the Sharks since leaving high school so it is a big deal for me since he wont be playing for Sharks again!

Sorry do you mind?

Ozzy.....please help me out with that.

@Rockstar. It's not a big deal, I'll chuck a pair of white boots on him. You should know though that the game can't differentiate bootstyles when the player is playing for a different team, so he'll have white boots for SAF as well and also for his new English club.

As for the beast do you think he looks similar to the S.Tybilika face in the game at the moment or is there another head that would suit him better.
The only reason I hesitate to put that head on him is that it's currently in use for the Ndungane brothers, 1 of whom(Odwa) plays for the sharks and looks like a total alien freak with his default head :p

@anthonynail - I would greatly appreciate any help you can give me with the french and italian rosters, but I must ask that you follow a specific format or it can get very confusing. There are also a few things I need to make you aware of in how I approach the roster so that it stays consistent with the rest of the game.

Ok the first and biggest issue is I NEED to know which players have a duplicate. I have already found a lot of the obvious ones for France e.g:

Cristopher "Demonicci" IS Christopher Dominici
J."Thorn" IS J.Thion

The second point is that NOT ALL renamed players HAVE a duplicate.

The reason I need to know this is that I only rename players WITHOUT a duplicate and those players WITH a duplicate I overwrite their duplicate with a new player, while the original remains in the game and is placed in the appropriate club or international side.

Ok once I have a list of all the players that are duplicates I then need the information in the following format:

Example for Duplicate:
Duplicate Name: C.Demonicci
Proper Name: C.Dominici
Club: Paris
Position(s) WG, FB, CT etc.
D.O.B: 02/01/77
Height: 1.8m
Weight: 189lbs
Skin colour: White
Similar face to use in game: S.Chabal's head

Example for non-duplicate:
Exactly the same as above, but just point out that this player has no duplicate and the name just needs correcting.

Finally for players that need to be created from scratch, use the same format as above, but just state at the top that they are a new player and need to be created, so I don't spend time looking for them. Also mention their stats for their primary attributes only.
For example:

For a WING I just need-
Speed:87
Acceleration:63
Strength:77(helps me determine if they are a crasher or an elusive wing)

For CENTRE:
Speed:
Acceleration
Handling
Passing
Strength

PROP:
Scrummaging
Strength

Hooker:
Scrum:
Strength
Hook

Halfback:
Speed
Accel
Pass

Flyhalf:
Pass
Handling
Speed
Kick ability
Kick power
Goal Kick

SecondRow:
Lineouts
Strength
Scrum

BackRow:
Lineout
Strength
Ruck
Speed

Fullback:
Speed
Tackle

I realise that after reading this it's a bit overwhelming, the problem with the forums is that nobody follows the format after the first post. What I'll get is something like this.

"M.Delacour plays fullback for Paris. Thanks :D"

OR THIS:

Paris Club
1.T.Dubois
2.N.Helpful
3.R.Useless
4.P.Help
etc. etc.

As you can see this is not very useful to me.

If you are still willing to help then by all means please keep me informed and proceed with the thread as you see best, but the info will only be really useable if I get it in the above format.

Cheers.
Ozzy.

G.Steenkamp (Bulls and South Africa) has light brown skin and wears head gear (Green or black). His face can look like W.Julied orG.Aplon or somethin

@Rockstar. It's not a big deal, I'll chuck a pair of white boots on him. You should know though that the game can't differentiate bootstyles when the player is playing for a different team, so he'll have white boots for SAF as well and also for his new English club.

As for the beast do you think he looks similar to the S.Tybilika face in the game at the moment or is there another head that would suit him better.
The only reason I hesitate to put that head on him is that it's currently in use for the Ndungane brothers, 1 of whom(Odwa) plays for the sharks and looks like a total alien freak with his default head :p

@anthonynail - I would greatly appreciate any help you can give me with the french and italian rosters, but I must ask that you follow a specific format or it can get very confusing. There are also a few things I need to make you aware of in how I approach the roster so that it stays consistent with the rest of the game.

Ok the first and biggest issue is I NEED to know which players have a duplicate. I have already found a lot of the obvious ones for France e.g:

Cristopher "Demonicci" IS Christopher Dominici
J."Thorn" IS J.Thion

The second point is that NOT ALL renamed players HAVE a duplicate.

The reason I need to know this is that I only rename players WITHOUT a duplicate and those players WITH a duplicate I overwrite their duplicate with a new player, while the original remains in the game and is placed in the appropriate club or international side.

Ok once I have a list of all the players that are duplicates I then need the information in the following format:

Example for Duplicate:
Duplicate Name: C.Demonicci
Proper Name: C.Dominici
Club: Paris
Position(s) WG, FB, CT etc.
D.O.B: 02/01/77
Height: 1.8m
Weight: 189lbs
Skin colour: White
Similar face to use in game: S.Chabal's head

Example for non-duplicate:
Exactly the same as above, but just point out that this player has no duplicate and the name just needs correcting.

Finally for players that need to be created from scratch, use the same format as above, but just state at the top that they are a new player and need to be created, so I don't spend time looking for them. Also mention their stats for their primary attributes only.
For example:

For a WING I just need-
Speed:87
Acceleration:63
Strength:77(helps me determine if they are a crasher or an elusive wing)

For CENTRE:
Speed:
Acceleration
Handling
Passing
Strength

PROP:
Scrummaging
Strength

Hooker:
Scrum:
Strength
Hook

Halfback:
Speed
Accel
Pass

Flyhalf:
Pass
Handling
Speed
Kick ability
Kick power
Goal Kick

SecondRow:
Lineouts
Strength
Scrum

BackRow:
Lineout
Strength
Ruck
Speed

Fullback:
Speed
Tackle

I realise that after reading this it's a bit overwhelming, the problem with the forums is that nobody follows the format after the first post. What I'll get is something like this.

"M.Delacour plays fullback for Paris. Thanks :D"

OR THIS:

Paris Club
1.T.Dubois
2.N.Helpful
3.R.Useless
4.P.Help
etc. etc.

As you can see this is not very useful to me.

If you are still willing to help then by all means please keep me informed and proceed with the thread as you see best, but the info will only be really useable if I get it in the above format.

Cheers.
Ozzy.
[/b]

Ok i will trry for toulouse.
I put the test on the topic sunday for other forumer interaction.
If it's good I try to do all the frenc team in one document (type text)

"@Rockstar. It's not a big deal, I'll chuck a pair of white boots on him. You should know though that the game can't differentiate bootstyles when the player is playing for a different team, so he'll have white boots for SAF as well and also for his new English club.

The only reason I hesitate to put that head on him is that it's currently in use for the Ndungane brothers, 1 of whom(Odwa) plays for the sharks and looks like a total alien freak with his default head" - OZZY

Ozzy you are a legend and I really appreciate that. Don't mind Butch having white boots for Sharks & SA. Butch is my all time great.
The Beast well......prob same face as Bobo from Sharks with very short black hair and dark skin.

Could you maybe let me know what file to extract in order to edit rugby boots (Butch James) from the .big file?

@Substitute - I don't care if Butch is playing for Bath next year....he'll always be a Natal Shark!

Latest posts