• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Quick list of players in 08 that are totally messed up!

Great stuff guys, sorry I haven't been on lately as my internet has been going crazy. Thanks for moderating the thread Woosah :)
All suggested changes have been made :)

@monatu, not to worry dude, I got it, thanks for the info.

@eternal idol, there are way more fake names than that unfortunately, virtually all the french sides use players with pseudonyms, and while the real name is used in the commentary for most of them, it is not the case for all of them, which just adds to the confusion.

@Fa'atua, man that's terrible news for the manu, now all that time bedding in combinations has gone to waste :(

As far as the roster is concerned, I will likely be releasing it very soon. I have pretty much used up all the duplicate players I could find and I am not a fan of using created players to fill the remaining positions as they cannot be assigned real heads and it just looks terrible when playing the game.

Because of this I shall leave the remaining french and italian sides +edinburgh for when/if we are fortunate enough to get an editor which can assign real faces to created players.

Is there anyone here who has the time to give the roster a quick run through. I just need someone to go through it and tell me if there are any major problems, like players running around without heads or it's crashing the game somewhere. Don't worry too much about stuff like stats or wrong players in certain sides, but feel free to mention it and I will update it for the next version.

I don't usually do tests, but I have made so many changes all over the place, in one go, I thought I better conduct a small one with your help just to make sure there are no major issues.

I will make the roster available to the first 4 people who pm me with their email addy and who have also made helpful suggestions in this thread :D
You will of course need rugby 08 in order to test the roster file :p and please make sure you backup your own files just in case.

Hi all got the max number of tester now, so it will be a 1 to 2 day wait for feedback from them and then I will release it to the general public.

Kurtley Beale is meant to have white head gear and Berrick Barnes is supposed to have this headgear:

berrickbarnesreds_215247.jpg

And also Clinton Schifcofske looks nothing like in real life... this is what he really looks like:

r127147_415752.jpg

In Scotland, Dan Parks (who is actually white) had a real face in Rugby '06 under the name of D. Pauls, playing for Glasgow.

Chris Paterson also had a real face in Rugby '06. Now he looks like a character from The Lord of the Rings, and not precisely an elf. I was wondering whether there's any possibility of using the '06 faces in Rugby '08.

Thanks!

I notice in 06, that some teams have players with the same name.. i.e A.Tuilagi, M.Bergamasco and this seems to play havoc with the editor.. i think it is EA's problem, not the editor. They all have different ID numbers, so it shoudnt happen.

I just felt it'd a good idea to warn you.. adding M.Bergamasco and M.Bergamasco makes it so they both actually are the same player.. just selected in the squad twice.

Also, Bergamasco's com name cannot be set. It always resets to Abuserridze. I don't know if this is EA or woosaah's editor doing.. i assume EA.

Be careful.

Hi guys, thanks for the info, I will go have a look for those real faces and hopefully EA left them in the 08 files somewhere.

@Fa'atau, no worries there as 08 allows renaming of players to Mi.Bergamasco and Ma.Bergamasco, so there is no problem with conflicts. :)
Also the Bergamasco com name didn't give me any trouble in 08 so it's cool.

Hi guys, thanks for the info, I will go have a look for those real faces and hopefully EA left them in the 08 files somewhere.

@Fa'atau, no worries there as 08 allows renaming of players to Mi.Bergamasco and Ma.Bergamasco, so there is no problem with conflicts. :)
Also the Bergamasco com name didn't give me any trouble in 08 so it's cool. [/b]

I know when i tried to rename anitelea tuliagi as an. tuilagi, he didnt come upon the database anymore. So, for 06, i have added m.bergamasco, and m.bergamesco.. it wont work any other way :angry:

Hi guys, I focused on the WC roster and I am using the website of RWC as model
This are the roster discrepancy I didn't take into consideration the first initial mistake and their stastitistics, because personal and easy to change through the editor:

Argentina
Off
Aramburu
M.Gaitan
G.Santiago
G.Pablo
N.Vergallo
In
A. Basualdo
S. Bonorino
L.Ostiglia
M.Schustermann
F. Serra Miras

Australia
OK

Canada
Off
S.McKeen
A.Abrahams
M.Lawson
M.Barbeo
I.Exner
J.Jackson
O.Atkinson
In
R.Snow
D.Biddle
J.Thiel
S.Franklin
M.Weingart
N.Trenkel
C.Culpan

England
Off
N.Easter
In
J.Worsley

Fiji
Off
J.Bola
R.Caucabunica
A.Doviverata
R.Nihlot
J.Rauluni
I.Rissela
S.Twaake
M.Daveu
A.Tolavi
N.Seru
D.Nevaro
K.Sawala
V.Maimuri
S.Bobo
In
G.Dewes
S.Naevo
M.Kunavore
V.Saturaga
H.Qiodravu
I.Qovu
J.Daunivicu
W.Luveniyali
F.Bolavucu
G.Lovabalavu
J.Railomo
A.Yalayalatabua
I.Domolailai
W.Lewarawu
I.Nevua

France
Off
S.Marconnet
E.Vermeulen
In
N.Maas
L.Beauxis

Georgia
still a mess
If u want I can send u, the .xls file w the original names (and their real version) of EA and the roster of the World Cup

Ireland
Off
J.Heaslip
In
S.Farris

Italy
Ok the roster
I checked the face and there are relevan changes to to:
A.Troncon Bald
S.Dellappe face of Del Fava and not of Lo Cicero
R.Vosaway is black skin
M.Aguero black hair
P.Griffen blond with dreadlocks

Japan
still a mess (see note to Georgia)

Namibia

New Zeland
OK

Portugal
Off
M. D'Orey
C.Darwinez
X.Alonso
A.Silva
G.Duarte
D.Ag'leash
F.Gainer
B.Paisley
X.Penalva
V.Penalva
R.Benitez
In
A.Lourenco
R.Cordeiro
M.Dias
G.Foro
J.Pinto
G.Malheiro
J.Mure
T.Girao
J.Somoza
P.Cabral
D.Mateus there r 2 with this name in the real Porugal squad

Romania

Samoa
Off
D.Kerslake
A.To'ola
In
A.Valeuga
E. Sapolu

Scotland
Ok

South Africa
Off
P.Spies
In
B. du Plessis

Tonga
Off
T.Taumopeanu
Hale T Pole
N.Latu
C.Hala'Ufla
V.Hakolo
S.Vunipola
F.Apikotoe
T.Laetoa
E.Lanegri
S.Taumoielo
L.Maka
In
'.Filipine
H. Tonga'uiha
U.Kalilea
'.Kauhenga
O.Langilangi
T.Toke
V.Lilo
S.Mata'u
E.Tafua
T.Tu'uhoko
I.Tupou
J.Vaka

USA
I.Basauri
S.Sika
C.Wyles
O.Lentz
J.Vitale
L.Gross
F.Mounga
V.Malifa
M.Moeakiola
T.Ngwnya
D.Payne
T.Palamo
H.Bloomfield
M.Petri

Wales
Ok

In the next day I will check the NE clubs

Argentina
Off
Aramburu
M.Gaitan
G.Santiago
G.Pablo
N.Vergallo
In
A. Basualdo
S. Bonorino
L.Ostiglia
M.Schustermann
F. Serra Miras
[/b]

First of all very good work! After a late injury Jose Maria Nuñez Piossek is out of the team and Federico Martin Aramburu has taken his place.

I am giving Ozzy the definitive roster so he can update 08 from my 06 roster.

It will be released maybe tonight or tomorrow and will be in my sig.

Wow great work there Gabe, I am going to leave teams like Samoa, SAF and Ireland as they are as there are only 1 or 2 changes to be made to those sides and injuries in the first round are going to make the teams change even further. Also I prefer the sides be outfitted with their best players as it makes it more fun for people who aren't familiar with foreign teams, but still recognise a few of the top players from those countries e.g. P.Spies, Rupeni Caucanibuca etc.

I shall use Fa'atau's roster to try and repair the USA and other minnow sides. I will most likely replace players who aren't affiliated with any clubs as many smaller countries only have about 30 players in the database anyway so a direct swap should work nicely e.g. Old USA player replaced with new USA player.

The bigger problem with teams like Tonga and Fiji is that at the moment using created players to fill in the missing ones is not an option as their faces can't be modified and it is really disappointing playing with such crap big heads (well I can't stand it anyway, it ruins the game for me) and I have no more duplicates left to use up :(

Thanks again for all your hard work Gabriel and Fa'atau it's a big help in repairing these woeful rosters from EA. :)

Would anyone who has my email address mind sending me Woosah's latest roster editor as I still can't get into the blasted downloads section :(

so guys, let's focus just on the rugby world cup, by my point of view w should use the official roster and it is up to each one of us doing changes to use players like Caucau and Spies for their team

Moreover I do think that it's better to create crappy players and do not change the existing ones for USA, Tonga Fiji and so on, becuase I checked that some one are just misspelled (especially Romania and Georgia)
But Ozzy anyway is up to u to decide the strategy, u r the boss. If u want I can send u XLS with the fakes names and the real ones for the international. Sorry for the mistake w Aramburu.

I have checked the Magners League team and there r very few adjustment. Unfortunaly I have to work hard on this week end, I hope to post the doc for Monday.

It's no problem Gabriel, I'm just trying to find a way of getting the roster out the door faster and making minute adjustments will add greatly to the time it takes to complete things. The big stuff though I fully agree should be changed and for sides like Fiji, well Caucau would be the only exception so for players to have the "official team" all they'd need to do is replace that 1 player with the proper 1.

That .xls file would be a big help as well, so if you can send it that would be great.

I should also mention that when editing the roster I kept my game settings in mind as well, so in your testing if you could set knock ons to full it should make the game a little more balanced when using my rosters.

Thanks again Gabriel you've put in a lot of effort testing and it's all appreciated. :)
Btw. I have finished doing up USA, based off Fa'ataus roster. Man it took a while.

I'm glad you didn't find many mistakes on the NH clubs you've checked so far, I spent a lot of time on them and would be gutted if I'd stuffed them up.

@Fa'atau. Do the USA(and for that matter all the other) players have correct faces, positions, skin colour etc. in your roster? Was curious as 2 guys who already existed in the 08 version came up as a SH and a Centre while in your roster they were on the wings. Thanks though it's already proving a big help.

@ Ozzy.. ok here goes..

A lot of the minnow teams, like Tonga, USA, Namibia had to have nearly all new players. All i did is overwrite the old ones who are not affiliated to a club in the game, or are likely to be signed by a team in the game. Also, there are lots of players who have moved clubs and are now sitting in the game, useless.. like Tanner Vili for example, or most of the french.

These can be edited over. As long as it is not a well known starter for a club, or national team player, it won't matter.

With the USA, i had no idea who was dark, white skinned, tall, small or whatever as most of them are scrubs from Anonymous University, Anonymousville.

However, i have had fantastic news in the last couple of hours. The RWC site now has a fantastic mouse-over photo section for the squads.. so you put the cursor over Loki Crichton's name and his pic comes up.

This goes for every player. So know i know who these scrubs are and what they look like.. although some photos are out of date, as alesana doesnt have cornrows in his photo.

I can now use this to finish my faces editing.. or get them as near as possible.

To be honest, i can't find data on the players weights, heights etc, and i dont quite understand the numerical values yet.. so my heights and weights are probably wrong, but only by maybe a couple of inches, pounds.

This is easily fixable.. in my game Nili Latu is taller, when he is not. He is a short ass.

I figured the best way to find out is watch the games and see the players.

I already know that Nyanga is overrated, Skrela can't kick consistently and that Argentina's ratings should all be upped!

I will send you a final roster today ozzy, or release it on here. It takes a while to note it all down, but to be honest, if M. Namibiaprop is not as short in real life, no-one is really going to care.

EA would still make me data manager with that success rate!

ANNOUNCEMENT:

Rugby '06 PC Complete Game Roster Update

The project was to overhaul the out of date rosters for Rugby '06, which is now complete. The full update is available by email for the moment, and includes the following listed below:

- Fully 100% updated Guinness Premiership club rosters for 2007-08 season, excluding Leeds for Saints.
- Fully updated French club rosters for 2007-08 season.
- Updated Irish club rosters for 2007-08 season (needs a little more adjustment)
- Updated Welsh club rosters for 2007-08 season (needs a little more adjustment)
- Fully updated Italian club rosters for 2007-08 season.
- Fully updated Scottish club roster (Glasgow) for 2007-08 season.
- Fully updated Rugby World Cup 2007 national team rosters, with 80% of injury replacements included.
- Partially updated Super 14's club rosters.

Notes:
The Super 14 sides are not clear until Super 14 starts.

Teams that still need some minor updating:

Edinburgh
Treviso
Calvisano
Bourgoin

Please leave a post here with your email address, or PM me and i will email the roster files.

Great work there Fa'atau and yeah I know what you mean about stats for minnow nations being off by a few inches. I don't mind that much myself. Still things like skin colour add a little bit more authenticity to the game so I try to get that right when I can.

I really hate looking at the blasted French and Italian clubs, I wish someone would do them for me as looking at all those fake names starts to make your eyes bleed. Apart from that every NH club for 08 is updated.

As for international squads, after watching Argentina stick it to the froggies they have been fully updated along with a few tweaks to player's socks up/down to make them look more authentic and the fullback has been given his yellow boots!!! :D

Fa'atau it would be great if I could get my hands on your roster update so if you could send it to my email, this old man would be most greatful :p

Latest posts