• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

RaboDirect Pro 12 Round 3

If I was going to give a story from game front page status, it would be Jackson. He's had a fair few doubters recently, which is understandable enough in its way I guess, but he just turned potential into performance in a very cool-headed and complete way. Strong in contact, very good from the tee, constantly putting good ball in front of his runners, good reactions and hands to dig us out of trouble a few times and unlucky that his breaks didn't go further. He's not made it, not after one game, but if he keeps playing like that he will.

Anyone fancy Visser for top try scorer this year?

internet-memes-cant-tell-if-fry-or-bippity-boop.jpg

Em but seriously...why isn't some French team paying him a million euro a day? Top try scorer three years in a row and already on 6 this year.

I think he was waiting to be qualified for Scotland. Now that he's been capped, i think he should look to earn his millions abroad next season.

Noooooorrrrthhhh

Edit. Another excellent result for the Scarlets away to Connacht. It finished 11-24, a bonus point for the Scarlets coming in the final minute after a Jon Davies intercept.

Jordan Williams looked quite sharp at fullback. Another disappointing kicking display from Priestland though. Scarlets really need to sort that out, because they're going to struggle in the big games if they miss as many shots at goal as they have in their previous two games.

Last edited:
What a drop goal from Sexton. Nailed it under pressure.

Leinster were really very lucky though. They looked blunt in attack and seemed to lack concentration in defence, at least in the parts I saw.

Last edited:
The Dragons v Blues game has been of a poor standard again. Very little good rugby being played by Welsh regions at the minute (except the Scarlets), with basic mistakes littering games.

Prydie missed a few kicks today, so maybe not quite as good as his U20 kicking suggested. Gustaffson made an impact since coming on at hooker, his lineout throwing looks ok as well. Blues lineout has been a complete shambles.

Don't think Henessey has helped, he was very whistle happy in the first half, but has been better in the second.

Edit. Bloody hell, I'v just seen Gavin Evans do something good!!!!! He made a good tackle in midfield, my mind is officially blown.

Think Dragons v Blues is early contender for worst game of the season

TG4's coverage today was mind blowingly poor. Barely watched it, such was the lack of quality.

That said, I'm quite happy with the result. We didn't play very well, but it was the first game of the season for an awful lot of guys and Treviso has become a very difficult place to go and get a result in recent years. The last minute DG was excellent. Great composure from Sexton to smack one from that far out in the dying seconds.

We'll take the 4 points and move on.

The Dragons v Blues game has been of a poor standard again. Very little good rugby being played by Welsh regions at the minute (except the Scarlets), with basic mistakes littering games.

Prydie missed a few kicks today, so maybe not quite as good as his U20 kicking suggested. Gustaffson made an impact since coming on at hooker, his lineout throwing looks ok as well. Blues lineout has been a complete shambles.

Don't think Henessey has helped, he was very whistle happy in the first half, but has been better in the second.

Edit. Bloody hell, I'v just seen Gavin Evans do something good!!!!! He made a good tackle in midfield, my mind is officially blown.

Missed this one, but it sounds like I got lucky. Stupid mistakes and errors from the tee. Not a great one for Prydie, but it happens. The real test is if he can pick his head up and carry on.
How we lost to that Blues side though...

Glad to hear about Gus, he never seemed comfortable as a prop, hope to see him shift successfully to hooker.

Rumours that Ulster centre Nevin Spence is dead. I can't find any confirmation, but some forums are saying this is it:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-19614409

Rest in peace to all, friends and family are in my thoughts. Puts everything into perspective really.

Last edited:
Rumours that Ulster centre Nevin Spence is dead. I can't find any confirmation, but some forums are saying this is it:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-19614409

Rest in peace to all, friends and family are in my thoughts. Puts everything into perspective really.

More or less confirmed.

I feel gutted, but that's nothing compared to how sad I feel for his mother and other family. That's just horrendous. RIP.

Terrible game at the Parade on Saturday. This fixture is always a bit slow, tight and low scoring. Although I'm not excusing some of the poor skill.

Filise was back on the correct side of the Scrum this week and the Blues Scrum was a lot better. Rhys Patchell was the stand out player in a poor showing, but some of his kicking out of hand was really top draw.

Latest posts