• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

RaboDirect Pro12: Round 13

I was going to make the same case for Raaadge.

Pretty sure most of us here could kick the ball straight a long way and have it keep bouncing on. Good vision, but as you say, better vision would have seen the guys outside.

And the main reason it ended up being such a gain was the Dragons were incredibly lazy getting back and their 13 shanked that one nastily enough.

So, uhm, not terribly impressed.

PD, where did you get your stats on tackles Jones vs Cole?

Plus Kidney's far from that mental. Conor George should basically be ignored.

It was 5 on 3 (Newport winger is hard to spot against the stand in his dark shirt but he is there). It would have either required Jones throwing a long pass, which in those conditions was a terrible idea, or taking the ball up himself, and he's not exactly known for his pace.

Given the way the Dragons had been kicking all game (i.e. poorly), and the conditions, a kick was a fairly good choice.

Fionn Carr came up with an unusual attacking tactic last weekend ... running through Tim Visser's legs. See Gif.

diapo46fbf9fb8db20961013481bdc26debf8.gif

Anyone watching the Ulster v Ospreys game. Ref is making some completely crazy calls at the breakdown against the Ospreys. I think all three penalties he's given for the Ospreys not releasing have been incorrect.

And as I say that, the Ospreys just score a length of the field try.

Bevington has been utterly immense!!

Great win for the O's. Thoroughly deserved that imo.

Bevington, Baldwin and Bearman were excellent throughout.

Brilliant. Heart & soul stuff out there. Bevington had possibly the best game I've ever seen him play, and I was thinking that before the try. Very impressed with Allan, Bearman, Baldwin... Actually, pretty much the entire pack. And the backs didn't let the rest of the side down. Great win, great performance. Loved the silence as the final whistle went.

Great win for the Ospreys. Ulster are being reeled back in. Leinster's win in Cardiff cuts the gap at the top to 9 points with the two Irish provinces still due to meet in Dublin.

Missed all the action, but looks like we managed to beat Treviso finally!
Jones appears to have missed a few, but that is why we have two goal kickers.
Another try for Ieuan Jones... Another Gwent Welsh 8?
Faletau (Ebbw Vale, Cross Keys)
Powell (Newport RFC)
Jones (Born in Newport)
Popham (Newport RFC)
Owen (Dragons)

Great win for the O's, glad to hear about Bev, Baldwin, and Bearman. All good players, the former two should be looking for some caps against Japan.

Well done Ospreys.

I shall console myself by musing privately on just how bloody weak that Ulster team was.

After that game, anyone else think that Cai Griffiths is now better than any tighthead the Blues have? He was utterly rubbish until not too long ago, but recently during his loan return he's put in some strong performances to be fair to him.

If Bevington can gain a little more consistency, he's gonna be quite a player. He's put in a number of great performances this year, and his work rate is second to none. Was interesting to hear Humphreys' comments about him at the end, basically said that unless he's the best prop in the world in the near future he'll be disappointed. Not sure Lyn Jones' comments about him being an outside bet for the Lions are true though, not when he's 3rd choice for Wales at the moment.

Cymro, I was wondering if your view of Baldwin has changed recently? He had a couple of small wobbles in the lineout, but that's just like all the other hookers in Britain and Ireland at the moment, but his carrying and work rate is up there with the best. He's really developing, and I wouldn't be surprised to see him involved with Wales at Rees' expense soon. I'd have him slightly ahead of Emyr Phillips atm, who himself is ahead of Myhill for the time being (I expect that to change as Myhill develops).

It's so annoying that Bearman isn't a few years younger. He's in phenomenal form, but as he himself has said, it's probably just a few years too late to be giving him his first cap.

Latest posts