• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

RaboDirect Pro12 Round 4

Certainly could be in contention in 2-3 seasons, has all the right skills although they are quite rough at times. With the right coaching and support theres no reason he wont be in the discussion for 2015 RWC

Poor lad needs to play U20 before the WM gets near him.

Poor lad needs to play U20 before the WM gets near him.

If Gatland thinks he's the best option, he'll throw him in at the deep end. Prydie made his Wales debut two years before his U20 debut. Has North ever played for the U20's? I know both were at wing which doesn't have the pressure of 10. The AI's and 6 Nations are too soon, but if he's still playing at this level come the end of the season, might as well take him to Japan and blood him in there.

I thought Tovey also looked good when he came on, and he already has plenty of regional rugby behind him. It'll be interesting how the Blues approach the HC in terms of who they start. I can see Tovey starting the next match at least. After years of having no options, the Blues suddenly have two.

Anybody taking bets on when the first "Patchell for Wayulz" lines start appearing?
Nipper will be glad, everybody will get off his back.

I tell you what, on current form i'd prefer him to be the third flyhalf in the squad than Dan Biggar. More for the experience than anything else

Patchell has looked good but needs more gametime at regional level before anything. The lad is a talent and under Phil Davies he will get the right sort of tutoring that will make him develop into a good player.

The Dragons number 8 Tom Brown is getting some stick from Gwlad about doing a bit of a "Borthwick" in interview after their 33-13 loss to Munster, saying how his side enjoyed being thrashed and they showed great spirit.

All the boys really enjoyed the confrontation against Munster, they tried to bully us but I feel that we stood up to them physically.

We need to move on after the Blues game, we have to make home a fortress, to be relentless.

I think we showed good spirit at Munster when we came right back into the game in the final quarter and even when the game was gone we kept plugging away at the end.

We showed heart and need to show more against Edinburgh.

It is just as good/bad and him saying "we got ****ed and look proper **** without our best backrow".

Last edited:
It is just as good/bad and him saying "we got ****ed and look proper **** without our best backrow".

Then why did Edwards leave them on the bench? And then not bring them on? :wall:

So is Jevon Groves and Tom Brown not good enough then?

Then why did Edwards leave them on the bench? And then not bring them on? :wall:

So is Jevon Groves and Tom Brown not good enough then?
Because Edwards is incompetent.
Granted, we do need to give Evans, Faletau, and Lydiate a rest every once in a while.
Dan needs some time off to get his ankle fully healed.

I can understand why he rested them against Munster at Thomond Park, that's not a game they would have realistically aimed to have won.

Last edited:
I can understand why he rested them against Munster at Thomond Park, that's not a game they would have realistically aimed to have won.

Faletau and Evans were injury concerns for that match, I have now heard.

Latest posts