• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

URC 2023/2024 Round 4

I know. Scarlets played really well in large parts, but similar to Cardiff last night, they cough up easy points which always puts them at risk of letting the game slip.

On the plus side, Ioan Lloyd looked class at 10.
Already looks better than Costelow. Absolutely mental that Scarlets have both when Ospreys have Walsh and a crooked, past it Owen Williams. Would've loved to have Lloyd as our Anscombe replacement at Ospreys and we could've guaranteed him games at 10. I know he's paying 10 at the moment but only because Costelow is out.

Stormers need to get a line-out from somewhere. I have an idea that we are going to be at the bottom part of the top 8 if that if we don't manage.

Stormers need to get a line-out from somewhere. I have an idea that we are going to be at the bottom part of the top 8 if that if we don't manage.
Two of our three tries were from attacking mauls with Scarra on. We lost that weapon when Dweba came on. He really, really needs to sort that out or else not only will he be out of Springbok contention, but even slipping further down the Stormers pecking order.

We are in a really weird stage right now. Without our Springboks our backline looks pretty dead in Europe. Maybe we are testing depth, but I don't really got throwing JLDP into 10 for these two games when Blommetjies had shown to be really strong on attack and relatively decent from the kicking tee before we left home.

Gelant was working well with Skosan and Blommetjies, think he could do with a game or two with them again, or even better Willemse and Libbok just feeding off each other.

A positive is that this season has started off a bit manically with no one racing away. So having lost two games we are just 4 points off the first two teams… that being said we probably have our hardest game of this tour ahead of us, so this tour will likely be seen as a failure. I would say we probably wanted ~10 points from it. I think we are looking at maybe 6 if we can get a Cardiff win.

Loving the journalism this season surrounding the regions, the inventive way in which they explain the losses in the ***les are going to be put to the test.

Cardiff comeback falls short

Glasgow mail their way to win

Scarlets throw away victory.

All fun ways of describing another whitewash weekend for Wales lol

Sadly I was at the Cardiff game, they look more semi pro and less cohesive by the game, the kids getting game time are years away from being ready, and the older experienced players look half their former selves.

Someone mentioned Lloyd going to Scarlets, it's not just crazy because Ospreys have William's and Walsh, it's crazy when you consider the only 2 fly halves that will play int rugby in 2024 are both at Scarlet, Cardiff have one 10 in a south African the WRU tried to block, and hes learning his trade. Dragons have 10s who have failed at pro level, and now Scarlets have to restrict game time to one of theirs

Two of our three tries were from attacking mauls with Scarra on. We lost that weapon when Dweba came on. He really, really needs to sort that out or else not only will he be out of Springbok contention, but even slipping further down the Stormers pecking order.

We are in a really weird stage right now. Without our Springboks our backline looks pretty dead in Europe. Maybe we are testing depth, but I don't really got throwing JLDP into 10 for these two games when Blommetjies had shown to be really strong on attack and relatively decent from the kicking tee before we left home.

Gelant was working well with Skosan and Blommetjies, think he could do with a game or two with them again, or even better Willemse and Libbok just feeding off each other.

A positive is that this season has started off a bit manically with no one racing away. So having lost two games we are just 4 points off the first two teams… that being said we probably have our hardest game of this tour ahead of us, so this tour will likely be seen as a failure. I would say we probably wanted ~10 points from it. I think we are looking at maybe 6 if we can get a Cardiff win.
If? Hahahaha

I tell you what, if you cant beat a semi pro Cardiff team give up on the season!

Miserable game in Rodney parade. Expect we'll get the bop win but all the WC returners have been awful. A nice 5m tap about all to write home about.

first win away to the Ospreys in 5 years and up to second in the table with Connacht gifting Edinburgh a win rather than a draw.

Well that's great news. All I saw was the score on FlashScore.com and I must have got the lines crossed. The print they use is very small and I'm old. Thank you for the correction! 👍

Latest posts