• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

URC 2023/2024 Round 4

TRF_stormer2010

TRF Legend
Country Flag
South Africa
Club or Nation
Stormers
Fri 10 Nov Zebre Parma v Sharks (5.30pm)

Fri 10 Nov Ulster v Munster (7.35pm) Live on BBC Northern Ireland

Fri 10 Nov Cardiff v Bulls (7.35pm) Live on BBC Wales

Sat 11 Nov Benetton v Stormers (3pm)

Sat 11 Nov Ospreys v Glasgow (5.15pm)

Sat 11 Nov Scarlets v Lions (5.15pm) Live on S4C

Sat 11 Nov Edinburgh v Connacht (7.35pm)

Sun 12 Nov Dragons v Leinster (1.15pm) Live on S4C

Before last week I was confident of at least 10 points from our tour. Hopefully we can turn it around but it's a bit of a cobbled side.

Should be dry and a bit warmer than Glasgow (albeit still likely 10-13 degrees). Hoping they're more up for it

Now that all four Welsh sides are playing at home and with several internationals back, hopefully we should have some good results this weekend.

That has to be one of the harshest yellow cards against Daly for Munster against Ulster

Nobody beats Zebre a googleplex times in a row! Good result given the backs the Sharks fielded. Delighted for them as I genuinely think they have a promising coach and if they hadn't got this win soon I could see the heads going down again. Zebre 10th at the time of typing (and yes, that is cheating) and on BBC Wales next week.

Sharks must be thinking bring back Everitt. :p

Nobody beats Zebre a googleplex times in a row! Good result given the backs the Sharks fielded. Delighted for them as I genuinely think they have a promising coach and if they hadn't got this win soon I could see the heads going down again. Zebre 10th at the time of typing (and yes, that is cheating) and on BBC Wales next week.

Sharks must be thinking bring back Everitt. :p
Forza Italia! đź‘Ť

Though Cardiff don't help themselves with all those unforced errors.
Hope they keep that going next week in Parma.

Champs have only won two games out of four. Early signs it is going to be a tough contest for a home QF and home semi (not that that bothered Munster last time).

Really hoping for Ospreys, Benetton and Edinburgh wins this weekend. All have winnable games that are pretty essential if these teams are going to mix it with what I consider the clear 7 best sides. Similarly, I just hope someone out of Lions vs Scarlets just looks remotely decent.

Overall, looks like the makings of a decent season if sides can step up to replace the woeful Sharks and the possibly iffy Edinburgh.

Though Cardiff don't help themselves with all those unforced errors.
Cardiff should have won that with plenty to spare. Handed Bulls all of their points with unforced errors. They played quite well in parts and played all the rugby. Mistake after mistake in the final quarter prevented them from nicking it at the end as well.

Some youngsters out there though, so hopefully they'll take lots away from that and start converting some of these narrow losses into wins.

Hope they keep that going next week in Parma.

Champs have only won two games out of four. Early signs it is going to be a tough contest for a home QF and home semi (not that that bothered Munster last time).

Really hoping for Ospreys, Benetton and Edinburgh wins this weekend. All have winnable games that are pretty essential if these teams are going to mix it with what I consider the clear 7 best sides. Similarly, I just hope someone out of Lions vs Scarlets just looks remotely decent.

Overall, looks like the makings of a decent season if sides can step up to replace the woeful Sharks and the possibly iffy Edinburgh.
Benetton have a good shot (unfortunately for us).

Sfm paying the price for the poor performance last week. Bit unfair IMO. Nel back.

TBH I'd have preferred 10 Blommetjies, 12 Sfm, 13 Nel, 14 Loader but I trust our coaching setup.

DHL Stormers — 15 Warrick Gelant, 14 Courtnall Skosan, 13 Ben Loader, 12 Ruhan Nel, 11 Leolin Zas, 10 Jean-Luc du Plessis, 9 Herschel Jantjies, 8 Evan Roos, 7 Ben-Jason Dixon, 6 Marcel Theunissen, 5 Ruben van Heerden, 4 Adre Smith, 3 Neethling Fouche (c), 2 Scarra Ntubeni, 1 Ali Vermaak.
Subs: 16 Joseph Dweba, 17 Brok Harris, 18 Lee-Marvin Mazibuko, 19 Gary Porter, 20 Nama Xaba, 21 Keke Morabe, 22 Paul de Wet, 23 Clayton Blommetjies.

I said beforehand that the Sharks flatter to deceive and have all the names and no game but I didn't think they'd be 0 for 4 with the draw they had even without their Bokke.

Disappointed with that one but we certainly were up against it and still in with a shot.

Wow, Steff Evans, what have you done there with that charged down kick. All that hard work in managing a tough game against the Lions and its given up in such an avoidable way. Scarlets will but absolutely gutted with that. Thought the Lions 10 had a very good game.

Turns out that Ospreys > Glasgow. :rolleyes: This round anyway.

Wow, Steff Evans, what have you done there with that charged down kick. All that hard work in managing a tough game against the Lions and its given up in such an avoidable way. Scarlets will but absolutely gutted with that. Thought the Lions 10 had a very good game.
I know. Scarlets played really well in large parts, but similar to Cardiff last night, they cough up easy points which always puts them at risk of letting the game slip.

On the plus side, Ioan Lloyd looked class at 10.

I know. Scarlets played really well in large parts, but similar to Cardiff last night, they cough up easy points which always puts them at risk of letting the game slip.

On the plus side, Ioan Lloyd looked class at 10.
Yeah shades of difficulties with mismanaging the game in both games, a lot of errors and playing in the wrong areas. Thankfully, that sort of thing is fixable in the long run.

Latest posts