• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

RBS 6... Nah, its better than that: Guinness Pro 12: R.15

ImageUploadedByRugby Forum1487334441.078730.jpg
I'd say we're around 7 or 8 off full strength but still a very good team. Would be hard to bet against Ospreys but I give us an ok chance and an lbp has to be our first job

View attachment 4821
I'd say we're around 7 or 8 off full strength but still a very good team. Would be hard to bet against Ospreys but I give us an ok chance and an lbp has to be our first job

Big loss is Jean Kleyn is out for 10weeks.
Starters we are down.
Niall Scannell
Donnacha Ryan
CJ Stander
Peter O'Mahony
Conor Murray
Keith Earls
Simon Zebo
Jean Kleyn
Jaco Taute.

With Horne returning from injury along with Bennet and Favaro being released from international duty I think Glasgow can actually sneak a victory. I still think that they'll lose though.

How do the releases from international duty work? It all seems a little random to me whether you are released or not and kind of undermines having a week off for the 6N.

With Horne returning from injury along with Bennet and Favaro being released from international duty I think Glasgow can actually sneak a victory. I still think that they'll lose though.

How do the releases from international duty work? It all seems a little random to me whether you are released or not and kind of undermines having a week off for the 6N.

It is random. If coach releases you then you can play

But if you are released does that mean you are less likely to start the next international?

But if you are released does that mean you are less likely to start the next international?

No every player may have different reason. If Schmidt wanted a player to get minutes with view of starting or simply to top up minutes of a player who's subbed. As I said there no real set reason.

Joey Carbery must improve his kicking to become a top class Irish 10, leaving a touchline conversion 5-10m short is weak.

Wonder what the wind is like.

PO'M may have just got his way into the 23 without doing anything.

Wind is surprisingly strong in fairness to carberys kick and mcgraths box kicks

Wonder what I should needlessly read into with Byrne coming on instead of Byrne.

And on the third phase he rose again #jc

Love the showboating on that try

Last edited:
VdF off with what looks like a shoulder injury. We might see Conan bench next weekend, the horror... ;)
I'd guess Peter O'Mahony. Was pulled from our camp Tuesday. And trained 100% with Ireland. Was fit to play with us dispite reports and Rassie saying so as he trained Monday in a contact game with us.

On Edinburgh - That's awful out there. This isn't even like a Leinster 3rd team. Molony is a god awful backrower, Carbery is unsure at 15 with McGrath on field as what now??
And not saying Leinster are playing bad but more with such a disjointed team for so long it shouldn't be the armchair ride.

As I said I'm not taking anything away from Leinster but any team that doesn't take advantage of opposition being completely disjointed mid-game is not deserving. Like OK not even slaughter them but at least don't let them slaughter you.

What happened to make Edinburgh capitulate? Edinburgh dominated for large spells that in the first half but lacked cutting edge. Commentators said indications are Scott Johnson will be looking for someone other than Duncan Hodge next season.

Also the Welsh coverage spoke to some Aussie or Kiwi (that used to play in Wales) at the Zebre match as part of the Zebre staff but i never caught his name. Does anyone know who he is and if he is standing in for Guidi until the end of the season?

What happened to make Edinburgh capitulate? Edinburgh dominated for large spells that in the first half but lacked cutting edge. Commentators said indications are Scott Johnson will be looking for someone other than Duncan Hodge next season.

Also the Welsh coverage spoke to some Aussie or Kiwi (that used to play in Wales) at the Zebre match as part of the Zebre staff but i never caught his name. Does anyone know who he is and if he is standing in for Guidi until the end of the season?
Saffa Roland de Marigny (yeah okay Imay have had to google that)
How did Edinburgh capitulate? Well, Leinster were quite inaccurate in the first half, and it must be said the Edinburgh backrow frustrated them a lot by constantly turning the ball over whenever Leinster got in a good attacking position. Likewise Edinburgh created some really good oppurtunities, but made some really bad mistakes and Leinster shut down any attempt to go wide. Second half Leinster played some beautiful rugby, simple as that really. Just ran rings around Edinburgh. Edinburgh's defence went from very good to complete dog crap.

Saffa Roland de Marigny (yeah okay Imay have had to google that)
How did Edinburgh capitulate? Well, Leinster were quite inaccurate in the first half, and it must be said the Edinburgh backrow frustrated them a lot by constantly turning the ball over whenever Leinster got in a good attacking position. Likewise Edinburgh created some really good oppurtunities, but made some really bad mistakes and Leinster shut down any attempt to go wide. Second half Leinster played some beautiful rugby, simple as that really. Just ran rings around Edinburgh. Edinburgh's defence went from very good to complete dog crap.

Bigger thing was how Leinster had it so easy despite being depleted. Yes they played fine rugby but Edinburgh never really made them look in trouble.

On game watches highlights again. Luke McGrath has a pass as bad as Tomas O'Leary was slated for. Itbwas highlighted more so when JGP came on and his passing was part of reason for 3 tries.

Bigger thing was how Leinster had it so easy despite being depleted. Yes they played fine rugby but Edinburgh never really made them look in trouble.

On game watches highlights again. Luke McGrath has a pass as bad as Tomas O'Leary was slated for. Itbwas highlighted more so when JGP came on and his passing was part of reason for 3 tries.

McGrath is an incredibly frustrating guy to watch, one week he'll look like a guy that you could bring into the Ireland 23 and let him play 15 mins without too much worry and then the next you want him dropped for Gibson-Park permanently.

Here Munster, could you not let O's get a bp? Thx, bye xx

Latest posts