• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

RBS 6 Nations - France vs England - 11/03/2012, 15:00

I understand PSA position for giving game time to Szar, as he is the first card after Servat retire.
Despite this, I feel he quickly has to study other options, as Szar is not showing any improvements in his weakness match after match. His launches are still sometimes awful, and he is still loosing too much ball when charging.

Beauxis starting NO!NO!NO!NO! :mad: France really does lack depth in the number 10 Guernsey.

Trinh duc is good but his kicking really lets him down which unfortunately I think a 10 needs to be able to do.

Beauxis is the opposite can kick the ball well, but when it comes to some attacking flair nothing.

Next 3 years france are going to have to find a suitable 10, hooker, another 2nd rower and a pacey winger to take over from Clerc. I believe we have depth and cover in other positions but these need to be looked at.

France have done the wrong tactic in my opinion by selecting "Boot"xis, as expected Philippe Saint-André is basically just wanting them to play like England style of play, but France trying to out-England England doesn't work, it was exactly what they tried to do in the World Cup in 2007 and they ended up losing to a team that was worse on paper

terrible selection by France, Fofana will get nothing from Beauxis he is poor, he held back Stade Français until they got rid and replaced him with Contepomi and they are now doing better with Contepomi at 10 than Beauxis

no doubt he will do a million drop goal attempts just so one freak one in 10 will get on Youtube and people will think he's good

"Boot"xis and Farrell as the teams respective fly halves doesn't suggest that there will be much free flowing rugby from either side, it will be a tight match and I have a funny feeling England will sneak it, they should at least beat the bookies handicap of 8 points

and by the way has anybody else noticed that Beauxis has started to look a bit chubby of late

Rougerie should have been dropped to the bench. Why not to play Fofana at 13, Trin-Duc at 12 and Parra at 10? I think it is much better than Beautixis at 10, Fofana at 12 and Rougerie at 13.

it shows to me that france are going to kick and chase kind of game. as they know England will just defend so there best bet is to use "Beauxis" to kick around. I guess we can expect a dull game compared to the englnd vs wales.

Can england raise there game again to and take it to the french?? we find out :D

I think Leicester coach Matt O'Connor's comments that ben youngs and flood should be in the starting line-up and without those 2 creative players England will never win games. What a load of bull.
WHo does he think he is?? Youngs has been MR. Clamity for awhile now, as soon as he puts the england shirt on he loses a few hundred brain cells.

Flood is a little unlucky but Lancasters policy (which i agree with) you HAVE to play players in-form. We learnt MJ was totally wrong picking players not in form. Is Flood better then charlie hodgson and should be kept in the squad? probably. but there must of been something Lancaster seen in training which he doesn't like about Flood and thinks he needs more games.
Its interesting

I know, O'Connors comments annoyed me too.
How can he possibly say Youngs should be starting at 9 after the performances he's put in?

Hopefully Foden is on top form, as he'll love having the ball kicked to him all day if he is.

France have done the wrong tactic in my opinion by selecting "Boot"xis, as expected Philippe Saint-André is basically just wanting them to play like England style of play, but France trying to out-England England doesn't work, it was exactly what they tried to do in the World Cup in 2007 and they ended up losing to a team that was worse on paper

terrible selection by France, Fofana will get nothing from Beauxis he is poor, he held back Stade Français until they got rid and replaced him with Contepomi and they are now doing better with Contepomi at 10 than Beauxis

no doubt he will do a million drop goal attempts just so one freak one in 10 will get on Youtube and people will think he's good

"Boot"xis and Farrell as the teams respective fly halves doesn't suggest that there will be much free flowing rugby from either side, it will be a tight match and I have a funny feeling England will sneak it, they should at least beat the bookies handicap of 8 points

and by the way has anybody else noticed that Beauxis has started to look a bit chubby of late

Would I be correct in saying you're not a big fan of Beauxis'

Can someone explain me where is the logic if PSA selects Szar instead of Servat to give some experience to youngsters but he keeps Mermoz on the bench...I like Rougerie but he's too old now and way too predictible.

I agree that Trinh-Duc and Parra are better 9-10s and they're definetly my personal favourite, but I still believe there is method in PSA's madness! This 6Nations we always start badly, under pressure in our own half and "boot"xis kicking game will hopefully relieve some of that pressure. Also if we can keep the 130% sucess rate in the line out that we had against Ireland a good kicking game could really work to our advantage! The only reason I can think of to why choose Dupuy over Parra is because Dupuy and Beauxis played at the Stade Français together. Personally I would choose Parra every time! I really rate him as a rugby player!

Rougerie really made a mess of he's last 2 games I'm not going to denie that! However Fofana is still reletively new to international rugby and Rougerie offers him a lot of guidance and reassurance. Although Fofana is obviously an extremely capable player I still think taking Rougerie's experience away from Fofana so soon would be a mistake.

No idea about Servat though! He rocks we should let him start every game till he retires! :)

Szar offers more around the pitch then servat. If you actually see him he gets around a lot more the servat does.

Szar offers more around the pitch then servat. If you actually see him he gets around a lot more the servat does.

He certainly is more mobile than Servat but his tackling is suspect and he has a tendency to lose the ball when going into contact. He also seems to get himself isolated on occasions. So I understand the concern from the French posters here but the problem France has is that Servat is not likely to be around in 2015 and I guess PSA is hoping that the extra matches that Szar gets will bring him on.

Launchbury, Sharples and Turner-Hall all released back to their clubs today.

Just to confirm...

ISSUED ON BEHALF OF THE RFU

The following players will return to Pennyhill Park on Thursday evening to train with England ahead of Sunday's RBS 6 Nations match against France at Stade de France.

Forwards (13)

Mouritz Botha (Saracens)
Alex Corbisiero (London Irish)
Dan Cole (Leicester Tigers)
Tom Croft (Leicester Tigers)
Phil Dowson (Northampton Saints)
Dylan Hartley (Northampton Saints)
Joe Marler (Harlequins)
Ben Morgan (Scarlets)
Tom Palmer (Stade Francais)
Geoff Parling (Leicester Tigers)
Chris Robshaw (Harlequins)