• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

RC2006 Info

its true yeh that you had to endure two games with fully licensed super 12.... but look at those games. and if you dont know the ones go down to the pre-owned section of any gaming store.

Hello Trev, welcome back.
Has jumping been added to the game?
Are mauls or rucks going to be manually done?

thanks trev for answering questions. a few more if possible though

could you possibly tell us the rankings for a few teams like, wales, new zealand, england

Originally posted by lionmaul@Sep 24 2005, 12:29 AM
<
Youve been asking that question for the last 2-3 years. I can't imagine your response when you finally get jumping in a rugby union/league game.

Thanks for the update Trev. Appreciate that you'd take the time to keep us informed.

Originally posted by Serge+Sep 24 2005, 06:47 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Serge @ Sep 24 2005, 06:47 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-lionmaul
@Sep 24 2005, 12:29 AM
<
Youve been asking that question for the last 2-3 years. I can't imagine your response when you finally get jumping in a rugby union/league game. [/b]
You have never played rugby 2005 then serge...Jumping is included in rugby 2005.

Originally posted by Trev@Swordfish@Sep 23 2005, 09:53 PM
Are the TRF posters in the game? ... of course they are. Everyone who posted their details has been included in the career mode pool. Haven't got time to go into that now because it's pretty extensive, but will try later - or Ian will.
I wasn't going to buy this game to be honest, but with this I may just go out and get it.

Cheers Trev!

Few more answers:

Jumping ... I'm afraid not. It's the one feature that we included in JLR and really wanted to get into WCR and then RC2006 that we have just not been able to get right. I know people say that gameplay is everything and the graphics do not count (which is how we got away with jumping in JLR
<
) but that's just not true really. We could not get it to work well enough in the time, so we dropped it.

Team rankings. You know we've had so much grief for making England the best team in WCR ... but they had just won the bloody World Cup. They WERE the best team in the world. Unfortunately that's not the case any more. I think England, France, Wales and Ireland are all ranked on a fairly even keel. It makes the game more interesting too. The AB's are probably the best team this time, with Australia next - although we may have to drop them a bit on recent form.
<
We have club teams this time too, so there's a lot more variety.

SH teams? ... we have some competitions and stuff but to be honest, we could not get any SH licenses. We have as much SH content as the NH part of the game, but they do not have the real player names. You can rename them of course.

If I've forgotten any questions post them up again. These threads get a bit unwieldy.

Well one thing I would like to know is if any media/demos are going to be made available but realise that isn't necessarily down to you guys! Failing that, could we have a bit more on rucks and contact- tackling options etc? Cheers guys

... thought I'd bounce back here after a few months away...

cheers for taking time to correspond trevor...

My questions are -

Is there really up to 450 official teams?

If so, what comps does it cover, can you type a Y if included or N if not, beside the following;

Zurich Prem = Y
English First Div =
Celtic League = Y
French Top 16 = Y

Heineken Cup extra teams (Italians) =
Challenge Cup extra teams (Italians/Spanish/Romanians) =

Super 12 =
NPC =
Currie Cup =
Australian Clubs =

Lions (unofficial/official) =
Barbarians =
Islanders =
Maori =

National teams outside the top 20 in world =

And secondly...

Can we play the classical teams against the teams of the current era? or just in classic mode, classic v classic?

And Finally...

Is it possible to make changes/reposition the players during a match or for team registration? i.e move a winger to centre or vice-versa... what sort of team tactical/positional management is there if any, can you transfer players to and fro between teams to keep all the squads up-to-date?

Cheers Trevor!!!

Its nice to be back on here again... tho it seems kinda quiet? Whats been happening on trf these days?

shot trevor!!!

ive read on and on and is sounding really good!

question time...

1.you have alot of game modes this time as i was reading before,there seems to be more a more indepth season/franchise mode..could you confirm this? and if so a quick summary of how the season mode works?

2.gameplay gameplay gameplay!..im more interested in how it plays then anything else,so how is the fluidity of the game in comparison to wcr?..coz locks said it was the same but he added that extras had been added so how much of the wcr mechanics have you tweaked or changed?

3.THE PLAYERS!!!! AND DA TEAMS!!!!...do they have fair ratings?,i think rugby 2005 from ea sports got the international teams/international players stats right!..however in wcr minnow
teams were handicapped by having much slower players,or pitiful defences or useless scrums...etc
have you panned this out?...like will argentina have the life like scrums and usually dominate?..and will the pacific island teams have the faster backs?
and do the players have stats that are visible?can we adjust these stats?

4.quick line-outs?

5.on the xbox will it have the hd music capability?

6.could yoo post a picture of me
PLEEEEEEEZZZZZZZZZZ!!!!!!!!!!!!
IM IN THE GAME BABY!!!!!!! WAHOOOOOOOOOOO!111

Originally posted by Trev@Swordfish@Sep 24 2005, 09:19 AM
Few more answers:

Jumping ... I'm afraid not. It's the one feature that we included in JLR and really wanted to get into WCR and then RC2006 that we have just not been able to get right. I know people say that gameplay is everything and the graphics do not count (which is how we got away with jumping in JLR 
<
  ) but that's just not true really. We could not get it to work well enough in the time, so we dropped it.

Team rankings. You know we've had so much grief for making England the best team in WCR ... but they had just won the bloody World Cup. They WERE the best team in the world. Unfortunately that's not the case any more. I think England, France, Wales and Ireland are all ranked on a fairly even keel. It makes the game more interesting too. The AB's are probably the best team this time, with Australia next - although we may have to drop them a bit on recent form. 
<

SH teams? ... we have some competitions and stuff but to be honest, we could not get any SH licenses. We have as much SH content as the NH part of the game, but they do not have the real player names. You can rename them of course.

If I've forgotten any questions post them up again. These threads get a bit unwieldy.
OK trev you win!
I was originally gonna bar your game because Rugby League 2 is coming out soon and is looking so kick ass, but it really sounds like you guys have done a great job with RC2006! I'll have to get it on PC though, because I'll need to adjust all the SH kits, names etc and make sure England still aren't the No.1 ranked team in your game
<

Bit of a bugger about the jumping... Give Sidhe a call, they've somehow managed to get it into their game, maybe they'll divulge their secret!

Just out of curiosity, considering the absolute and utter thumping the Lions received at the hands of the All Blacks this yr, what rating will the Lions have?

Originally posted by robbinho+Sep 23 2005, 11:51 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (robbinho @ Sep 23 2005, 11:51 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-sambad5
@Sep 23 2005, 10:37 PM
what will be the the happs with the southern teams? and will this game be blatiantly bias towards the northerners again?
Argh, quite your whinging! We've had to put up with two EA games with fully licensed Super 12 and completely unlicensed, incomplete northern hemisphere teams and competitions. It's out turn now. Plus YOU ARE GOING TO BE IN THE GAME!!!!!!!!!!!1 [/b]
aah but your forgetting, they were both utter ****
<

yeah trev, how is subs going to work/depth? will each team have subs and reserves, or have the 15 only. (like wcr) i dont really care if the names are made up (especially if im one
<
) but i like scrolling through players and making 2nd string teams etc....

ps: if ive got crap ratings, or am classed as a australian, or a pom, im coming after you.
<

Originally posted by sanzar+Sep 24 2005, 12:08 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (sanzar @ Sep 24 2005, 12:08 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Trev@Swordfish
@Sep 24 2005, 09:19 AM
Few more answers:

<

<

OK trev you win!
I was originally gonna bar your game because Rugby League 2 is coming out soon and is looking so kick ass, but it really sounds like you guys have done a great job with RC2006! I'll have to get it on PC though, because I'll need to adjust all the SH kits, names etc and make sure England still aren't the No.1 ranked team in your game
<

Bit of a bugger about the jumping... Give Sidhe a call, they've somehow managed to get it into their game, maybe they'll divulge their secret!

Just out of curiosity, considering the absolute and utter thumping the Lions received at the hands of the All Blacks this yr, what rating will the Lions have? [/b]
I'm gonna wait to play RL2 before i judge it, people seem to be overhying it a lot... the gameplay i saw on the footy show looked alright but some of the passes seemed a bit weird.

Hey Trevor,

1. Would it be possible to list the Southern Hemisphere tournaments in whatever name you call them?

2. For the unlicensed players, are they random names like last time or are they like Danny Karta, for Daniel Carter for example?

3. Is diving for the ball in the in goal included? And kicking the ball along the ground? I don't know why but I've always found the loose ball aspect of the game important.

Thanks!

does the RC2006 still hav the speed meter??
so do the players still slow down after running bat 20-30 meters??

thanx

Originally posted by nik@Sep 24 2005, 07:21 PM
does the RC2006 still hav the speed meter??
so do the players still slow down after running bat 20-30 meters??

thanx
I'm fairly sure Lox said it did indeed still have the exact same spriny meter.

Originally posted by umosay+Sep 24 2005, 03:38 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (umosay @ Sep 24 2005, 03:38 PM)</div>
Originally posted by sanzar@Sep 24 2005, 12:08 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Trev@Swordfish
@Sep 24 2005, 09:19 AM
Few more answers:

<

<

OK trev you win!
<

Just out of curiosity, considering the absolute and utter thumping the Lions received at the hands of the All Blacks this yr, what rating will the Lions have?
I'm gonna wait to play RL2 before i judge it, people seem to be overhying it a lot... the gameplay i saw on the footy show looked alright but some of the passes seemed a bit weird. [/b]
they showed less than 10 seconds of footage, so it's a bit hard to judge... but yeah, better to reserve judgement till we get our hands on it.

I will let Ian answer on exactly what tournaments are in the game - I will probably miss some out - I only really play exhibition matches whilst testing stuff out.

Not sure about whether a demo will be produced. I know that seems a bit mad when the game is going to ship in November, but that's really down to Hip and Ubisoft to decide.

Latest posts