• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

RC2006 Info

ok trev said that we are in the game, well as you are aware there have been a constant trickle of people adding there stats till only rescently - i wondered if trev or anyone can tell us the cut off point to when they stopped adding the forum details - i added mine in march and wondered if id still be in the game.

Originally posted by loratadine@Sep 30 2005, 07:37 AM
ok trev said that we are in the game, well as you are aware there have been a constant trickle of people adding there stats till only rescently - i wondered if trev or anyone can tell us the cut off point to when they stopped adding the forum details - i added mine in march and wondered if id still be in the game.
I'm thinking you'll be in there. It's them peeps that tried it on in recent months, possibly as far back as July that might be sweating.

But March was full of hype, even though the topic was started August 2004.

i hope im in - i could treble sales in wales - everyone i know is buying a copy to see me.

I'm not sure when the cut-off was, if someone PM's Ian he will confirm for you.

i dont think there is...only just a team editor,a name a team and stuff

i dont think you can alter players stats too...

any sliders on this game?...or any options to adjust certain aspects..like limiting knock-ons

damn, that sucks then
<

Will we be able to edit the teams starting line-up and squads, ie if I wanted to move a player from one team to another.

To anyone who has WRC on pc, could you easily edit strips by changing the text files in photoshop? If so will you still be able to in RC2006?

Big one for me please Trev. I know you don`t have licenses for SH but

1) Can you edit the names of the teams
2) Player names(easily)
3) Do the SH players at least look like the real players
4) Can you easily edit players features body etc.
5) Do the Super 14 kits at least look similiar to the new ones

Thanks

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
Hi,

1) Yes
2) Yes
3) No, as we don't have any SH licenses we were under strict orders not to have player likenesses due to issues arising after the publication of WCR.
4) Similar, but we had to be cautious due to 3)
5) No, I'm afraid not.

Cheers

Ian

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE
1) Can you edit the names of the teams
2) Can you edit the Player names
3) Do the SH players look like the real players
4) Do the Super 14 kits look similiar to the new ones
5) Can you move players between teams

Thanks[/b]
[/b][/quote]

hey

can you easily edit the files in the pc version of RC2006. such as the kits, player faces etc?

thanks

Thats a bit disappointing with player likenesses, WCR looked pretty good and it was easy to tell who was who.

Okay as long as they look sort of like them from a distance?

AndI don't suppose the names are fairly similar a la BLIC?

Is their a set limit number of teams? for example if we recreate the NPC will we have to replace teams like you had to do on Rugby 2001?

Have you gone to extreme lengths to try to prevent mods like Rugby 04 and 05 or have you left it open so it is possible to have correct player likenesses, kits, teams e.t.c like Brian Lara Cricket.

As you can tell, im planning to get it on PC.

Pity about the lack of SH player likenesses, lets just hope the names are similar...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
No our legal advice was to move all the SH content away from being able to relate to the real thing, so even rough likenesses and similar names were advised against.

Cheers

Ian

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE
Thanks for the quick reply, I have a couple more questions if you don't mind.

1) Are the players similar to th real thing, ie is Brent Russel a small white bolnd guy.
2) Are their names similar, ie Brent Russel = Brad Ruttel

Thanks[/b]
[/b][/quote]

The SH content was probably worth leaving out, with no names its ok, but no likeness it wont even seem real. A create a player would have fixed this but that isnt their either so my as well have international SH team and flag the rest. I am from the SH but F**K IT, i will be playing with liscensed NH club and mabe even international rather than trying to kid myself.

The likenesses in WRC were good and unlicensed what gives?!!?

Reading between the lines it sounds like they probably got a warning of some sort for likenesses in unlicensed teams. I know it's a real pisser for you SH guys (we understand after Rugby 2005) and we all like to play with licensed teams from all over he world, but I'm sure they would have done their best with the orders they received - at least it sounds like they've nailed the gameplay this time!

Meh, I don't mind too much. I too will be playing a fair bit of NH stuff, but I will play around with the SH content. It sucks how they couldn't even give off basic likeness like hair colour? Seems a bit strange to me...

...Although, so did Tuffey (Taffee) with his white skin and booffy hair in BLIC.

Latest posts