• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

RC2006 Info

That sux, but dosent this game have a career mode? if so wont it involve lower divisions with promotions and relegations etc. ohterwise whats the point?

Originally posted by CeeJay@Oct 8 2005, 12:01 AM
That sux, but dosent this game have a career mode? if so wont it involve lower divisions with promotions and relegations etc. ohterwise whats the point?
I can't definately say whether or not the game ships with the lower divisions, ie. National League One, but I've only seen the Guiness Premiership mentioned as an officially licensed English League.
<

Still, look on the brightside...Northampton in all their licensed glory.
<

Originally posted by SaintsFan_Webby+Oct 8 2005, 07:16 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SaintsFan_Webby @ Oct 8 2005, 07:16 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-CeeJay
@Oct 8 2005, 12:01 AM
I can't definately say whether or not the game ships with the lower divisions, ie. National League One, but I've only seen the Guiness Premiership mentioned as an officially licensed English League.
<

Still, look on the brightside...Northampton in all their licensed glory.
<
[/b]
So you can't send all the best Saints players to Bedford before bring in some utter shite? So you Can't pretend to be John Steele?
<

Will players have the proper away kits and will you be able to select which kit to play in

eg northampton yellow kit

Another question from me, I know the game is anashamedly arcadey, but what about penalties etc? Does the AI infringe to give a more realistic number of penalties etc. Was always a miracle to get one on Rugby 2005 against the AI, but obviously kicking penalties is now an important part of union. Your thoughts Locks and Knowsley?

Shame there doesn't appear to be National League 1...wouldn't have thought it would have cost much to get the licences.

***an (Formerly Rothrich)

Is Franklins Gardens on the game mate, and if they arew is the new upper tier to the South stand up?? Probably not, but apart from that, is the stadia official?

Thanks Trev

My Question for Trev and the Swordfish team.................

I felt the main problem with the original WCR was a lack of depth. It actually felt more like a game of rugby league, and nothing like the real game of rugby union. Although rugby 2005 by EA sports is full of bugs and gameplay problems, it does at least feel like rugby union, and has enough depth to give the game some longevity. With WCR I could only play for about 10 minutes before i got bored. It was just far too simple, and seemed like it was aimed for kids

Can the team tell me what has been done to rectify these problem, and turn Rugby Challenge 2006 into a proper, grown up rugby union experience?

Many thanks

James

You want the rundown?

Basically from what screams of agony from Kaf, im guessing the release date for Rugby Challenge 2006 is being put back to Feb 2006.

I bl**dy well hope not.

It wouldnt be the first time! but february is a long way off, and considering locksley played and previewd what sounds like a pretty good game, it must be nearly finished, so why wait tiil Feb?

Trev did say November. Thought they were just ironing a few things out with gliches and wot not. hopes its nothin 2 do with that goal line defence locks was talkin about.

Trev would've posted somethin, if it was held back ... surely

I dunno, look what happened with mario, he said it was still on track for september and then boom!

Originally posted by ***an@Oct 14 2005, 06:35 AM
Aargh! The release date on Play is now 25 February 2006! Say it ain't so - anybody!!
<

First I've heard about a Feb 06 release ... but that does not necessarily mean that it's not true. The game is actually finished, so the only thing I can think of is if Hip/Ubisoft have decided the Christmas run-in is too packed with high profile ***les.

Nah .. they wouldn't do that. Would they?

I'll try and find out.

Latest posts