• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

RC2006 Info

That would be a shame,as I can't think of a better x-mas present.

lora,so you've finally decided to leave us
<

Thanks Trev - hopefully Hp/Ubisoft realise that there is quite a buzz about this game. And let's face it, there aren't any major ***les coming out this year - are there??

pes 5, smackdown vs raw 2006, football manager 2006 and of course resident evil 4.

if its still the 11th november, the only other big release i can think of is half-life 2. rugby league xbox isn't til december. although on ps2 its about 2 wks away. can't think that would stop it tho.

check amazon release dates after wkend to c if they change to feb.
in my opinion it'll not b delayed any longer, no plausible reason 4 doing so

hope february release ain true as i don play many games on ma xbox may get fifa 06 but waitin till february will seem forever, plz find out trev lol

5 posts 2day

Hopefully it wil be released for Christmas... in australia. Maybe THQ will do something else with the release date.

Yeah, waiting for this game from what read is horrible.

Some footage would really get my boat rocking.,,
<

Hopefuly there will be some news soon re the relase date - some sites (including Game!) are listing it as 28 October; majority say 11 November but Play are saying February next year. If the game really is going to be released next month, a date will have to be announced soon surely.....
<

gamespot is an american site aint it?

locks mate can we have some footage, cheers.

I thought this was Q&A thread but it seems to have gone dead! I really want to know how 'deep' rugby challenge 2006 will be compared to the previuos attempt which looked good but was too arcadey and simple. (no offence to Swordfish team)

Although EA have made some appaling sports games one thing I like about them is there depth/tactical variation etc etc I think a rugby game needs this because in real life it is a complex game with many levels. I would love to see this properly represented in a rugby game. i.e a bit more simulation. Is rugby challenge still leaning towards an arcade game or is there something more?

Originally posted by jimmy44@Oct 21 2005, 10:35 PM
I thought this was Q&A thread but it seems to have gone dead! I really want to know how 'deep' rugby challenge 2006 will be compared to the previuos attempt which looked good but was too arcadey and simple. (no offence to Swordfish team)

That's a really difficult question to answer easily on a forum. It really depends on why you felt WCR was arcadey. RC2006 looks a bit more realistic, has much more realistic animations and does have more depth to the gameplay.

It is still not a simulation though - that was never our intention.

All of the information I have points to a mid-Nov 05 release date. I will post here if I hear anything else.

brilliant, any chance of some in game footage, it would really spice things up and wet my apetite

Does anyone know anything about penatlies in matches, especially against the AI. More penalty kick chances would be pretty cool.

Also, I've noticed the radar on some screenshots and the attacking teams fullback hasn't joined line - just stays back, aka WCR. JLR was great for attacking fullback, plus if u got a turnover there was no cover. Adds to the gameplay on both sides, if u know wot i mean.

Any feedback would be great

PS Just a thought, but since we're in the game we should get a Rugby Forum team together for the career mode. Would be cool as hell - us against the world. lol

Trev, can I ask you another Q please...

How many player can you have in your side, I mean...with your first 15 you need 5 replacements, and I wanted to know if there is a salary cap to your team or would you need to keep to a limit of players instead of money?

Latest posts