• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

RC2006 Info

Cheers trev 2 quick questions
1. Will u be able 2 select ur strtin lineup this time or will it be like wcr where u hav 2 hav the one they choose

2.does the fullback join in attacks with th rest of th backline or does he just stand there doin nothin for the whole match like in some rugby games

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

<
im confused lol
<

You mean, you're not the same people? But you both have the same name, same favourite team, AND same favourite player.

Geez now that is odd! their IP's are different and so i'm guessing it's for real, but same fav player and same name wtf!

One has capital S and 2 spaces between the words, this obvoiusly is enough!! how funny!!

When you kick it in open play does the ball fly ridiculously high or can you drill it into the corners?

i hated it on wcr when you kicked it the full back or wing would always be waiting to catch it!

me and sarries fan r difrent people and castaignede rules all

and wot is con fusing

I think I saw it in locklseys review or something, but it said that the fullback can no longer catch on the full everytime.

Originally posted by The Kiddie@Oct 29 2005, 06:19 AM
Trev, can you (or anyone else) clarify if the full back joins the attacking line?

I believe the trigger for him to do it is actually in the game, but to be honest I have not seen him do it in any of the recent builds. All of the checks that are done rule it out most times. I think you will only see this very rarely (if ever).

Originally posted by Sarries_fan@Oct 29 2005, 11:27 AM
Cheers trev 2 quick questions
1. Will u be able 2 select ur strtin lineup this time or will it be like wcr where u hav 2 hav the one they choose

Yes ... you select your starting line-up from the squad before the game. So you can put Jason Robinson on the wing if you want.
<

Excuse my ignorance, I'm not really much of a videogames man myself (or a rugby man for that matter), but how exactly is the passing implemented in this game? Is it the same as WCR, and can you actually throw bad passes this time? Because in WCR as long as I didn't pass left when running down the left touchline, every one of my passes could find it's man, and everyone of them were bulletpasses.

How many people can you skip?

I read that there is a new goal kicking system, can you explain it please?

Thank you and god bless.

Good to see you still posting Trev, any chance of a quick talk through career mode or is that far too complex to explain?

Originally posted by Flamingo@Oct 30 2005, 06:06 AM
When you kick it in open play does the ball fly ridiculously high or can you drill it into the corners?

i hated it on wcr when you kicked it the full back or wing would always be waiting to catch it!

Yeah ... that was an issue we had to sort out from WCR.

The trajectory of kicks is much lower now. Drilling for the corners is a big part of the gameplay now. You can play territory rugby rather than having the FB or wing catch every time and shove it back to you.

I actually think this is as important an addition as forward play. Nothing more satisfying than smashing a kick across the park from just outside your 22 and watching it bounce and roll into touch 5m from your opponents in-goal.

Also wonderd if you could clarify your post from the thread about US release... do the 'problems' concern the European and other releases or just the US one? Thanks again for all the info

Originally posted by toup@Oct 30 2005, 10:25 PM
Good to see you still posting Trev, any chance of a quick talk through career mode or is that far too complex to explain?

To be honest, I have not played career mode that extensively myself. I tend to play friendly matches with specific teams to check balance and gameplay.

You choose a team and then play through the seasons (I think you start in Division 4). You can train your players with practise games - which are small sub-games and you can also buy and sell players at various times of the season. There's loads more to it but I cannot recall all of the details.

Trev

One or two from me if you don't mind.

1. Is Franklins Gardens in the game? (Northampton) and is it detailed?

2. Is all the GP kits fully licensed and identicle?

Thanks, I know you have a lot to go through, And I would appreciatte it if you replied to my post.

Thank's Trev

Originally posted by The Hoff@Oct 30 2005, 10:23 PM
Excuse my ignorance, I'm not really much of a videogames man myself (or a rugby man for that matter), but how exactly is the passing implemented in this game? Is it the same as WCR, and can you actually throw bad passes this time? Because in WCR as long as I didn't pass left when running down the left touchline, every one of my passes could find it's man, and everyone of them were bulletpasses.

How many people can you skip?

I read that there is a new goal kicking system, can you explain it please?

Thank you and god bless.

The passing is similar to WCR. You do throw wild passes every now and again and you do knock-on occasionally. The teams with worse stats tend to throw loose more often, but most people play the game with the best teams and that's why the passes stick.

You can throw a miss-pass by double tapping the pass button.

The goal-kicking system is all new and I love it. I would need diagrams and more time than I have now to explain tho.
<

Latest posts