• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

RC2006 Info

T

Trev@Swordfish

OK .... the guys at Hip have very kindly agreed that we can answer some questions about RC2006 on this site ... as we did for WCR. Our absence has not been of our own choosing - things have been a bit complicated over the past few months - but we are here now.

Rugby Challenge 2006 is going to be co-published by Hip and Ubisoft, so you will still see lots of branding from the Hip guys.

We are obviously very busy at the moment trying to get the game fully debugged and balanced, but both myself and Ian will try and log on at least once a day to answer questions.

To start off and answer a couple of questions I get emailed about 10 times a day:

1. When is the release date? ... to be honest I'm not sure exactly when we will street, but it will not be in 2 weeks ... unless there is a miracle and time stands still for a while. It's not really my place to say, and it will probably depend upon your territory but if you think Oct/Nov you're probably not far off.

2. Will it ship in Australia/NZ? ... I *think* it is being distributed by THQ down under, but is def shipping there. NB. If it's not THQ and you are the distributer then please do not sue me!
<

3. Will it ship in the USA? ... erm, don't know to be honest.

4. Is RC2006 better than WCR? ... lol ... nah, we spent the last year making it crap! Of course it is. We even listened to some of the stuff you didn't like about WCR.
<
The most complained about things in WCR was: lack of licenses, button bashing scrum/maul mechanic, no offloads and too arcadey. We dealt with all of these and a load more.

Right, work to do. We will try and answer what we can.

Thank you very much for your time Trev, we really appreciate you coming on here to answer questions.

Stickied. And if you ask questions, please be patient.

Hi Trev - glad to see you ungagged!

As someone who emailed you after the orginal WCR, I pleased to hear you read some of them - especially the button bashing on scrums!

A few questions to start with:

- how are scrums handled now?

- can you create / design your own teams, or are all squads fixed?

- can you touch the ball down in your own in goal this time, or do you have to stand there waiting to be tackled again?!

- how long is the advantage after knockons / penalties? (Seemed too short on WCR)

- player editing / creation - can you adjust existing player skills or just rename them? can you create new players? Roughly what % of player names are real/correct?

- classic matches - are there any this time? Can you unlock the classic teams for play in other modes?

- whats in the career mode apart from just choosing a team and playing a few matches?

cheers

My question...

Do all the NH club sides come complete with official kits, player names etc?

really appreciate you taking time out there mate. thats really kool of you, its more than ea bloody do.

Originally posted by loratadine@Sep 23 2005, 04:15 AM
really appreciate you taking time out there mate. thats really kool of you, its more than ea[B/] bloody do.

ea???

Great customer (or potential customer) service guys. If at all possible I'd like some clarification on the teams and players available - 450 sounds like a lot of teams and assume the 2000 players are the official ones, to be supported by fictional ones? Would love a quick guide to what teams are in the game.

ok my questions are

can you have cpu vs cpu matches ... i am sad - but id love if there was.
is it possible to shed some light on the carear mode.

This is truly great TREV

Awesome stuff

Cant wait till confirmed down under release date - even if its too far, i will order from the motherland, where the ASHES are holidaying at the mo
<

great to see you and Ian back trev. can't think of a question but i believe moncao corp distribute for ubisoft in new zealand

1. has this game fixed the "hugging" tackle? the one where a maul instantly starts?

2. is there momentum in rucks?

Have to be really quick as busy at the moment, but some quick answers:

Hugging tackle is fixed - you only get a few mauls a game now, much more realistic rate.

Lots of broken tackles, which really adds to the gameplay. Forward play is a big deal now.

No CPU vs CPU matches I'm afraid. Watch the TV!

Can obviously touch ball down in your own in-goal now - that was just dumb before.
<

Classic matches - yes.

Advantage length is tweaked to work in-game. It's a gameplay element so the length is balanced to the game rather than being realistic.

The NH leagues that are licensed come with correct kits, badges, players etc. Will post the list seperately but we have English, French, Celtic etc. plus internationals.

Momentum in rucks ... we're just working on the balancing for the rucks at the moment. That's probably the most important contact point for us to get right. If someone gets isolated then he should be turned over, but if it's more even the team in possession should usually retain and re-cycle.

Are the TRF posters in the game? ... of course they are. Everyone who posted their details has been included in the career mode pool. Haven't got time to go into that now because it's pretty extensive, but will try later - or Ian will.

Ok ... work to do.

Originally posted by Trev@Swordfish@Sep 23 2005, 09:53 PM
Classic matches - yes.

The NH leagues that are licensed come with correct kits, badges, players etc. Will post the list seperately but we have English, French, Celtic etc. plus internationals.

Are the TRF posters in the game? ... of course they are. Everyone who posted their details has been included in the career mode pool
hey trev,

what classic matches?

what will be the the happs with the southern teams? and will this game be blatiantly bias towards the northerners again?

and...

WOO HOO, were in a game boyz! going to buy it just to see me in it!

your the man trev, the man

Originally posted by sambad5@Sep 23 2005, 10:37 PM
what will be the the happs with the southern teams? and will this game be blatiantly bias towards the northerners again?
Argh, quite your whinging! We've had to put up with two EA games with fully licensed Super 12 and completely unlicensed, incomplete northern hemisphere teams and competitions. It's out turn now. Plus YOU ARE GOING TO BE IN THE GAME!!!!!!!!!!!1

Latest posts