• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

RC2006 Info

Originally posted by saintsfan24_7@Oct 30 2005, 10:32 PM
Trev

One or two from me if you don't mind.

1. Is Franklins Gardens in the game? (Northampton) and is it detailed?

2. Is all the GP kits fully licensed and identicle?

Thanks, I know you have a lot to go through, And I would appreciatte it if you replied to my post.

Thank's Trev

1. No ... none of the specific provincial/regional stadia are in the game. This would have been just too much of an undertaking for the budget we had.

2. Yup ... GP, Top14, Celtic League.

Originally posted by Trev@Swordfish+Oct 30 2005, 10:35 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Trev@Swordfish @ Oct 30 2005, 10:35 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-The Hoff
@Oct 30 2005, 10:23 PM
Excuse my ignorance, I'm not really much of a videogames man myself (or a rugby man for that matter), but how exactly is the passing implemented in this game? Is it the same as WCR, and can you actually throw bad passes this time? Because in WCR as long as I didn't pass left when running down the left touchline, every one of my passes could find it's man, and everyone of them were bulletpasses.

How many people can you skip?

I read that there is a new goal kicking system, can you explain it please?

Thank you and god bless.

The passing is similar to WCR. You do throw wild passes every now and again and you do knock-on occasionally. The teams with worse stats tend to throw loose more often, but most people play the game with the best teams and that's why the passes stick.

You can throw a miss-pass by double tapping the pass button.

The goal-kicking system is all new and I love it. I would need diagrams and more time than I have now to explain tho.
<
[/b]
What? No time to draw diagrams!!!!
<
Thanks for all the info... don't mean to be greedy and ask loads of questions, but seems a shame to waste a 'developer question time'. Going back to what you said about testing the game for balance, how do you feel you've done with that? Do weaker teams have no chance at all against stronger ones for example? And do you have more success when playing to a team's strengths - eg. keeping it in the forwards with teams with strong packs? Sorry for all the questions... the sooner this comes out the sooner you guy get a break!

Originally posted by Trev@Swordfish+Oct 30 2005, 10:35 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Trev@Swordfish @ Oct 30 2005, 10:35 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-The Hoff
@Oct 30 2005, 10:23 PM
Excuse my ignorance, I'm not really much of a videogames man myself (or a rugby man for that matter), but how exactly is the passing implemented in this game? Is it the same as WCR, and can you actually throw bad passes this time? Because in WCR as long as I didn't pass left when running down the left touchline, every one of my passes could find it's man, and everyone of them were bulletpasses.

How many people can you skip?

I read that there is a new goal kicking system, can you explain it please?

Thank you and god bless.

The passing is similar to WCR. You do throw wild passes every now and again and you do knock-on occasionally. The teams with worse stats tend to throw loose more often, but most people play the game with the best teams and that's why the passes stick.

You can throw a miss-pass by double tapping the pass button.

The goal-kicking system is all new and I love it. I would need diagrams and more time than I have now to explain tho.
<
[/b]
Cheers Trev baby, good timing on the reply.

I just have to ask, the dropping animation from WCR (the one where the player bends down to recieve at his feet, only to spill the ball forwards and have the arms flailing about like a wild chook....with arms), is it still there? Damn that looked cool.

Thanks for that Trev, so every team will play in one stadium then, week in week out?

What stadiums ARE there?

are the forwards aot better in this game, by this i mean can they have a genuinly big impact on the game. Can they actually run fast, and can you really initiate there size to gain advantage over smaller players.

Originally posted by loratadine@Oct 31 2005, 10:03 PM
are the forwards aot better in this game, by this i mean can they have a genuinly big impact on the game. Can they actually run fast, and can you really initiate there size to gain advantage over smaller players.

Yes.
<

ok i know its been mentioned before, but did u manage to get round to updating australlia to make them worse, cos i heared there the best in game along with the all blacks, but they have gons on a big loosing streak, so did you manage to lower there stats.

do each players have unique individual stats
are these stats visible

is jonah lomu in the game.

Another question for you Trev or Ian, I know it's been asked before but what's the penalty count like in the game? It is always nice if you get a chance to have a go with the boot, and find in most games that the AI almost never infringes... this still the case? Nothing like hitting a long range penalty to clinch a tight game!

Originally posted by loratadine@Nov 1 2005, 12:10 AM
ok i know its been mentioned before, but did u manage to get round to updating australlia to make them worse, cos i heared there the best in game along with the all blacks, but they have gons on a big loosing streak, so did you manage to lower there stats.

do each players have unique individual stats
are these stats visible

is jonah lomu in the game.

If we reduce the stats on Australia we would have been able to hear the cries of derision all the way across on the other side of the world. I still get emails demanding to know why England were the best team in WCR when clearly NZ/Australia/France/Ireland were better (delete as appropriate). Erm ... England had just won the world cup and that was on the back of a crushing SH tour. They were clearly the best team in the world at that moment - although an England vs AB world cup final would have been interesting.
<

In RC2006 the teams are more balanced. You should be able to compete well in any of the tournaments with any of the top teams.

Players do have individual stats. And yes you can see them.

Jonah Lomu? ... have to wait and see.
<

Originally posted by toup@Nov 1 2005, 12:41 AM
Another question for you Trev or Ian, I know it's been asked before but what's the penalty count like in the game? It is always nice if you get a chance to have a go with the boot, and find in most games that the AI almost never infringes... this still the case? Nothing like hitting a long range penalty to clinch a tight game!

Depends on the game level. On the harder difficulty the CPU teams are more aggressive and push the line so they infringe more.

Originally posted by Trev@Swordfish+Nov 1 2005, 02:56 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Trev@Swordfish @ Nov 1 2005, 02:56 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-toup
@Nov 1 2005, 12:41 AM

Depends on the game level. On the harder difficulty the CPU teams are more aggressive and push the line so they infringe more. [/b]
That's good news... sounds like you guys have really nailed a quality game here... glad I pre-ordered even if you don't think it's necessary! What about infringing in rucks etc? Does that ever happen and does the AI do it? How does the game represent tha laws of rugby - ie. are there lots of types of infringement that can occur (high/late tackles, hands in ruck, offside etc.)?

this game sounds top quality just wondering what year the teams were taken from as in bristol or harlequins in the guiness premiership
and is Andy Farrell in there for saracens?

Originally posted by sarries fan@Nov 1 2005, 04:11 AM
this game sounds top quality just wondering what year the teams were taken from as in bristol or harlequins in the guiness premiership

The teams are fairly recent in all of the leagues, although there will have been a cut-off point for transfers. GP has Bristol rather than Quins. Shame as I would have liked to see Quins kit in the game.

Not sure about Farrell, I've never played with Saras - and if I take the 15 minutes to check, I will then be swamped with requests from other people. Sorry.

Originally posted by sarries fan@Nov 1 2005, 04:11 AM
Andy Farrell isn't in the Saracens team, I checked when I played it at Swordfish.

Quite glad really, he was a waste of space in league, and will be a HUGE waste of space (and Money) in Union.

Might have been asked before but can you tweak players individual stats? Like speed, aggression, tackle etc.

I am not sure but I think it has been mentioned before but can somebody confirm or deny wether you can create your own player?

Thanks sorry if these have been cleared up already.
<

Can you create a new team, or just edit existing ones?

If you can create a new team, can you swap it into an existing tournament (e.g. create Quins in for Bristol for last year's premiership, or for Leeds for next years??!)

Latest posts