• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

RC2006 Info

Good to see you back locks, any chance of you answering the question about AI infringements? Is it only offsides or did see see penalties given at rucks etc? And do you agree with Trev about the new kicking system? Any chance of explaining it a bit? Cheers

Originally posted by toup@Nov 1 2005, 08:21 PM
Good to see you back locks, any chance of you answering the question about AI infringements? Is it only offsides or did see see penalties given at rucks etc? And do you agree with Trev about the new kicking system? Any chance of explaining it a bit? Cheers
I'll try to answer your questions, but it's been over a month now since I played it so my memory isn't the best.

AI infringements - Can't say I really noticed to be honest, I mainly played the multiplayer game, Knowsley is much more likely to remember this.

As for the kicking system, it's a resounding YES, i do agree with Trev on it. While we were there, I played Trevor a couple of times and he pointed out the difference in the kicking system and it's fantastic. It does have a lower trajectory and the fullback/wingers don't always catch it like WCR.

Honestly, the only downside I had about this game was the easyness (if that's a word!!!) of try line trys. However, the RC2006 prgrammer - Andy - came in to talk to us and between us Knowlsey and I sorted out a system to make it harder to score when right on the tryline. I don't know what they've done to it, but Trev emailed me and told me that him and Andy were up through the night working on it and have sorted the problem out. I can't wait to see it now!

Honestly, I think RC2006 is the most playable rugby game to date, bar none!

I concur, good to see you back on here Locks...........

Hopefully Trev might be able to confirm that he has indeed "fixed" the easy tryline tries (Trev??), as this could be a real "game killer", to a game that seemingly has the goods in all other departments.

That's good to hear locks, very encouraging by the sounds of it. Was reading back through your playtest and wondered about offloads... can you only try them from certain types of tackles? So if you get tied up for example then is there no chance (more realistic). And you mention forwards bursting through then having time to offload... assume backs can ride tackles and offload too? Cheers for the info mate.

From what I could see, all the GP players were real. The All Blacks and Aussies weren't. Super 12/14 (?) wasn't.

Were the AUS and NZ names similar to real names?

for E.G Wendall Sailor = Wandill Salor

or is it like WCR where they have totally different names

Originally posted by Paddy@Nov 13 2005, 01:35 PM

no, they dont have lisencing for SH teams, and last time they were skirting with a lawsuit for having silimar faces, if my memory serves me correctly...

yes, i know they dont have licensing, but im asking do the names in the game similar to real life

Like RPIC

oh yeah, i didnt really finnish my post did i...
<

i think that they have got random ones. just to be on the safe side. i could be wrong though.

Originally posted by Paddy@Nov 13 2005, 01:35 PM

No, they are spectacularly different.

are we really gonna be in the game like everyone that posted their name details????????? like honestly?????

Originally posted by Jamie Lyon+Nov 13 2005, 11:47 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jamie Lyon @ Nov 13 2005, 11:47 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Paddy
@Nov 13 2005, 01:35 PM

No, they are spectacularly different. [/b]
Thats a shame, RPIC was good because you could easily tell who was who.

With WCR it was very hard especially for nations such as Scotland. Hope we will have a namelist soon after release like with did with WCR.

Umosay, you had it on your site didn't you? Any plans to do the same again?

btw on amazon it is listed tht th game has come out but it says 1-2 weeks delivery time has it actually come out yet or are they lying

Originally posted by Sarries_fan@Nov 29 2005, 11:03 AM
btw on amazon it is listed tht th game has come out but it says 1-2 weeks delivery time has it actually come out yet or are they lying
its confusing i know

even someone has reviewed the game. but saying

"do not order this game i did 2 MONTHS AGO i still havent got it so dont trust amazon.co.uk "

haha funny stuff
<

Latest posts