• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

RC4 PC Editor RELEASE

Frans.Hendrik

Academy Player
RC4 PC Editor RELEASE
This thread is for every release of the editor.

Beta version 0.1

Download:

Features:
  • Basic Player Stats Editor
  • Team Lineup Editor
  • Team Names Editor
  • Global Stats Editor
Some tips:
  • The editor includes a DummyPlayer function, which allows you to save a player which isn't official under a certain country with terrible stats so they won't be selected in the career modes. The purpose of this is to "tag"certain players so they won't affect the career modes. If you want to add a new player, its best to replace one of these players with that function.
  • You can save your changes, once you done you HAVE to write to the database. The buttons are next to one another.
  • Loading time after you've selected the database takes a couple of seconds, just give it time.
  • Do not make any changes to players which do not have names etc in the editor, officials or network players. This can potentially break the game!

Next release:
  • At this point in time I haven't given any attention to editing player likeness like it the old editor to assign the headIDs etc. But its coming on the next version.
  • I'm including a function which will alert you if the DummyPlayer has been put in any team lineup.
Screenshots:

1612937818275.png
1612937904176.png
1612937838769.png
1612937865556.png

Please do not post or ask questions here, use the discussion thread here:

Please buy me a cold one if you like the editor:
DONATE

Hi Frans I get this error ?
I am grabbing the DB from C:\Users\####\AppData\Local\WickedWitch\RugbyChallenge4\Saved\SaveGames\profiles\2F3F660501001001
Is this the correct one ?

Last edited:
Let's keep this for releases only. please post in the discussion thread

Let's keep this for releases only. please post in the discussion thread
Sorry :-(

Release Update:

I can confirm that the following has to be installed to make the editor work.
The below is the SQL local DB installer. You can install this version. Once it is installed the application should work perfectly. I've tested this on a couple of VMs.

Steps to run editor:

1. Install SqlLocalDB.msi
2. Run the editor
3. Open the database located here: AppData\Local\WickedWitch\RugbyChallenge4\Saved\SaveGames\profiles\SOMENUMBER\*.db file
4. Once you're done editing, click save
5. Before you quit or if you paranoid it'll break, click writeDB to write changes to game file.

Please make use of the discussion thread for any queries. Let's keep this for release, and release updates only.

Awesome , have found though that some team names double up and do not change
IE:
BayonneBayonne
AgenAgen
BordeauxBordeaux
AngoulemeAngouleme
AurillacAurillac
BéziersBéziers
BriveBrive

So I used HexEditor to remove and that seemed to fix it :)

Awesome , have found though that some team names double up and do not change
IE:
BayonneBayonne
AgenAgen
BordeauxBordeaux
AngoulemeAngouleme
AurillacAurillac
BéziersBéziers
BriveBrive

So I used HexEditor to remove and that seemed to fix it :)
That's a good find. Can you send me a screenshot please? How can I reproduce this?

RC4 PC Editor RELEASE
Beta version 0.2
Changelog:

Several bug fixes! Thanks for everyone that reported issues.
- Fixed issue with team names showing duplicates
- Fixed issue where editor closes after loading user details
- Fixed issue not loading all teams
- Fixed issue saving team lineups result in only one edit to be saved

Download:

Please buy me a cold one if you like the editor:
DONATE

New version is working for me now cheers mate.

Great tool pal, thanks!

Just wondered if there was a way for the team line up to show more than 40 players? Some squads have more than 40 players. so it would be handy if we could see them all!

Great tool pal, thanks!

Just wondered if there was a way for the team line up to show more than 40 players? Some squads have more than 40 players. so it would be handy if we could see them all!
And if there is a way we can see all Created players ? you can create a player then they just disappear ??? yet then are in the HEX Editor ??

And if there is a way we can see all Created players ? you can create a player then they just disappear ??? yet then are in the HEX Editor ??

To be honest yes its possible however, I've intentionally not made the change as there is a hell of a lot of existing players and fake players which should be used first.

On the starting lineups, i can look into that.

NEW RELEASE

Beta version 0.3
Changelog:

- Increased the lineups to around 45.
- New function to change all player names to their expected names and tag all unrequired players as fake players. CAUTION: This has not been tested.
This function can be used once the database is loaded. Click on the button (new icon) and wait, it will take some time. Once its completed your database will be changed with all fake players renamed to their intended names.
All duplicate players will be marked as "Dummy Players". Dummy players should be changed to add new players to the game.

Download:

NEW RELEASE

Beta version 0.3
Changelog:

- Increased the lineups to around 45.
- New function to change all player names to their expected names and tag all unrequired players as fake players. CAUTION: This has not been tested.
This function can be used once the database is loaded. Click on the button (new icon) and wait, it will take some time. Once its completed your database will be changed with all fake players renamed to their intended names.
All duplicate players will be marked as "Dummy Players". Dummy players should be changed to add new players to the game.

Download:
I would HIGHLY recommend people to use this as their default database!! (obviously make a backup due to it still being in beta) but to have the proper names of ALL players in ALL teams is something that we should work with. Thanks @Frans.Hendrik for sussing this out. It's a BIG thing I think people should use.

Note: From here we will probably need people to start putting their hands up for customising whole teams as the likenesses currently, don't match the name. Would "linking" players from the fanhub to these names be cautioned / avoided @Frans.Hendrik ? I have a feeling it might actually be okay? (that's if it actually deletes the old player and replaces it with the downloaded one?)

I would HIGHLY recommend people to use this as their default database!! (obviously make a backup due to it still being in beta) but to have the proper names of ALL players in ALL teams is something that we should work with. Thanks @Frans.Hendrik for sussing this out. It's a BIG thing I think people should use.

Note: From here we will probably need people to start putting their hands up for customising whole teams as the likenesses currently, don't match the name. Would "linking" players from the fanhub to these names be cautioned / avoided @Frans.Hendrik ? I have a feeling it might actually be okay? (that's if it actually deletes the old player and replaces it with the downloaded one?)
@colossss thanks wouldn't have been able to add the function without your assistance.

I fear it might create issues, but will look into this. My understanding is that if you download the player from fanhub, then link the player it doesn't actually replace a player and you end up with duplicate players.
Something we can test. There might be a way to extract the likeness and inject it into another player using the editor. But should be a very controlled setup. The moment the DB becomes filled with duplicates we'll end up with a screwed up career mode and unstable DB.

@colossss thanks wouldn't have been able to add the function without your assistance.

I fear it might create issues, but will look into this. My understanding is that if you download the player from fanhub, then link the player it doesn't actually replace a player and you end up with duplicate players.
Something we can test. There might be a way to extract the likeness and inject it into another player using the editor. But should be a very controlled setup. The moment the DB becomes filled with duplicates we'll end up with a screwed up career mode and unstable DB.
Yeah agree, it's def something that needs some testing. An ability to copy likenesses from people's .db's would be amazing

Latest posts