• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Refs & Touch judges selected!

P

Prestwick

Well, the iRB have made their choice:

World Cup referees: Chris White, Tony Spreadbury, Wayne Barnes (all England); Paul Honiss, Steve Walsh (both New Zealand), Alain Rolland, Alan Lewis (both Ireland); Jonathan Kaplan, Marius Jonker (both South Africa); Nigel Owens (Wales); Stuart Dickinson (Australia); Joel Jutge (France).

World Cup touch judges: Dave Pearson (England); Hugh Watkins (Wales); Malcolm Changleng (Scotland); Simon McDowell (Ireland); Kelvin Deaker, Lyndon Bray, Lawrence Bryce (all New Zealand); Craig Joubert, Mark Lawrence (both South Africa); Christophe Berdos (France); Paul Marks (Australia); Federico Cuesta (Argentina); Carlo Damasco (Italy).[/b]

It is nice to see Italy and Argentina get in there with a touch judge each. Expect big things from these two in the next few years! Bad luck to Japan's touch judge in training, Taizo Hirabayashi, who had performed well during the Six Nations!

Wayne Barnes. :huh:

What. The. f***.

I'd like to apologise now to whichever countries get landed with this sorry excuse for a referee.

Its Paddy O'Brien's fault. Whoever chose Paddy to be head of the Refs needs their arses kicked.

Which English ref is the loudest and laughs loads at all the players when they don't do the scrums properly? Its Tony Spreadbury isn't it? If it is, he needs a bloody medal, because he is the best ref in the world (for laughs) bar none.

I'm a big Tony Spreadbury fan.
I love listening to him on the ref's mic.

Isn't it strange how they haven't chosen David Changleng? :D

I'm a big Tony Spreadbury fan.
I love listening to him on the ref's mic.

Isn't it strange how they haven't chosen David Changleng? :D
[/b]

I love how he takes the mick out of the teams at the scrum and when they don't engage properly, he starts laughing and then says "hang on hang on hang on, stand up a moment, come on lads, lets do this properly okay?"

Tony is my breath of fresh air.

My big fear right now is that Wales will get lumped with that sad excuse of a ref.

EDIT: Oh, sorry, Steve Walsh, I meant.
I thought that would have been obvious, but then I realised Nigel Owens is in there as well.
"Could I be anymore camp?"

Oh you mean Steve "I hate everyone bar Ireland and New Zealand" Walsh.

"You there! Shoelaces undone! Sin binned for two hours and five penalties to the All Blacks when they play next week"

"But Ref you can't-"

"SIN BINNED! BE GONE YOU *******!"

*Steve Walsh approaches a maul*

"What is this here then?!"

"Ref! Its a Maul, we don't know where the ball is-"

"TRY!" *blows whistle* "12 points for you and twenty for Ireland and the All Blacks tomorrow!"

"But ref the try line is not for another ten mete-"

"ARE YOU UNDERMINING MY AUTHORITY?! SIN BINNED! BE-GONE!"

What. The. f***.

I'd like to apologise now to whichever countries get landed with this sorry excuse for a referee.
[/b]
Wayne Barnes has been given New Zealand v Italy, Ireland v Georgia, South Africa v Tonga and Samoa v USA. You'd better get started with those apologies now :D

Oh you mean Steve "I hate everyone bar Ireland and New Zealand" Walsh.
[/b]
Well, it will be interesting when he refs Ireland against the ABs in the RWC final at Stade de France. The only one he'll be able to bin is the English streaker with St George's cross painted across the arse. (And sorry, Prestwick, but you shouldn't sell your body just for a ticket - not again. Children watch rugby too.)

Don't know where this Walsh loves Ireland shite is coming from, remember the run-in with Horgan on the Lions tour. His inept performances in numerous games for Ireland, Australia 02 certainly springs to mind as does the French game in this years championship. Not to mention his comments prior to that game. It's embarassing that a ref like him is going to be given top matches at the world cup, yet Lyndon Bray, the best NZ ref imo is only a poxy touch judge.

Don't know where this Walsh loves Ireland shite is coming from, remember the run-in with Horgan on the Lions tour. His inept performances in numerous games for Ireland, Australia 02 certainly springs to mind as does the French game in this years championship. Not to mention his comments prior to that game. It's embarassing that a ref like him is going to be given top matches at the world cup, yet Lyndon Bray, the best NZ ref imo is only a poxy touch judge.
[/b]

What about that farcical try he gave in England vs Ireland in 2005 that was buried beneath a pile of bodies so there was no way he was going to tell whether or not the ball had crossed the line, let alone whether it had been grounded or not!

Or was that Kaplan? :huh:

<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]

What about that farcical try he gave in England vs Ireland in 2005 that was buried beneath a pile of bodies so there was no way he was going to tell whether or not the ball had crossed the line, let alone whether it had been grounded or not!

Or was that Kaplan? :huh:
[/b][/quote]

It was Kaplan, that was great though one of the best hissy fits from Andy Robinson I've ever seen.

Yeah, that and the collective English Rugby nation because it was a total bullshit! :lol:

Well, the iRB have made their choice:

World Cup referees: Chris White, Tony Spreadbury, Wayne Barnes (all England); Paul Honiss, Steve Walsh (both New Zealand), Alain Rolland, Alan Lewis (both Ireland); Jonathan Kaplan, Marius Jonker (both South Africa); Nigel Owens (Wales); Stuart Dickinson (Australia); Joel Jutge (France).

World Cup touch judges: Dave Pearson (England); Hugh Watkins (Wales); Malcolm Changleng (Scotland); Simon McDowell (Ireland); Kelvin Deaker, Lyndon Bray, Lawrence Bryce (all New Zealand); Craig Joubert, Mark Lawrence (both South Africa); Christophe Berdos (France); Paul Marks (Australia); Federico Cuesta (Argentina); Carlo Damasco (Italy).[/b]

It is nice to see Italy and Argentina get in there with a touch judge each. Expect big things from these two in the next few years! Bad luck to Japan's touch judge in training, Taizo Hirabayashi, who had performed well during the Six Nations!
[/b]

Taizo wasn't just a touch judge, he referees test games too, just signed his contract with the JRFU. I was actually his fourth official last night when the Arabian Gulf rolled over the Sri Lankans 52-11... A nice lad, likes to go shopping a lot!

What. The. f***.

I'd like to apologise now to whichever countries get landed with this sorry excuse for a referee. [/b]

My sentiments exactly.

Latest posts