• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

RFU Championship Final Part 2 - Bristol Rugby v Exeter Chiefs

Once upon a time though that'd be judged on tries scored then points difference for the top spot. I still think the League should be a league and any end of season playoffs should be for a separate cup competition.

Although to be fair, this is a lot more tasty due to the playoffs. Next year with Wuss and Bristol it won't need artificial atmosphere from them though.

OT: Jarvis pulls 3 back to make it 10-15 (16-24)

Still a lot of work to do for the home side.

Exe fall short on a 50m penalty, Arscott returns the punt and puts the lineiout on halfway.

Two decent packs but the skills levels are woeful. Exeter's 10 has a decent boot on him but he sits too deep in the pocket thus stifling their attack.

Immediate return, Stephenson gets a penalty from 45m out for a late challenge; Nailed it!

10-18 (16-27) with 19 minutes to go.

Stephenson runs from his own 5m line up to the Bristol 22 and wins a penalty... In front of the Posts, surely this will win it?

10-21 (16-30) with 11 minutes to go... No way Bristol look like scoring 2 converted tries in that time.

3 more points for Exeter
Puts them 14 ahead on aggregate, with 11minutes on the clock,
Bristol are going to need a miracle

Exeter would beat both Wuss and Leeds (and maybe Sale and Newcastle) playing like this. Can't see Bristol getting back into this, their heads are dropping and the panicking mistakes are creeping in.

Exe DG makes it 10-24 (16-33).

No coming back now. Heart bleeds for Bristol, but Exeter have been as much the better side as the scoreline suggests.

I'm delighted for Exeter; it's always good to see a new team come up to the top tier. That said, it's extremely tough on Bristol who were the best team in the division.

The system is flawed - it was possible for a team to coast through the season and finish 8th yet they could still go up.

Yup, absolutely gutting for Bristol fans, but Exeter outplayed them completely tonight.
Next years promotion battle will be a good one with Bristol/Worcester fighting it out

10-29* Final score

*If it really matters... That's 16-38.

Bit of a shock that ... Bristol thought they had it all done and dusted and started preparing for life in the GP ... unfortunately they are going to be in dire problems this season.

Looking into it, Exeter had more tries throughout the season, and a bigger points difference than Bristol, so technically, the better team went up :p

At least I get a trip to Sandy park next year, missed it during the Demolition Tour.

Equally delighted for Exeter and heartbroken for Bristol though.

Looking into it, Exeter had more tries throughout the season, and a bigger points difference than Bristol, so technically, the better team went up :p

Ah, sod it... I didn't realise that so G'wan Exeter! :D

Really sorry to see Bristol stay down, but Exeter were great. They need to sort out their defence for the Premiership though.

Also, any premiership teams need a winger, because that Robinson guy looked great.

Can't wait! Exeter is only an Hour and half down the road... so looks like I will be hopping along to a couple of games if I can!

Latest posts