• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Round 11. Blues v Sharks

blues by 13+. they are good form and will destroy the sharks. so much class and look at the bench not too bad at all to bring those guys on if things start badly. it will be a try fest alright... with the blues scoring hopefully all of them

AJ out unfortuneatley, Butch rested

Sharks:
15. Percy Montgomery
14. Odwa Ndungane
13. Waylon Murray
12. Bradley Barritt
11. JP Pietersen
10. Francois Steyn
9. Ruan Pienaar
8. Ryan Kankowski
7. Bob Skinstad
6. Jacques Botes
5. Johann Muller
4. Johan Ackermann
3. BJ Botha
2. John Smit (Capt)
1. Deon Carstens

Replacements:
16. Bismarck du Plessis
17. Tendai Mtawarira
18. Albert van den Berg
19. Warren Britz
20. Butch James
21. Rory Kockott
22. Adrian Jacobs

Hmm so AJ is out but Percy is in, one old head for the other eh ?

Good to see Percy in there again, hopefully we'll see him pull another full monty like earlier in the season.

I'm not even gonna make a prediction, everyone is saying blues but we all know both teams have the ability to pull it through, definitely should be match of the tournament though.

I'm just affraid that the sharks might have lost some strenth in their forwards with AJ out. It's made up for by the cool and calm Percy in the back but games are lost and won by the forwards, the backs just determine by how much (* is the saying if I remember correct *)

interesting skysports claims butch has a throat injury thatswhy hes dropped to the bench, dick would have probaly dropped ndungane and moved steyn to wing i would of thought.

i think they auckland will try to batter sharks in the first half then let the all blacks run over them in the second but i think the sharks will try the same tactic just without the bench made of internationals

im loving the forward aspects of this game,the sharks have some amazing power upfront and have some good attcking power outwide..

i havent yet rated the blues pack that highly,only to state that certain players have had individual brilliances through out the season but never as a whole team..so hopefully they can string together as a pack and shar the workload so to speak...

if everyone got on the same page that flavell has been on then this would be a monster blues pack..so hoping they can advance to that level at the expence of the sharks HARHARHAR LOL!

aye fokkenkak...what does youre name mean?

I like the new prop of the Sharks THE BEAST they call him. :D :D :D :D

Hey Chiropractor101 i don't think you want to know. :D :D :D :D :D

just describing the current quota system that our country has implemented into our sport with all these racist politicians getting involved

nah but really i just use it alot on the interweb so why stop

I like 'the beast' as well. He's not really a beast, but meh, he's not a great prop, so we can dominate him. :D

Yeah, if the individual brilliances from the Blues combined into a team performance, they could be a threat like the Crusaders.

For a moment there I thought the Sharks were beginning to putt out, but their performance last week showed they still have their flair, and it probably gave them belief, which is dangerous for the Blues

Halftime in Auckland with the Sharks ahead 19-6.

Sharks 19 (JP Pieterson, Odwa Ndungane tries; Percy Montgomery 2 penalties, Francois Steyn drop goal)

Blues 6 (Isa Nacewa 2 penalties)

tactically outplayed, another great game for bobby and also smit did better than i expected.

what about that dropgoal eh

Well Blues supporters can take solace in the fact that 2 of the sharks tries should never have been allowed, ok the forward pass one to ndungane was marginal and has been given in the past, but the second one with the illegal hands at the ruck should have been picked up. Still the Blues must blame themselves for getting offside with the referee and probably biased him against them early on. The sharks were great at harassing and got away with a lot of off the ball play. I was happy to see Sam give ackermann a nose job as he deserved it and I was also glad to see Nacewa put in a nice elbow that finally didn't get picked up. This game reminded me a lot of the Springboks vs. All Blacks games. SAF teams tend to use a lot of dirty play to disrupt other teams and they are very good at doing it without getting caught. The kiwi teams and ABs as well suffer from not knowing how to sucker punch the South African sides without getting caught.
The only AB who I think should have been in the starting lineup was Mealamu who has played well enough in the previous weeks to warrant it and again showed some great driving play when he came on. I also thought Williams should have come on for Flavell, not Rawlinson who was having a strong game while Flavell was looking off colour and knocking on a lot of balls. Sam was also guilty of poor handling. Toeava still showed a few flashes of brilliance and I don't think his handling should be examined too closely seeing as the rest of the Blues handled the ball equally if not more poorly.

Well Blues supporters can take solace in the fact that 2 of the sharks tries should never have been allowed, ok the forward pass one to ndungane was marginal and has been given in the past, but the second one with the illegal hands at the ruck should have been picked up.
[/b]

Hahah !

first one I could agree with, second one ?

so a blue player knocking the ball out of his own hands is foul play then ?

Sharks deserved the win, blues shouldn't even have gotten the bonus point :)

Bobby played a solid game, again, really starting to impress...again, I suppose class is permanent. Percy played good, and Steyn !.
What a drop kick !, that was easily 55 - 60 meters out !

Did you not watch it Boggle? It was pretty obvious the 2nd try shouldn't have been awarded.

That drop goal was pretty awesome.

That Tuitupou charged down on Montgomery was also suspect :\ Montgomery milked it pretty good.

yes and devine had how many warnings plus there was that elbow on percy. devine stayed on the pitch because tuitupou was already off. he pityed them. but your right you can see i think botes knock it out of his hands most likely on purpose

Yer, Devine should've been benched a LOT earlier. His temper wasn't helping the Blues.

Well, if things weren't going the way of the Blues, I'm glad they got it now, rather than in the semis

third best news i have heard tonight
first the crusaders win
then i win at scene it
then the blues lost

awesome

Latest posts