• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Round 11. Blues v Sharks

firstly i must say.... the sharks cheated like buggery in the rucks and good on them for getting away with it :p

blues played their normal razzle dazzle style of rugby in wet weather, that what cost them in the first half.

sharks did well and made the most of their opportunities.

blues need a tactical player like david howell controlling the game especially when luke mccalister is not playing.

all in all, i think the blues did well coming back from 26-6 down at one stage to get within 7 points and a get a bonus point. it will be tough for the blues in south africa and in perth. but i think they will come away with at least 2 wins out of 3.

meanwhile the sharks will have to face the rampant chiefs next week who are looking to be in awesome form at the moment. should be a cracker of a match.

Sharks looked really good tonight, geez that Steyn can drop kick.
A few more losses for the Blues and the Brumbies might be able to over take them :p

Sharks looked really good tonight, geez that Steyn can drop kick.
A few more losses for the Blues and the Brumbies might be able to over take them :p
[/b]
Whatever helps you sleep at night.

<div class='quotemain'>
geez that Steyn can drop kick.
[/b]
[/b][/quote]
Steyn to give AB supporters a night of crying into their pillows.

<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]
[/b][/quote]
[/b][/quote]
Is he going to shoot one of our players or something from the stands?

And is this another surefire prediction like the French Test?

LOL!....i accept the lost..this goes back to a post i made earlier in this thread...our forwards collectively couldnt meet the intensity or tenacity of the sharks forwards..we got slaughtered at the ruck and the slow ball from devine got slower and slower..

the defense and tactical kicking beat the razzle dazzle play of the blues..fair nuff!

john afoa is **** with ball in hand!..

ive got one serious question for coach nuci...why did you bench rawlinson??...he was the best forward out there and provided the only grunt that the blues had for the time he was on?..

why dont you put troy at 6 and have ali and rawlinson as locks?..

makes no sense..

apart from the cheating(which everyteam is guilty of nowadays..and goodstuff with getting away with it..i would hold the ref in trouble rather then the team)..good win sharks..now the blues are on tour!!!..this should prep them well for the finals

<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]
[/b][/quote]
[/b][/quote]
Is he going to shoot one of our players or something from the stands?

And is this another surefire prediction like the French Test?
[/b][/quote]
Yip - here's my surefire prediction on the French: they won't meet the ABs in the RWC, because SA won't let the ABs get that far. And Steyn will go around the pitch after the full time whistle and shoot all the AB players - act of mercy, like the Polish army did with its cavalry horses in 1939.

Remind me, who's this Toeava bloke?

Hmmm, Steyn at 10 really looks like the business. Always thought it`s his best position, ever since seeing him slice up my beloved Province in last year`s Currie Cup, in the wet, from 10.

Sharks forwards really got up for this one, and really good to see. All of a sudden, I doubt whether many people will still doubt the Sharks` semi-final credentials. Pity about them not picking up the bonus points in their earlier home games- this could still come out to bite them when home semi`s are to be decided. But yeah, excellent result for them, especially since it came on the road.

And now for the Chiefs- after having beaten the Canes, Saders, Highlanders and Blues, could they become the 1st-ever SA side in Super rugby history to make it a Kiwi sweep next week?

[/b]

He dropped one ball that he shouldn't have. Most of the time he didn't have the space, and was mainly running into forwards. The few times he ran at the Sharks backline, he did look dangerous.
Didn't you see him knock off a few tackles?

:rahh: :rahh: :ranting:

Congratulations to Smit and the boys. It was a good game on their part. 10 Juggernaut points goes to Steyn for a marvellous display.
Sharks pack were awesome. :bravo:

As for the Blues, it's better we lost now than in the semis. I'm glad we got that lost off our chest. It will only make us stronger in our remaining games. If it can do the same for the Sharks, I cant see why it wont happen to us.

P.S: Ben Atiga needs to be benched. Bloody hopeless under the high balls and the Sharks knew it. :ranting:

<div class='quotemain'>

[/b]

He dropped one ball that he shouldn't have. Most of the time he didn't have the space, and was mainly running into forwards. The few times he ran at the Sharks backline, he did look dangerous.
[/b][/quote]
I'm just worried about the AB midfield for the RWC - lots of 66% contenders, but nobody who rules the field. I hope you get it right - but it probably doesn't matter, because counter-attack from deep has won the RWC for New Zealand many times in the past.

Well done the Sharks!

Just goes to show you if you play like **** then you lose.
The Blues played like **** and lost... simple.

What does counter-attack from the deep for the All Blacks have anything to do with this?

I was just reminding you who Isaia Toeava is.

<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>

[/b]

[/b][/quote]
I'm just worried about the AB midfield for the RWC - lots of 66% contenders, but nobody who rules the field. I hope you get it right - but it probably doesn't matter, because counter-attack from deep has won the RWC for New Zealand many times in the past.
[/b][/quote]
I still don't know why you keep harping on about the Counter Attack, still trying to figure out how you have got it into your head in that is all the All Blacks are capable of doing? Maybe you are so bitter about the fact we changed our entire 15 and still beat you by 40 points that you can't bear to watch any of our games? Because if you had watched them, you would know that we don't rely soley on the counter attack, that we are perfectly capable of grinding it out, or actually just going wide after a couple of phases of ramming it up the middle with the likes of Jerry Collins (you know, the fact we have better backs than you means we can do that kind of thing) - you would also have noticed that your reasons on why France would "hammer" us were so deluded and off kilt it wasn't even funny, than again it you probably know all this, I mean, after the French tests the only reason you could give for the AB's not winning was because it was the world cup would be in a different season.

And I can't wait till Toeava tears Ireland a new one, but that would of course rely on Ireland actually get somewhere in the World Cup, which judging by past results isn't going to happen anytime soon.

Latest posts