• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Round 13 - Cats v Blues

T

The TRUTH

8th placed Blues travel to Johannesburg to take on the 13th placed Cats

discuss...

Originally posted by Dumbo@May 3 2006, 11:48 AM
Has anyone noticed that the Blues supporters seem to have gone walk about?
do you mean they have supporters? Impossible

I hope the Cats come out scratching and clawing away at a victory for this one, Cats by 5

Originally posted by Dumbo@May 3 2006, 07:48 PM
Has anyone noticed that the Blues supporters seem to have gone walk about?
Yes i've noticed that, as soon as the semis were out of the question the blues threads have come below the -100 post level.

Must have gone to the league section... hoping for better pickings.
Personally I find backing the Chiefs a very easy experience, you expect them to lose and they lose… easy… for members that don’t know, Auckland has a bit of a global inferiority complex… don’t hassle them about it to much though cause they can be a bit sensitive about it (best kept under the table I guess, it’s kinda like having a gay brother or something)…

Blues still stand a theoretical chance to make the semis ! Only Stormers, Cheetahs (we should have been in Blues place tho :rahh: ), Highlanders, Reds , Cats and Force are out !

Yup they still have a sniff, after this they only have the Chiefs and they'll kick their butts (but I don't think they'll make the semi's)

As long as there is a chance, you should fight for it! Yeah, you`re right, they have like 1% chances to make the semis!

Originally posted by Rassie@May 3 2006, 08:33 PM
Blues still stand a theoretical chance to make the semis ! Only Stormers, Cheetahs (we should have been in Blues place tho :rahh: ), Highlanders, Reds , Cats and Force are out !
Seriously Rassie i think the semis have been decided for weeks

The current top 4 are just miles ahead of the rest in terms of talent

Looks like the Super 14 organizers planned on the same thing with the last round fixtures of Brumbies v Crusaders and Hurricanes v Tahs........ exciting round.

Back on topic...... i think the Blues will win 34-21 with a bp

Originally posted by Rassie@May 3 2006, 09:00 PM
The Truth, i wouldn`t rate Bulls off !
I think the Bulls will win there last two games but a bp win to the Brumbies this week should end the Bulls chances........ unless they have the better % or a huge last round

Ok Rassie , the semis are still open for the top 5

Team.......P W L D Bp Ttl
Waratahs 11 9 2 0 6 42
Crusaders 11 9 1 1 4 42
Hurricanes 11 8 3 0 7 39
Brumbies 11 8 2 1 3 37
Bulls 11 6 4 1 7 33

What if Bulls and Brumbies win both their last games :bravo: :D It`s not that unlikely to happen (Brumbies play at Crusaders in the last match and Brumbies are very intersted in meeting Bulls on their home ground rather than Crusaders)

Originally posted by Rassie@May 3 2006, 09:19 PM
What if Bulls and Brumbies win both their last games :bravo: :D It`s not that unlikely to happen (Brumbies play at Crusaders in the last match and Brumbies are very intersted in meeting Bulls on their home ground rather than Crusaders)
I would love it if that happened

The Bulls would have to get maximum points from there last two games and the Crusaders would have to get no bp's.

We can only hope :D

Why no bp? I`m asking because if Bulls beat Crusaders and they both end up with 43 p (according to the above mentioned scenario), i think Bulls have the edge!

I think the Crusaders would have the better for/against percentage

if thats what they go on(well ,i thought thats what they go on)

Canes can also miss the semis in a realistic scenario too! Other scenarios (for Sharks, Blues or Chiefs to qualify are pure theoretical if you ask me)

I would be shocked if the Canes and Brumbies didn't get bonus point wins this week.

Surely the Reds and Highlanders couldn't cause an upset........could they?

Very true ! You` re right The Truth! What if Tahs lose without bp both games - to Chiefs away and to Canes home! In fact, all that Bulls can hope for is for this two mentioned scenarios (Waratahs and or Crusaders to lose both remaining games)

Of course, if Reds or Highlanders but , as you very well put it, it`s highly unlikely

Latest posts