• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Round 14: Stormers v Sharks

D

Dumbo

The Sharks, who face the Stormers in Cape Town, have a simple scenario. They must win to finish first or second and get home ground advantage in the play-offs. Defeat could see them drop out of the top four.

Can the Stormers shut them out?

Well, as mch as it pains me to say this, the Stormers have a long and (not so very) proud history of playing dead against SA opposition in the last round of league play, especially if said SA team is in a position to make the semi`s.

Last year they lost 43-10 to the Bulls, who needed 5 points and a points difference of +33 to go through. Contracts all round were suspected by the Sharks players, who missed out. In exactly similar circumstances, the Stormers gave up a 75-14 result in the final round to the Bulls the previous year.

I really don`t think that the Stormers can turn it around in this game- the Sharks have been simply massive up front, their young centres have cooked in the backline, and youngsters like Sharks twin Ndungane, JP Pietersen and Frans Steyn have all had moments of attacking brilliance in the latter stages.

Sharks to take it, with a bonus point, and, if the Crusaders gets only 4 points in their final game, by a sufficient margin to end top of the log on points difference( would have to be a repeat of 75-14).

JdV is defo out, he may even miss the world cup heaven forbid, just to need to see if JW makes our lives slighty easier and forces a rest on Burger

Well acording to this article Stormers without stars

Stormers will most likely be without jean, Schalk and breyton.

Now come on sharkies, we're basically lying over on our bellies and telling yo to have a nice big bite.

If we end up crushing your home semi dreams, I swear I'm gonna cry :mellow:

Still I think it's better to rest Jean, Breyton and Schalk, I get the feeling the sharks may put on the hurt on a few stormer players, and I'd rather it not be on our World cup squad flanker, center and wing. ;)

Also heard the rumours wrt JDV, Schalkie and Breyton being rested. It`s a call I`ll agree with- I reckon our coastal brothers will still be just a tad upset at our last game of last season, and might be looking to extract teeth, uhm sorry I mean revenge, this time around.

Go the Sharks! Hope to have another brutal match with the Blues in semis.

Sharks by 50 pts.

Gee guys, 100 ?... 50 ?

You atleast have to give us a bit more of a chance after the last two rounds.

Besides Schalk will be playing ;)

Looks like Jean will be out for only a month, so he might miss the England games.

Whoops actually I see now Breyton is playing as well, hmm so it's just jean out for now.

i think the chiefs are the team i hate the most in the super14. they also have the ugliest colour jerseys.... reminds me of the german flag

i just hope they dont make the finals

the finals i wish to see:

SHARKS
CRUSADERS
BULLS
BRUMBIES

I know the Stormers are gonna win this. Big Joe is back to his brilliant best and with Burger playing, the Sharks are in for a tough time.

Barry is still the old Barry......watch him show Barritt how it's done. :D

Stormers by 8.

Hmmm does anyone else find it dodgy how buddy, buddy the coaches of the respective teams are and that the Stormer coach has even expressed his wishes for the Sharks to do well in the playoffs. One has to wonder whether the Stormers will throw the game?
The Stormers have absolutely nothing to gain by winning and the Sharks everything to lose. Playing for Springbok selection seems a moot point with Jake looking like he has settled on his team already and even tried to get Schalk rested.
I shall be watching this one closely.

Hmmm does anyone else find it dodgy how buddy, buddy the coaches of the respective teams are and that the Stormer coach has even expressed his wishes for the Sharks to do well in the playoffs. One has to wonder whether the Stormers will throw the game?
The Stormers have absolutely nothing to gain by winning and the Sharks everything to lose. Playing for Springbok selection seems a moot point with Jake looking like he has settled on his team already and even tried to get Schalk rested.
[/b]

BWUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA !!!!!

Oh that was a good one.

A game thrown between the Sharks and the stormers ?, let me give you a hint, they might be buddy buddy off the field but as oposing rugby teams on the day they really hate each other.

It's probably got something to do with the Stormers basically stealing their black outfit, or maybe it's just becuase they are the only 2 coastal teams. ;)

seriously, with the derby mentality our country has there will never be a day EVER with a thrown rugby match, there's just too much pride at stake.

AJ either starts or doesnt play :S Why would you choose Warren Britz over Bob. Id rather have Daniels playing

15. Percy Montgomery
14. Francois Steyn
13. Waylon Murray
12. Bradley Barritt
11. JP Pietersen
10. Butch James
9. Ruan Pienaar
8. Ryan Kankowski
7. Warren Britz/AJ Venter
6. Jacques Botes
5. Johann Muller
4. Johan Ackermann
3. BJ Botha
2. John Smit ( C )
1. Deon Carstens

Reserves:
16. Bismarck du Plessis
17. Tendai Mtawarira
18. Albert van den Berg
19. Keegan Daniel/Warren Britz
20. Bob Skinstad
21. Rory Kockott
22. Adrian Jacobs

<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]

BWUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA !!!!!

Oh that was a good one.

A game thrown between the Sharks and the stormers ?, let me give you a hint, they might be buddy buddy off the field but as oposing rugby teams on the day they really hate each other.

It's probably got something to do with the Stormers basically stealing their black outfit, or maybe it's just becuase they are the only 2 coastal teams. ;)

seriously, with the derby mentality our country has there will never be a day EVER with a thrown rugby match, there's just too much pride at stake.
[/b][/quote]

Pride seems to go out the window when it means throwing a game to keep the Blues out.

i think the chiefs are the team i hate the most in the super14. they also have the ugliest colour jerseys.... reminds me of the german flag

i just hope they dont make the finals

the finals i wish to see:

SHARKS
CRUSADERS
BULLS
BRUMBIES
[/b]

So you want the points table to end up like that BOKean? because I think it's not accurate and not considered precisely. According to your wish list, lets say the Blues lost and they're out of the semi-final. Now, obviously the only possible way for the Crusaders to end up in 2nd place is if they lose to the Chiefs. So therefore the Chiefs will certainly take the last spot at 4th!

note: Bulls will beat Reds. Even worse if the Bulls win with bonus point and the Crusaders lose with no bonus, then Bulls could take over 2nd place with the Crusaders falling to 3rd! Then no semi-final played in New Zealand!......but I don't think it'll happen. :( Hopefully

Latest posts