• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Round 5 - Bulls v Highlanders

D

Dumbo

This is in my opinion the game of Round 5.
Bulls have had a rest, it's on their ground, they are sitting on 10 points on the ladder... they have talent.
But the Highlanders aren’t losing as you'd expect... till both teams are announced I say f&*k all.

Highlanders have already achieved their goals , don`t think they`ll be some opposition for the mighty Bulls who will secure a home victory by more than 15 points!

going to B) and say... I'll not judge until the team is announced.
Highlanders keep winning and no one's predicting it. Evan's is playing outside of his skin, I think the tour with the AB's really did him a lot of good. Playing inside of players like Ma ‘and Mauger has changed a lot about how that man thinks about the game... also NZ's Hobbit at 15 is doing the business as well. 12 and 13 are looking strong (12 looks to be having a great time in SA).

Bulls, I think, are SA's best offering, amazing potential and a strong team, BUT the Highlanders don’t look like they are prepared to lose.

Vodacom Bulls
15 Johan Roets
14 Akona Ndungane
13 JP Nel
12 Wynand Olivier
11 Bryan Habana
10 Derick Hougaard
9 Fourie du Preez
8 Jacques Cronje
7 Pedrie Wannenburg
6 Pierre Spies
5 Victor Matfield
4 Bakkies Botha
3 Andries Human
2 Gary Botha
1 Danie Thiart

16 Kobus van der Walt
17 Wessel Roux
18 Danie Rossouw
19 Francois van Schouwenburg
20 Tim Dlulane
21 Heini Adams
22 Morné Steyn

Highlanders:
1. Nick White
2. Anton Oliver ©
3. Carl Hayman
4. Tom Donnelly
5. James Ryan
6. Hoani MacDonald
7. Tim Boys
8. Craig Newby
9. Jimmy Cowan
10. Nick Evans
11. Roy Kinikinilau
12. Seilala Mapusua
13. Neil Brew
14. Vilimoni Delasau
15. Ben Blair

16. Jason Macdonald
17. Chris King
18. Filipo Levi
19. Hale T-Pole
20. Chris Smylie
21. Callum Bruce
22. Richard Kahui

I find it suprising that Smylie is playing off the bench, but maybe they think that he can make fools of the tired Bulls late in the match. He T-Pole, Levi, Kahui and Smylie should come on mid way through the send half and make a big impact. The battle in the pack should be pretty even, so its going to in the bakc where the game is won, and as we all know the South African teams have no idea about back play ;) . Except for Habana ofcourse.

Rassie,
We have by no means have we ''achieved our goals''. Our goals won't be reached until we get to play the Crusaders again and make up for round 1.

Highlanders by 11, and make it a clean sweep.

Another thing to note is that the Bulls have NEVER beaten the Highlanders.

Southern Man : "Another thing to note is that the Bulls have NEVER beaten the Highlanders. "

NEVER say NEVER

March, 1996, Wed 20th

Northern Transvaal 59 vs Otago 29 Loftus Versfeld

Now it's been posted, just find this format easier to look at...

Highlanders: 1 - Nick White, 2 - Anton Oliver (Captain), 3 - Carl Hayman, 4 - Tom Donnelly, 5 - James Ryan, 6 - Hoani MacDonald, 7 - Tim Boys, 8 - Craig Newby, 9 - Jimmy Cowan, 10 - Nick Evans, 11 - Roy Kinikinilau, 12 - Seilala Mapusua, 13 - Neil Brew, 14 - Vilimoni Delasau, 15 - Ben Blair.

Reserves: 16 - Jason MacDonald, 17 - Chris King, 18 - Filipo Levi, 19 - Hale T`Pole, 20 - Chris Smylie, 21 - Callum Bruce, 22 - Richard Kahui.

Bulls: 1 - Danie Thiart, 2 - Gary Botha, 3 - Andries Human, 4 - Bakkies Botha, 5 - Victor Matfield (Captain), 6 - Pierre Spies, 7 - Pedrie Wannenburg, 8 - Jacques Cronje, 9 - Fourie Du Preez, 10 - Derick Hougaard, 11 - Bryan Habana, 12 - Wynand Olivier, 13 - JP Nel, 14 - Akona Ndungane, 15 - Johan Roets.

Reserves: 16. Kobus van der Walt, 17. Wessel Roux, 18. Danie Rossouw, 19. Francois van Schouwenburg, 20. Tim Dlulane, 21. Heini Adams, 22. Morne Steyn

Originally posted by Dumbo@Mar 8 2006, 09:36 AM
This is in my opinion the game of Round 5.
Bulls have had a rest, it's on their ground, they are sitting on 10 points on the ladder... they have talent.

Couldn't have said it better myself, Bulls will be well rested after the bye and eager to play rugby of the blue blooded kind. The return of Matfield will be a colossal boost. I say Bulls by at at least 10.

Final Score: Bulls 23-16

Bulls (Wannenburg 2 tries, Hougaard 2 cons, Hougaard 3 pens)
Highlanders 16 (Evans try, Blair 1 con, Blair 3 pen)
HT 13-13.

Missed this game as well, am now going to have to go and beat my kids.

That Nick Evans is a pretty good player, unfortunate he will be stuck behind Dan Carter for a very long time.

Latest posts