• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Round 6: Cheetahs v Sharks

D

Dumbo

Another good match, the Cheetahs take on the Sharks in Bloemfontein.
Last week the Sharks beat the Crusaders in the final moments and the Cheetahs let themselves down in a draw with the Chiefs.
These really are the two standout teams (no disrespect to the Lions) from South Africa and should be a tough game.

Looking at the Sharks performances so far you’d have to back them…

AH! I love local African derbies. It's brutal, hard and uncompromising.

Sharks vs Cheetahs.

Have to flip a coin on this one. Heads the Cheetahs win, Tail they lose.

*Flips coin*

Heads it is.

Cheetahs by less than 10.

Fingers crossed on the Brutal, few more injuries in the Sharks camp would be greatly appreciated.

hmm should be a great game

it wont be a surprise to me if the cheetahs pull out something good and win. i love the way the cheetahs backline runs.

but go sharks!

This should be a great match to watch, even if you're an NZ supporter.

I'm hoping for a Cheetahs win, only so the Blues can have breathing space at the top of the table :p

My heart is crying for a Sharks victory but I fear the Cheetahs as they are the Sharks bogey team.

Yeah spot on. How's that kick last week... Monty would have missed it for sure.

Was thinking Sharks, but leaning towards Cheetahs, another draw perhaps lol... no, surely not another???

Sharks.

For Christ sake the Cheetahs got humped by the Crusaders and drew with the Chiefs ???? are you guy's serious ?

The bogey team aspect holds a lot of sway for me eg Waratahs and Reds, it took Tahs till what, last season to have a win in super 12/14 was it?

Well, the Sharks do have their injury concerns, but the Cheetahs are without a large portion of their 1st-choice front row aswell- I`ll go for the Sharks in a close one.

With both sets of forwards slightly vulnerable due to injuries, it`ll be the Sharks` superior line-out and halfback pairing against the Cheetahs` potent loose forward mix, with the decision-making abilities of Pienaar and Butch holding the upper hand on the day.

CHEETAHS:
15 Tiger Mangweni, 14 Philip Burger, 13 Ronnie Cooke, 12 Herkie Kruger, 11 Eddie Fredericks, 10 Willem de Waal, 9 Michael Claassens; 8 Ryno van der Merwe, 7 Juan Smith ©, 6 Hendro Scholtz, 5 Corniel van Zyl, 4 Phillip Rudolph van der Merwe, 3 Jannie du Plessis, 2 Richardt Strauss, 1 Os du Randt. Reserves: 16 Andre-Henri le Roux, 17 Wian du Preez, 18 Duane Vermeulen, 19 Kabamba Floors, 20 Noel Oelschig, 21 Alwyn Hollenbach, 22 Gavin Passens.

As per normal no Sharks team details available... everytime.

Sharks are without Monty
[/b]

But they dont lose much with Francois Steyn taking his spot.

Sharks: 15 Francois Steyn, 14 Odwa Ndungane, 13 Waylon Murray, 12 Bradley Barritt, 11 JP Pietersen, 10 Butch James, 9 Ruan Pienaar, 8 Ryan Kankowski, 7 AJ Venter , 6 Jacques Botes, 5 Johann Muller, 4 Johan Ackermann, 3 BJ Botha, 2 John Smit ©, 1 Deon Carstens.
Replacements: 16 Bismarck du Plessis, 17 Beast Mtawarira, 18 Albert van den Berg, 19 Warren Britz, 20 Keegan Daniel, 21 Rory Kockott, 22 Adrian Jacobs

Cheetahs for a close one.

Well done to the Sharks, keeping up their unbeaten run. Encouragingly for the Sharks, they scored 2 of their 3 tries from 1st-phase- when was the last time that a Saffa side did that, if you discount rolling mauls from a 5m line-out?

Particularly impressive was BJ Botha, first chewing up and spitting out big Os Du Randt in the 1st half, then doing the dirty on even bigger Ollie Le Roux in the 2nd half- and both of those looseheads have in excess of 50 Bok caps each! Also encouraging to see the youngsters like Steyn, Barrit Pietersen and Murray looking really sharp and full of running.

For the Cheetahs, once again captain Juan Smith was immense- when last did this guy play a bad game?

Latest posts