• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Round 8: Blues v Bulls

Yes Rassie, I know... like I said you can't help where you a born (and changing sides would be insulting to my family), thanks to dickheads like Byron I'VE SAID IT A MILIONS TIMES VICTOR SHOULD HAVE SMACKED YOU HARDER Kelleher and Mark HOW THE HELL DID YOU MAKE THE TEAM Ranby we will stay exactly where we are.

Still waiting for the pictures Rassie, anyone thats got a few - please send my way...

Originally posted by Dumbo@Mar 29 2006, 12:38 AM
Well I'm a Chiefs supporter (you can't help where you are born) so calling things for the Blues is not really up to me... BUT no thanks, thank god Henry had the sense to **** him off. Leave him in 5th division land where he belongs...
So you saying that having Lavea f*** up the Blues is better for the All Blacks then Spencer leading them to glory?

Finally Nucifora has returned back to earth by naming Lavea on the bench and shifting Nacewa to 10. Brent Ward will start at fullback and Troy Flavell returns. McAlister wasn't considered due to injury.

BLUES: 15 Brent Ward, 14 Vili Waqaseduadua, 13 Anthony Tuitavake, 12 Rua Tipoki, 11 Joe Rokocoko, 10 Isa Nacewa, 9 John Senio; 8 Nick Williams, 7 Angus Macdonald, 6 Troy Flavell, 5 Ali Williams, 4 Greg Rawlinson, 3 John Afoa, 2 Keven Mealamu ©, 1 Tony Woodcock. Reserves: 16 Tim Dow, 17 Saimone Taumoepeau, 18 Anthony Boric, 19 Auva'a Tololima Onosai'i, 20 Junior Poluleuligaga, 21 Tasesa Lavea, 22 Ben Atiga.

1. Finally HE'S GONE! best of luck to Nacewa
2. McAllwayshurt out again?!
3. The Blues don't need Spencer

yeah mcAlister has a shoulder problem so is left out. also out to injury are braid howlett and devine.

blues should be able to carve up with the backline they have. the bulls are the best sa team but will struggle away from their fortress in sa.

10. Isa Nacewa?

Damn! There goes the 50 point margin I was hoping for. :angry:

Makes thing's a lot more even, also Flavell's back (was really missed that last game, his replacement was as bad as Lavea)

Nacewa would have to be the best utility back IMO in NZ at the moment, and hopefully he is the spark the Blues desperately need, otherwise the Bulls are in the top 4...

Only the Bulls starting 15:

Johan Roets; Akona Ndungane, J P Nel, Dries Scholtz, Bryan Habana; Derick Hougaard, Heini Adams; Jacques Cronjé, Pedrie Wannenburg, Danie Rossouw, Victor Matfield (k), Bakkies Botha, Andries Human, Gary Botha, Jaco Engels.

the blues has been named you know

Blues: 15. Brent Ward, 14. Vili Waqaseduadua, 13. Anthony Tuitavake, 12. Rua Tipoki, 11. Joe Rokocoko, 10. Isa Nacewa, 9. John Senio; 8. Nick Williams, 7. Angus Macdonald, 6. Troy Flavell, 5. Ali Williams, 4. Greg Rawlinson, 3. John Afoa, 2. Keven Mealamu (capt), 1.Tony Woodcock. Res: 16. Tim Dow, 17. Saimone Taumoepeau, 18. Anthony Boric, 19. Auva'a Tololima Onosai'i, 20. Junior Poluleuligaga, 21. Tasesa Lavea, 22. Ben Atiga.

blues backline should be much better now with lavea gone. ward is a good addition at fullback and if he gets good ball look out for him on attack and on the counter-attack

Well you can only hope it's an improvement for the Blues... if they turn out to be shithouse... well then what’s new - they have been shithouse every other game.

thank god. necawa will play well. he played 5/8 in the npc final and wasnt to shabby. this game has suddenly got alot closer.

blues by 230i23560236802587

Originally posted by The TRUTH!!+Mar 29 2006, 07:39 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-esoj
@Mar 29 2006, 06:38 PM
the blues has been named you know

yes its on page 1 of this thread [/b]
I know it was for the benefit of bull as I thought he only knew the bulls starting lineup.

if the blues can't win with this team then I don't know really. it will be an even longer season than it already seems to be.

Yes, I know that both teams have been posted but I prefer to see the teams this way...

Head to Head:
Blues: 1 - Tony Woodcock, 2 - Keven Mealamu (Captain), 3 - John Afoa, 4 - Greg Rawlinson, 5 - Ali Williams, 6 - Troy Flavell, 7 - Angus MacDonald, 8 - Nick Williams, 9 - John Senio, 10 - Isa Nacewa, 11 - Joe Rokocoko, 12 - Rua Tipoki, 13 - Anthony Tuitavake, 14 - Viliame Waqaseduadua, 15 - Brent Ward.
Reserves: 16 - Tim Dow, 17 - Saimone Taumoepeau, 18 - Anthony Boric, 19 - Auva'a Tololima Onosa'i 20 - Junior Poluleuigaga, 21 - Tasesa Lavea, 22 - Ben Atiga.

Bulls: 1 - Jaco Engels, 2 - Gary Botha, 3 - Andries Human, 4 - Bakkies Botha, 5 - Victor Matfield ©, 6 - Danie Rossouw, 7 - Pedrie Wannenburg, 8 - Jacques Cronje, 9 - Heini Adams, 10 - Derick Hougaard, 11 - Bryan Habana, 12 - Dries Scholtz, 13 - JP Nel, 14 - Akona Ndungane, 15 - Johan Roets.
Reserves: 16 - Adriaan Stauss, 17 - Wessel Roux, 18 - Francois van Schouwenburg, 19 - Tim Dlulane, 20 - Fourie du Preez, 21 - Morné Steyn, 22 - Pierre Spies.
---------------------------------
Think that the Blues front row have a BIG edge in this one, will be an interesting battle in the locks (shame Flavell wasn't in there... good night Victor)... the backs, well it's anyone’s guess.

Either way (other than the Canes vs the Crusaders) it has all the potential to be a hell of a match and THE match of round 8. The Blues after being rapped (thanks Chiro for the definition) have ditched Lavea (at last) but lost McAllways-hurt-nothing-new... if the Bull's take out this one I'd say that there is a few Blues supports that are going to lose faith and head south.

Originally posted by Dumbo@Mar 30 2006, 06:58 PM
Either way (other than the Canes vs the Crusaders) it has all the potential to be a hell of a match and THE match of round 8. The Blues after being rapped (thanks Chiro for the definition) have ditched Lavea (at last) but lost McAllways-hurt-nothing-new... if the Bull's take out this one I'd say that there is a few Blues supports that are going to lose faith and head south.
And they can stay south for all I care... and when Auckland carves up the NPC again they can go f*** themselves.

Latest posts