• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Round 8. Blues v Waratahs

Carter has played 10, 12, 13, 15, but people don't him a centre of a fullback.

Most of his time as a player is at 10 and 12.. It was only last year that we've seen him play 13 and 15..

He was ok at Fullback, but not his best position. At centre he is just starting to find his feet.. Especially after his game time there in the NPC..

Theres no need for the degrading comments mate..

I'd say Toeava fits the mould of an outside centre more so than a fullback. His strength and speed are impressive, but he doesn't seem to look as comfortable at the back. He doesn't really have much of a boot on him either. Carter actually only ever played fullback as a foil for Andrew Mehrtens during the end of 2004 and the start to the middle of 2005 (even after he had started playing fly half for the All Blacks at the end of 2004) as Deans wanted Mehrtens to have the starting spot at 10.

a degrading comment can degrade a degrading comment..

toeava is a fullback if has to be...finished

Fair enough..

Toeava was put at fullback cos there's no room for him to play at 10, 12, or 13 at the Hurricanes..

He does have a boot on him, but he seems to mistime his kicks more often than not from the back.. It just looks as though he tries to kick it too hard
He's an excellent goal kicker.. Maybe when he's a bit older they might give him kicking duties, but with McAlister and Nacewa in your team, I guess you don't need him to

toeava may not have a huge kick but he can certainly beat a player and can defintely play fullback. one of the greatest all blacks of all time christian cullen didn't have a huge boot either and he played fullback.

mils has a mortgage on the 15 jersey and it is basically his unless he is injured. toeava's best chance for now is the 13 jersey because there is limited depth there and no real standouts. his best chance to make the world cup is being able to play 2 positions or more.

In my very honest opinion, Toeava stands a good chance of wearing the All Blacks No.13 jersey this year starting with the June Internationals & Tri-Nations.

No other NZ centre has really impressed me (unless Mils recovers quickly in time). Casey Laulala had a good game against the Stormers but that was because of Carter & Co.
Without them, he was pretty much average and utter crap.

Toeava doesnt need big name people near him to show his quality. For two games in a row now, he has outplayed two big guns - Jacque Fourie & Lote Tuqiri.

Latest posts