• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Round 9: Blues v Stormers

D

Dumbo

Well then… the Blues (11th on the ladder) take on the Stormers (10th). Stormers won last week by the slimmest of margins whilst the Blues took it to the Bulls.
Crucial to this game is selection… Lavea has made no friends at all…

Hopefully the Backline will be something along the lines of :

9. Senio
10. Nacewa
11. Rocokoko
12. McAlister
13. Tuitavakie
14. Howlett
15. Brent "Better then Dumbo" Ward

Easy tiger... but yup agree that’s the backline I'm hoping to see.
Has there been any rumours of McAllwayshurt being back from injury?

mcallister has recovered from his broken jaw, but noosie doesnt want to rush him back into the lineup because oh his lack of game-time/fittness. tuituvaki however, has had a colision with a goal post, and will most likely miss the match. macdonald is out injured, and braid is also still on the injury list.

most likely, you will see 10) mcallister/necawa 11)rokococo 12)necawa/mcallister, 13) tupoki, 14) howlett/mr W 15 ward.

I would go same as last week with maybe Joe van Niekerk starting at no.8 instead of Adri Badernhorst.

Go the Blues... if they win this one and Lavea isn't playing at 1st5 then he may be out for good. If that happens then the Blues could be a player towards the end of the competition.

Don't underestimate the Blues... there's a lot of talent in that side, a lot.

well braid howlett and macdonald are all out for the blues. macAlister might be back but not confirmed yet.

in training nacewa was at 10 rua at second five and macAlister was in the opposing group.

info take from http://tvnz.co.nz/view/page/488120/695699

I think the blues will just be too good again and should win this fairly easily

Stormers lost all their home games (well, they have a draw but in `point` terms it`s a defeat, you can have 2 points even if you lose ) but they won vs Cats at Ellis and vs Western Force !

I think it will be a close call ! Being a SA team i`ll pick them to win!

Head to Head:
Blues: 1 - Tony Woodcock, 2 - Kevin Mealamu (Captain), 3 - John Afoa, 4 - Greg Rawlinson, 5 - Ali Williams, 6 - Troy Flavell, 7 - Onosai'i Tololima Auva'a, 8 - Nick Williams, 9 - John Senio, 10 - Isa Nacewa, 11 - Joe Rokocoko, 12 - Rua Tipoki, 13 - Anthony Tuitavake, 14 - Viliame Waqaseduadua, 15 - Brent Ward.
Reserves: 16 - Tim Dow, 17 - Saimonie Taumoepeau, 18 - Kurtis Haiu, 19 - Regan Tamihere, 20 - Junior Poluleuigaga, 21 - Luke McAlister, 22 - Ben Atiga.

Stormers: 1 - JD Moller, 2 - Hanyani Shimange, 3 - Eddie Andrews, 4 - Andries Bekker, 5 - Gerrie Britz, 6 - Luke Watson, 7 - Schalk Boof Burger, 8 - Adri Badenhorst, 9 - Bolla Conradie, 10 - Naas Olivier, 11 - Marius Joubert, 12 - Jean De Villiers, 13 - De Wet Barry (Captain), 14 - Tonderai Chavhanga, 15 - Joe Pietersen.
Reserves: 16 - Schalk Brits, 17 - Neil Fullard, 18 - Henk Eksteen, 19 - Joe Van Niekerk, 20 - Neil De Kock, 21 - Peter Grant, 22 - Jongi Nokwe.
-----------------------------------------
Woohoo... Lavea didn't even make the bench!

Dumbo where do you get your team lineups from?

I cant decipher half the dribble on the SA sites ....... so i find it hard to get there lineups

From allblacks.com, only problem is they only focus in on Kiwi's sides.
For the others I go to planetrugby.com, it's a bit of a **** around cause you they don't list it head to head (just got to bring both teams up and copy and paste)

Now can I safely call Truth an idiot for saying that all the Force backs were better then Nacewa?

Nacewa is one of the most quality players in the blues squad and the most valuable...i dont know why wayne pivac doesnt select him to play for fiji....
if nacewa was eligible for the allblacks then henry would have selected him and their would be no need to develop isaih toeava....

I thought Nacewa played fullback for the All Blacks on the end of season tour last year?

nope....nacewa played a few minutes for fiji in last the world cup...

it was isiah toeava who played for the allblacks at FB against scotland last year

Interesting game... Fiji could have a serious 1st5... that’s gonna be real good for the islands...

Number 6 is interesting.... keen, strong, hungry but the discipline thing...
Flavell really must be in contention for the All Black 6 jersey... If any ones been watching Collins of late will now that he's been not 110% of his normal self...

Can Flavell play lock?

Latest posts