• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Round 9: Chiefs v Bulls

D

Dumbo

Chiefs (9th on the ladder) square off with the mighty Bulls (ranked 5th). Chiefs took out the Highlanders last week and the Bulls went down to the Blues… expect the Bulls to fire up for this game BUT the Chiefs are starting to look like a solid 15… look forward to seeing who’s playing on both sides.

I believe the Bulls will shake off their poor tour form, and bounce back to defeat the Chiefs. Morné Steyn rumoured to be starting at fly-half as Derick Hougaard sustained an ankle injury.

Bulls must win this one in order to be in contest for a place in the semis

Well then... the Chiefs must win this one 'cause they'll feel real stink if they don't.

Chiefs play very well at home! Yeah, they are favorites in this game but i`m expecting Bulls to get the victory!

I'm going the other way on this one Rassie... Chiefs are starting to look a lot more positive (last week they didn't have Jono and still played as a team - good sign). Look forward to seeing the teams announced though.

Any team that has Sivivatu in it has a good chance of winning. IMO he is probably the top winger in the world, he has a lot of pace, breaks tackles and is always looking for work. But Bulls by 3 for me!

The Bulls should be the favorite leading into the game, they are an awesome unit and I'm positive they'll be playing real hard (and this is where I think they'll have it over the Chiefs as thus far have not played with that ******* desire for winning).

If Ranby's at 13 then the Chiefs are poked. I they stick with Mils then I think there's a chance... Mils can off load in the tackle and make the short passes to the wings... Oh and if Kellawanker is back then they may be screwed as well...

I'm hoping to see for the Chiefs...

9 - Jamie Nutbrown, 10 - Stephen Donald, 11 - Sitiveni Sivivatu, 12 - David Hill, 13 - Mils Muliaina, 14 - Sosene Anesi, 15 - Loki Crichton.

Hill seems to make Donald relax a bit and trust his passing game... and I’d like to see Mils at 13 from this point forth.

chiefs to win it fairly easily i would say. sivivatu and anesi in red hot form at the moment. they caused lots of problems for the highlanders and should do the same agaisnt the bulls. bulls may compete for first half or so but i think they will fade and the chiefs will win with ease

Im new to super 14 but who's the number 8 for the Chiefs and why is he not starting in the All Blacks first team.

Head to Head:
Chiefs: 1 - Simms Davison, 2 - Tom Willis, 3 - Nathan White, 4 - Bernie Upton, 5 - Sean Hohneck, 6 - Steven Bates, 7 - Marty Holah (Captain), 8 - Sione Lauaki, 9 - Byron Kelleher, 10 - Stephen Donald, 11 - Sitiveni Sivivatu, 12 - Sam Tuitupou, 13 - Niva Ta'auso, 14 - Sosene Anesi, 15 - Mils Muliaina.
Reserves: 16 - Aleki Lutui, 17 - Ben Castle, 18 - Jono Gibbes/Kristian Ormsby, 19 - Liam Messam, 20 - Jamie Nutbrown, 21 - David Hill/Mark Ranby/Lelia Masaga , 22 - Loki Crichton.

Bulls: 1 - Jaco Engels, 2 - Gary Botha, 3 - Andries Human, 4 - Bakkies Botha, 5 - Victor Matfield (captain), 6 - Tim Dlulane, 7 - Jacques Cronje, 8 - Pedrie Wannenburg, 9 - Fourie du Preez, 10 - Morne Steyn, 11 - Bryan Habana, 12 - Wynand Olivier, 13 - Rudi Coetzee, 14 - Akona Ndungane, 15 - Johan Roets.
Reserves: 16 - Jan Adriaan Strauss, 17 - Wessel Roux, 18 - Danie Rossouw, 19 - Pierre Spies, 20 - Heini Adams, 21 - JP Nel, 22 - John Mametsa
-----------------------------
Crap, Kellewanker's back, Mils is out center and back at fullback, Jono's on the bench and Sam's back at 2nd5... crap, crap; crap.

wooo that looseforward battle is gonna be a treat!

lauaki vs cronje!!!..2 powerhouses

Byron Kelleher vs Victor Matfield, woohoo - hopefully Victor can smack him harder this time and keep him out of the Chiefs and for the rest of the season... woohoo!

26 all draw, drop goal from the Chiefs could have had the win... both teams could have one on the day

habana is the best winger in the world!....put him in a team that can create opportunities for him and he will be looking at 2-3 tries per game...