• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby 08 confirmation ?

Gamespot has listed Rugby 08 with the 23rd July as the release date.

No info yet, will check it regularly for any updates.
[/b]

Yeah just saw that. Iiiiiiiiiiiiiiinteresting.

EA are usually the first to throw adverts and previews of new games in peoples faces, they are practically whores............why not Rugby???????

EA are usually the first to throw adverts and previews of new games in peoples faces, they are practically whores............why not Rugby???????
[/b]

I really dont know. TBH untill EA actually confirm this ***le officially, I have to admit to still having my doubts about it.

It just doesnt add up at all.

totally agree but i did see the promo box in a store so i guess it is coming but no website for it is a bit strange but there is still another 2 months till it is released so anything can happen

Is there any confirmation of Rugby 08 being on PS3 or is it just a PS2, 360 and PC game?
It would be a shame not to use the power of the PS3 to advance the game play/graphics etc...

Is there any confirmation of Rugby 08 being on PS3 or is it just a PS2, 360 and PC game?
It would be a shame not to use the power of the PS3 to advance the game play/graphics etc... [/b]
Well we can't even confirm it to be on 360, let alone PS3. No doubt it will be on PS2 and PC, but next gen gaming is very iffy for this ***le.

We'll just have to see i guess.

For them to release it on July 19th will mean that several international sides are going to have incorrect or outdated rosters for World Cup. Seems weird to me. Many teams won't have totally finalised there WC squads until August.

Yeah I was just thinking Woosah, that if rugby 08 is essentially the same as 06 then your roster editor might work without any modifications. That would be awesome since it's almost a certainty EA will screw us out of a decent editor.....again. >sigh<

f&#k ea they are f@#king me off!!!! think they can just hold off info even tho eb, gamesman, and gameplanet have already f@#king said it confirmed. If the game does come out in July im gonna be so ****** that they had the nerve to hold off info till the last second, and im not even gonna buy if its just an updated 06, but if no games coming at all till after the world cup, then "f" ea "f" hb studios, a#&holes!!! Ive come to my wits end!! :%#%#:
money hungry f@#ks!!!!

f&#k ea they are f@#king me off!!!! think they can just hold off info even tho eb, gamesman, and gameplanet have already f@#king said it confirmed. If the game does come out in July im gonna be so ****** that they had the nerve to hold off info till the last second, and im not even gonna buy if its just an updated 06, but if no games coming at all till after the world cup, then "f" ea "f" hb studios, a#&holes!!! Ive come to my wits end!! :%#%#:
money hungry f@#ks!!!!
[/b]

Absolutely 1st class rant that my friend. :D

must say EA are being absolute nooooobbbbsss about this. If the distributer had already revealed the "Key features" why aren't they saying that its even being released. This is getting quite exiting. I just would have wished that there is better contol over side-steps and hand-offs. Seeing that the whole "gimic" with the 07 sports ***les (Fifa and Madden, current gen) were that there were new offensive moves with the "trick stick" and the "highlight stick". The defensive sryles seem interesting but not really ground breaking. A year and a halfs wait and this is wot they give us loyal rugby fans, well well where's the respect!! a!s holes :%#%#: . I'm still gonna buy it, already put my name down in game, its just it should be a bit more ground breaking, oh well should be interesting. Hopefully the Ospreys will be Best welsh team (Okay pretty gutting heineken camaign, but still), wole team will be star players, haha :D not quite but i think Shane Williams, Marshall and Maybe Hook and maybe they might give Henson the benifit of the doubt (If they give Wilkinson, they should give henson).
Yay!

well eb games out here also have the key features on the box, they obviously distribute to eb from gamewizz so thats probably why they got a mock up box.

i am still lookin forward to this game, just hope i have time to make another player editor (better this time) when it comes out.

I can only find the release date on SH websites. Is there a confirmed release date in britain? And any slim chance of a psp versiopn?

I can only find the release date on SH websites. Is there a confirmed release date in britain? And any slim chance of a psp versiopn? [/b]

No chance at all of a PSP vesion.

Nooooooooooooooooo give me psp rugby EA you ********!!!! Oh btw were any of the rugby games on playstation1 because the PSP can now play all(well most) PS1 games!!! Let me know anyone. Please god don't let it be Rugby 2$$4(I hate you).
Ta.

Good news for you Ozzy. Jonah Lomu Rugby is available for PS1. That is an old but still very good game.

Maybe Woosaah may figure out a name editor for it so you could add new players. Still JLR would be a great psp game.

yeah ill get a psp when there is a rugby or cricket game on it. as long as its playable cricket not like blic :D

Latest posts