• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby 08 confirmation ?

yeah almost certainly that its bull dookie but it would be cool features, it got me excited!!

No online results in no next gen.....anyone else thinking that??

When talking about niche sports ***les, what about all the aussie rules games that keep coming out....PS2 only but they have had, what, 5 years on the trot. Tell me they sell more than Rugby games.

RUGBY 08
From Wikipedia,

Rugby 08 is the 2007 release in the Rugby series by EA Sports. The game allows players to play as many Rugby nations, both major and minor, and includes many tournaments, such as the Rugby World Cup, the Tri Nations, the Six Nations, Super 14 and Sevens tournment.

The game is currently in the last stage of development and will be released on july 23rd 2007.

The game is going to be released on PC, PS2 and Xbox360.

New Features will include a new custom moves feature and line out calls.

RUGBY 08
From Wikipedia,

Rugby 08 is the 2007 release in the Rugby series by EA Sports. The game allows players to play as many Rugby nations, both major and minor, and includes many tournaments, such as the Rugby World Cup, the Tri Nations, the Six Nations, Super 14 and Sevens tournment.

The game is currently in the last stage of development and will be released on july 23rd 2007.

[/b]

Ok own up, which of you keeps changing it. Next it will say " online mode " :D

Custom moves sounds good and all but will probably only be of real use against human opponents, I would image the cpu would be easily fooled by strangely created set plays.

If its announced 360 and online, then ill wet myself. :D

Besides that, Wickedneoq goes on to speculate that Rugby ‘08, a ***le HB Studios confirmed they’re working on as of last month, is going to stretch over and move to Xbox 360 as well. I wouldn’t put it behind EA Sports to ask for about five versions of the game on five different platforms, so it’s not too hard to believe. [/b]
http://news.mygamercard.net/2007/03/27/rug...8-for-xbox-360/

Make what you will of that

Found this lot on the Sidhe forum also;

-The game is due out on July 19 in NZ.

-Richie McCaw is the cover guy.

-Updated teams

-New Set Pieces

-Over 30 Classic matches

-Play as your favourite team in the Rugby World Cup

-Creative Scoring.

RUGBY 08
From Wikipedia,

[/b]
Sevens tournament would be an awesome feature. Sadly now I look at the Wiki post, the more I think its fake. The spelling of tournament is wrong, they have it as 'tournment'. Also Wiki page has been changed to;

Originally posted by Wikipedia

Rugby 08 is the 2007 release in the Rugby series by EA Sports.

The game is currently in the last stage of development and is rumored be released on july 23rd 2007 for PS2 and PC.

An xbox360 version has been rumored but not confirmed. In fact the only actual source of information so far is from a box cover in EB stores. EA have made no official comment regarding this game to date.

Rumored new Features include a new custom moves feature and line out calls along with a sevens tournament. PS2 and PC versions are extremely unlikely to have online play

Lol, I always run everything when I'm playing Rugby 06. On my own tryline, what to do? I know...pass it wide & hope I don't get an intercept or get tackled over the line.

Oh my god!!!! July the 23rd is my birthday!!!! Special birthday pressy for me!!
[/b]

Isn't that a Monday? Do games usually release on a Monday down under? Just that in the UK it's usually a Friday... and the fact that Wikipedia is so open to user content suggests that a lot of that may be BS. Sevens mode? Really...

"...1. you can't end the game by kicking it out (that's a new rule coming in next year to rugby union).."

I know some of the new rules that they are thinking of bringing after the world cup but I can't seem to remember one that matches this.

So what are the ways that the game can end?

In Rugby '06 it annoys me that the game cannot end on a scrum. It seems like such a small thing and rather silly for EA to get wrong.

It would have been just a simple little code.

If [currentaction] = scrum and [gametime] > 40 then
End Game
Else
Call Scrum procedure
EndIf

if ea=good at making accurate games
then
kean = willing to pay moneys to them
else
kean = sad and/or >ea
endif

mmm boolean operators

lol takes me back to my school days in delphi - i didn't learn a thing, spent most of the time playing solitaire :D

i thought it was meant to be july 19........my birthday :D

also, i love the fact that we are hanging on the words of wikipedia when there is a 90% chance that its someone on this forum changing it everyday!

i thought it was meant to be july 19........my birthday :D

also, i love the fact that we are hanging on the words of wikipedia when there is a 90% chance that its someone on this forum changing it everyday!
[/b]

But which one of us is it? :ph34r:

well, i think we're all happy to welcome portugal to this impending version of electronic rugby gaming.

i'm gonna learn how to shout, "goddamnit ea, i passed the ball!" in portugese.

these are my priorities.